• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The way AR's have come down in price, you shouldn't have any problem finding one for under $1K. I even broke down and bought one and that's saying a lot for a cheapskate like me.

Silverado23

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah I could buy one new any day of the week for $700-800 local or online for $650 shipped but some of those deals aren't quite what I'm looking for.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Yeah I could buy one new any day of the week for $700-800 local or online for $650 shipped but some of those deals aren't quite what I'm looking for.

No disrespect but maybe I'm missing something here. If I had $999.99 to spend on an AR, I'm sure that I could get something very close to what I'm looking for. There are folks on this forum that could help you find or even build that special AR and that could be what you are referring to.

Silverado23

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Never built one. I know it's not rocket science but I'm not an expert on firearm building. Any suggestions?

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'm no expert gunsmith but after research here on the forum and other avenues like AR15.COM and YouTube it's fairly easy and cheaper to build a lower and buy a complete upper right now. Built my first one sitting at the dining room table. Just sayin

redneck

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is probably 30 people no here that would help you build one

From the deep woods

rolltide64

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I built my first one Wednesday night at my desk in my office watching a YouTube video as a guide. Built the lower and ordered a complete upper I should say but it was super easy and now I know the internals of my weapon which is pretty cool... My 2 cents

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You need to list what you're looking for. You mentioned that there are complete ones out there for $600 but they're "not what you're looking for." Are you looking for a specific look? A specific barrel length? I can build you one for well under a grand, but I can also build you one for $3k! It all depends on what you want in it, on it or attached to it!lol If you want to build one, I've got all the tools you'll need and I'll walk you through it.

safetyfirst

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It's soooooooooo easy to put together a lower kit into a lower. You can get a lower now for between 50 and 75 bucks. (Better brands are between 100 and 150 or so). Kits are around 30. And, there are many youtube videos about how to put it together. I've done it several times now. Each time I get better (making sure not to leave any scratches like most newbies). On a budget of $1K, you can easily build a couple, and have fun doing it. I would suggest going to a Gun Show, and looking for a barrel and upper already put together. Just decide if you want a carbine or mid-length.

Have fun!

Top Bottom