• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LAsickseven

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I'm afraid subsonic 22wmr and 22 hornet is an oxymoron.
    They don’t make subsonic 22 hornet but the dies anre almost exactly the same as 22WMR. As far as subsonic 22WMR Winchester made a target round with a muzzle velocity of 1000fps which is subsonic. I know a guy with several boxes of it

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    I was unaware of these. They must be hard to find. But why would you pay for 22 WMR rounds (which are double the cost of LR) when you could send the same pay load at the same velocity out of a 22 LR which is half the price. What's the advantage of a magnum at LR velocity? The only thing I can think of is if you don't own a LR. But than my question is, why don't you, their fun.

LAsickseven

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I was unaware of these. They must be hard to find. But why would you pay for 22 WMR rounds (which are double the cost of LR) when you could send the same pay load at the same velocity out of a 22 LR which is half the price. What's the advantage of a magnum at LR velocity? The only thing I can think of is if you don't own a LR. But than my question is, why don't you, their fun.
    Thats a good question! I did some reading and you can actually get a 60gr 22lr subsonic and the heaviest 22wmr they make is only 50gr and it’s hypersonic. I guess I need to go that route instead. Thanks for the input!

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Slightly off topic, but I have never actually seen anyone reload rimfire. It would be cool to see your setup if you ever wanted to post about the process. :)

LAsickseven

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Slightly off topic, but I have never actually seen anyone reload rimfire. It would be cool to see your setup if you ever wanted to post about the process. :)
    I have never done it either but I have been reading a lot about it on some other reloading forms. From what I understand you can’t buy the brass or bullets so people are pulling the bullets out and adding or subtracting powder. The key it to use a brass spacer between the casing and plate as to not contact the rim/primer. Seems to be sketchy business

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    I have never done it either but I have been reading a lot about it on some other reloading forms. From what I understand you can’t buy the brass or bullets so people are pulling the bullets out and adding or subtracting powder. The key it to use a brass spacer between the casing and plate as to not contact the rim/primer. Seems to be sketchy business
    Not to mention DANGEROUS!

Latest posts

Staff online

Top Bottom