• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm sure gay men are delighted to have the right to marry a woman, and gay women must be thrilled at the prospect of marrying a man. Of course they have the right to marry as you described, but where is it stated that a man can't marry a man, or a woman can't marry a woman? And yes, a lot of this is financially driven I'm sure, which is the main reason state sanctioned marriage is undertaken by many people. My wife and I got married because it was a better deal financially. We were perfectly happy living together for several years without a marriage license from the state. I guess when the state and society stop making it preferable to be married, we can just skip that.

My point remains that they have the exact same rights. They don't want to be treated the same, they wanted to be treated differently. I agree that government should get out of marriage, they should get out of all aspects of our day to day lives, but being a realist I know that won't happen.

devildog83

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If it is not your Son or Daughter, What the hell diffrence will it make in your life?
    With the way government is getting involved with everything in our children's day to day lives, it won't be long till it will be everyone's issue. I don't believe it is right, but that is my opinion, I have a gay family member and i treat him no different than anyone else. However my issue lies with the way government will handle it, with common core anything is now possible in the school system. Pretty soon the government will be adding this to the list of things to teach our kids in school instead of allowing parents to be parents.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm still trying to figure out which amendment gives the "right" to marry. I see one for freedom of speech, I see one for the right to bear arms, I see one for illegal search and seizures, I see one where they can't quarter troops in your house, however I DONT see one for the "right" to marry gay or straight. So how is this unconstitutional?

I have to agree with Donr. Now in the military gay marriages are allowed 10 days of non-chargeable leave to get married. How come I wasn't given 10 days of free leave for my marriage. It's true, it all comes down to a certain group of people wanting special treatment. Why is it allowed a service member can march in uniform in a gay parade, but I can't march in any parade in uniform unless it's an official military event? With these 2 facts you can't deny certain people think they are entitled to "special" treatment.

Plain and simple......

Doc

Last edited:

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm still trying to figure out which amendment gives the "right" to marry. I see one for freedom of speech, I see one for the right to bear arms, I see one for illegal search and seizures, I see one where they can't quarter troops in your house, however I DONT see one for the "right" to marry gay or straight. So how is this unconstitutional?

I have to agree with Donr. Now in the military gay marriages are allowed 10 days of non-chargeable leave to get married. How come I wasn't given 10 days of free leave for my marriage. It's true, it all comes down to a certain group of people wanting special treatment. Why is it allowed a service member can march in uniform in a gay parade, but I can't march in any parade in uniform unless it's an official military event? With these 2 facts you can't deny certain people think they are entitled to "special" treatment.

Plain and simple......

Doc

7 days, only if residing 100 miles from a state that allows same sex marriage. 10 days only if OCONUS. Such leave is limited to once a career.

http://www.defense.gov/home/feature...enefits-to-Same-Sex-Spouses-of-Military-M.pdf

Gay Parade thing seems to have been a one-off thing, 2 years ago.

The blanket approval for the various branches of the military applies only to the 2012 San Diego Pride Parade, Bardorf said.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/20/us/california-military-gay-parade/

In any event, I think were about to find out how much these Alabama Judges really believe that its a sin, because the law has been laid down for them, and if they really believe in the bible, they wiill be obliged to disobey the law, and accept the punishment that comes with it, yes?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/13/us/alabama-same-sex-marriage-ruling.html

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fudge packers and carpet munchers getting hitched will only add to the divorce rate - as they'll surely be a ton splitting in the future. As always, only the lawyers will be the winners.

Although it does raise the question how the judges will divide assets. Since the man is screwed in a heterosexual divorce - I guess the butch/strapper lesbian will get hammered and the the fruity effeminate gay will come out ahead... ;)

Famine

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Judge not less you yourself be judged. Homosexuality is a sin and if a Church opposes gay marriage - I have no issue with them refusing to perform the service. On the other hand in today's world marriage is a state sponsored legal pairing of individuals that as has been previously stated offers individuals benefits not otherwise obtained. I have to fall on the side of either eliminate those benefits or allow gays to marry in civil or religious service as appropriate. And for those that want to extend their believes to civil ceremonies based on sin - remember what Christ said about divorce: In the book of Matthew Jesus says "Because of your hardness of heart Moses allowed you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so. And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery". How many of us in light of this are adulterers?

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Judge not less you yourself be judged. Homosexuality is a sin and if a Church opposes gay marriage - I have no issue with them refusing to perform the service. On the other hand in today's world marriage is a state sponsored legal pairing of individuals that as has been previously stated offers individuals benefits not otherwise obtained. I have to fall on the side of either eliminate those benefits or allow gays to marry in civil or religious service as appropriate. And for those that want to extend their believes to civil ceremonies based on sin - remember what Christ said about divorce: In the book of Matthew Jesus says "Because of your hardness of heart Moses allowed you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so. And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery". How many of us in light of this are adulterers?

Thank. You.

I dont know why this is so hard for people to understand.

Prejudice seems to cause blindness.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Again guys I just wana take this opportunity to say I really just don't like Droski. Can we BAN him yet? troll

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Stanley,What do you think of Droshki?...I love it when the Bible thumpers come in and use the SIN word. I need someone with more knowlege than me to tell me the numbers but someone told me there are more than 100.

All sins are the same in the eyes of GOD so you thumpers should look at your own lives. I would suggest that none of you live sin free.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not sure why an government, state or federal, has anything to do with marriage. Why did I have to apply for the state to give me and my wife a piece of paper saying we are married?

Gay marriage is inevitable. I just hope that once it's done we can quit pretending that 1% of the population is actually 51% of the population.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Marriage has huge financial benefits, from reduced taxes, to insurance benefits, to being able to stay with your loved one in the hospital, to real estate deeds. The practical benefits of allowing gay couples to marry far exceed concerns about morality. As for sins, - that requires choice - Folks don't choose to be gay, they simply are. Punishing someone for being gay is the same as punishing someone based on their hair color or skin color. What two consenting adults do in the privacy of their home is none of my concern.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Stanley,What do you think of Droshki?...I love it when the Bible thumpers come in and use the SIN word. I need someone with more knowlege than me to tell me the numbers but someone told me there are more than 100.

All sins are the same in the eyes of GOD so you thumpers should look at your own lives. I would suggest that none of you live sin free.

Snow Bird: I have watched your post for a while, and have had to restrain myself from posting on what seemed to be your troll postings in the past.

You make me wish there was an ignore button on the forum! I really wish you would go back up north and leave us alone; you shit stirrer you!! Go beat your own drum!

ADMINS, please give us an ignore button for those we do not even want to see...like this Snow Bird!

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Snow Bird: I have watched your post for a while, and have had to restrain myself from posting on what seemed to be your troll postings in the past.

You make me wish there was an ignore button on the forum! I really wish you would go back up north and leave us alone; you shit stirrer you!! Go beat your own drum!

ADMINS, please give us an ignore button for those we do not even want to see...like this Snow Bird!

Dang I just got in trouble for my personal attacks on another member or I would lite into u for messing with my Bird! O and there is a ignore button I'm on a few people's list.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thank you Stanley.Racken Ray, You might pm Frankie, He will tell you how to do it. You can always bypass any post I put up or do the better way and do the ingore thing. Would be better for both of us.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

There was an ignore and Ray I have had the troll snowbird on it for over a year. the only one I have done so on this forum...so I understand! They may have removed the button to put the LIKE/thanks button on, I cannot find it

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    WOW...Frank you are reading my posts again...Just knew you couldn't stay away from this Really Nice Guy

Edit,Some one tell Frank it't where it always was. Right below the 6.8 thing on his over sized takeing up space on the page.

Last edited:

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got to work in the morning so Racken Ray and Frank, You two walk each other how to find the Like button and the Ignore features.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Well... after the last 6 comments, I feel pretty good that I can read other people's opinions on the interwebs and not get upset... Ignore button? Come on man... it's the internet. Not everyone is going to agree with you. Don't be such sensitive pussies! I for one love these controversial topics... you never know what you might learn from someone you disagree with.

Sent from my Galaxy S5....

Top Bottom