WOT triggers confiscated from gun owners.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boogan1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    So let's just ask the question, what would you do if you purchased one of these and the ATF shows up at your door asking for it? All internet bravado aside honestly what do you say or do? I know these things are pricey but do you potentially go to jail or spend thousands of dollars on legal fees to fight it or just hand them over. There is a part of the constitution that says citizens can't be forced to surrender property without due process but who pays the legal fees to fight this?

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The BATFECES letter says “…some FRT…”, but they are trying to confiscate All FRT.
    Shady bastards can’t even commit to a stance, so they write another inter-office memo with vague wording to justify their Unconstitutional actions.

Their ”reasoning” is probably: “Well, one specific FRT (after someone, we won’t confirm if they work for us or not, maybe possibly hit it with a small file…) allowed full-auto, so ALL FRT ”might” do the same, so we have to confiscate each one and examine it, just in case.”

So let's just ask the question, what would you do if you purchased one of these and the ATF shows up at your door asking for it? All internet bravado aside honestly what do you say or do? I know these things are pricey but do you potentially go to jail or spend thousands of dollars on legal fees to fight it or just hand them over. There is a part of the constitution that says citizens can't be forced to surrender property without due process but who pays the legal fees to fight this?

You do what your principles dictate to allow you to sleep at night.

No internet bravado, just my thoughts: I never purchased one of these, but it doesn’t matter. I know where my line is. I’ve said as much on here and in person. I’m not a criminal, and I refuse to be treated like one. I don’t care who shows up, what they are wearing, what time it is, or who supposedly pays their salary. They’ve got the wrong house, and everything that happens after their initial mistake is on them. Morally, legally, spiritually, etc. My conscience is clear. They treat me and my family and my property with respect, and things will go smoothly and peacefully. They act like arrogant fools, and things will proceed accordingly.

You ask about submitting to their Unconstitutional demands or fighting. Well, you can go the route of what is morally Right, all costs be damned, or you can go the route of what is monetarily least expensive.

I think we can all agree that: 1) their seizures are WRONG, and 2) fighting it will be more monetarily expensive than just peacefully complying and surrendering whatever they ask for.

So, it’s really just a choice on what you can live with.

That article about Federal agents confiscating “machine guns” was written on April 19, 2023.

Interesting how just 248 years ago, to the day, “We The People” fired shots heard around the world to say what we thought about firearms confiscation and government overreach.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    surrendering got us where we are today...at this point...2 hots and a cot with free cable tv might not be so bad.

next will be those rifles that when the disconnector wears out on and fires on pull and release
    then the ones with the M, 1 and A that gets the trigger hit with a file the wrong way and turns it into a 4 rather than A
    it won't stop

Hinote

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If they show up at your house then they know you have one and I would turn it over. But! Under no circumstances do you ever sign the form 3400.1 when you do. Demand the form 3400.23. These forms are basically receipts saying that the AFT seized your property. The difference is the 3400.1 says that you admit to having contraband and you give up all your ownership rights and can never retrieve your property if this BS is overruled while the 3400.23 says you disagree with their assessment but you are surrendering your property under protest.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Just what is a WOT trigger?
    It is a forced reset trigger. It resets itself so you just pull back on the trigger and the gun keeps firing - but it is just one round per pull.

They do hurt your finger if you are pulling too hard.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    The ONLY thing to do is contact a reputable lawyer before any talking or handing over property. They are sending out letters as a fishing experiment to see how many will comply. I know someone this has happened to. Lawyer takes possession and deals directly with aft so the owner of said WOT never has constructive intent.

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    No desire to own one so I could care less. Same goes for a binary trigger, no use for it.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The ONLY thing to do is contact a reputable lawyer before any talking or handing over property. Lawyer takes possession and deals directly with aft so the owner of said WOT never has constructive intent.

Paying hundreds, if not thousands, in billable hours to handle the issue of a trigger that cost a couple hundred?

Yep, that makes sense.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yeah, while it isn't 'right', all of this brace / FRT trigger stuff is predicable seeing as the BATFEEEEEEE is a political arm for the leftists.

Especially when they let violent criminals off with a slap on the wrist yet what to put gun owners away for 10 years for the BATFEEEE changing it's mind... tells you all you ever need to know...

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Paying hundreds, if not thousands, in billable hours to handle the issue of a trigger that cost a couple hundred?

Yep, that makes sense.
    Not my fault you don't have a lawyer homie! There's absolutely zero reason the aft will just let you turn one without repercussions. They are now a class 3 item and that makes it felonious... far to easy to slap charges down. The more difficult it becomes for aft to confiscate, maybe the less likely they come for them.... I don't have one or think they're that cool, just another of the 10,000 cuts or micro aggressions they wanna try. Where is the line drawn? You gonna hand over your so called "high capacity" mags? Your modern sporting rifle or your 9mm Glock because the military uses the same cartridge and its to lethal for citizens to possess? Happened in several Latin American countries...

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Not my fault you don't have a lawyer homie! There's absolutely zero reason the aft will just let you turn one without repercussions. They are now a class 3 item and that makes it felonious... far to easy to slap charges down. The more difficult it becomes for aft to confiscate, maybe the less likely they come for them.... I don't have one or think they're that cool, just another of the 10,000 cuts or micro aggressions they wanna try. Where is the line drawn? You gonna hand over your so called "high capacity" mags? Your modern sporting rifle or your 9mm Glock because the military uses the same cartridge and its to lethal for citizens to possess? Happened in several Latin American countries...

Can't "turn in" what you don't have... there, I just saved you $$.

Top Bottom