• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CCC23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone here build or know someone that builds decks? I have a large deck around my pool that needs repairing and/or replaced. I would like to hear suggestions on a possible new / better design for someone in the industry or expirence in building. Any ideas?

I have called dang near every craigslist ad and deck builders advirtised online local I can find...a few never show, some won't return a call and others simply won't answer.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Call Craig and Mitch Owners at One Time Improvements. Great guys they did some work on my cabin in the woods for me and repaired my leaky screened in porch at the house. Also some fence work.

I highly recommend!!!

850-332-8747

https://www.facebook.com/OneTimeImprovementsLlc/

You can reference me. Ken

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can look at it and give you advice, but I simply have no time to do any extra work at the moment. We're completely slammed at work and there's no end in sight as of right now....

CCC23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It seems business is good for all. No problem there. Concrete is the same way..
    I have contact several concrete guys but can't get anyone to return a call or show up.
    Crazy for sure. Feast of Fami.

I can look at it and give you advice, but I simply have no time to do any extra work at the moment. We're completely slammed at work and there's no end in sight as of right now....

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    if you want it done with little or no maintenance i recommend concrete or pavers if the terrain supports the application.
    I had a 50X14 raised treated wood deck installed (two steps to the ground) 6 years ago on the back of my home and the boards are splitting and other problems. Bugs, and rodents love to be under a slightly raised deck. Wood also requires some type of protective coating every year if you want the natural wood look.
    Just some thoughts.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sent you a PM the other day. Wondering if you saw it and if you're still looking for someone to do your deck work?

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well damn, Can't believe no-one has got over there to help you out. Cantonment is a long haul for me. But if you were a bit closer to town (Milton), I'd at least look at what you want done, and would probably re-do it for free. Built a couple of above ground pool decks, and many a outdoor deck, double decks, barns, pole barns, privacy fencing, jungle gym sets, etc. Never really done it as a job, just like building stuff and take pride in what I build.

wld1985

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A buddy of mine is a carpenter and does alot of work for us.. I work for a general contractor, But TREX or an off brand is the way to go, you can sometimes get deals from home depot or lowes for buying so much.... So if ya still need someone let me know and i'll talk to him, i know he was looking for work in the next few days..!

CCC23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have had a few offers from very nice guys.
    I greatly appreciate all the offers for help.

Well damn, Can't believe no-one has got over there to help you out. Cantonment is a long haul for me. But if you were a bit closer to town (Milton), I'd at least look at what you want done, and would probably re-do it for free. Built a couple of above ground pool decks, and many a outdoor deck, double decks, barns, pole barns, privacy fencing, jungle gcym sets, etc. Never really done it as a job, just like building stuff and take pride in what I build.

CCC23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have had a few people suggest pavers...not a bad idea at all. I am waiting on a few ideas and estimates. I may do both. It's a very big area.

CCC23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I will definitely let you know. I have a few people lined out for ideas and suggestions. It is a big project for sure. I'm in the open for ideas phase and trying to see different options.

A buddy of mine is a carpenter and does alot of work for us.. I work for a general contractor, But TREX or an off brand is the way to go, you can sometimes get deals from home depot or lowes for buying so much.... So if ya still need someone let me know and i'll talk to him, i know he was looking for work in the next few days..!

CCC23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just to give everyone an idea on size...
    Intimidating for sure.

Attachments

• IMG_1050.jpg
      IMG_1050.jpg
      884 KB · Views: 88
    Top Bottom