• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I getting quotes for new windows at the house. I've narrowed down the field to either EcoView Windows or Window World. Have you guys ever dealt with either one of these companies or do you have another company you could recommend.

ctc1066

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Merritt Glass did ours after Sally. Very pleased with responsiveness and quality of workmanship

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Window world did ours. Very fair pricing, three small errors. Fit and finish very good, have held up well, they are five years old now. Once they are done they are done though. No after service corrections entertained. Maybe they were not happy I kept all the aluminum from the old windows to scrap for myself, but we needed the money.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I flip houses and use Windows Plus. They have replaced windows in several houses for me over the years. Always a great job and after checking around for prices on the first few I no longer even check, they have always been much less than window world or others. In a few houses they replaced every window in the home and they sent over a crew large enough to do all in 1 day.

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Used lowes 10 years ago and everything was perfect. Ive since used Window World for 2 replacement windows to match the others and they were wonderful also.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Used Window World. My best recommendation is to NOT get the windows that open both from the top and the bottom. I did and have had problems with them. Called Window (Cantonement) world for repair for 2 weeks and they wouldn't return my call. I finally sent an email to Window World Corporate complaining and shortly thereafter Local called me back and came out to repair the window. Now, I've got 3 windows where the seal is broken and the windows have foged up. Now I've got to go back to them again. Yeah, they said lifetime warranty on the windows but you have to ay the service call. Seems to me that if there is a lifetime warranty and the product is defective there should not be a charge to repair the defective product. Not sure if I ould use Window World again.

i see a lot of ads for the New South Windows on TV. Anyone know anything about hem?

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Used Window World. My best recommendation is to NOT get the windows that open both from the top and the bottom. I did and have had problems with them. Called Window (Cantonement) world for repair for 2 weeks and they wouldn't return my call. I finally sent an email to Window World Corporate complaining and shortly thereafter Local called me back and came out to repair the window. Now, I've got 3 windows where the seal is broken and the windows have foged up. Now I've got to go back to them again. Yeah, they said lifetime warranty on the windows but you have to ay the service call. Seems to me that if there is a lifetime warranty and the product is defective there should not be a charge to repair the defective product. Not sure if I ould use Window World again.

i see a lot of ads for the New South Windows on TV. Anyone know anything about hem?
    Those windows are called double hung. :)

rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Thanks Ranger, that is good to know. I got a quote from New South Windows, but they were 10K more than the other quotes. The window sample the agent showed was impressive, the inside glass for the impact resistance was about 1/2 thick, it was impressive. But it wasn't 10K more impressive.

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Unfortunately the best window in the world is only as good as the crack head/meth user doing the install! Usually the bigger the company the more prone they are to hire these "installers". The smaller business where the guy who gives you the estimate and does the install does a better job! Just my .02 worth!

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Unfortunately the best window in the world is only as good as the crack head/meth user doing the install! Usually the bigger the company the more prone they are to hire these "installers". The smaller business where the guy who gives you the estimate and does the install does a better job! Just my .02 worth!
    That sounds like a reasonable statement.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Custom Window Systems out of Ocala made the windows for the house in Mexico Beach that has been featured on the news a few times after Michael for lack of damage. I've not used them, yet, but plan to get a bid from them when I finally get to that project. I'd imagine their prices will be on the higher side though.

gssnyder

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We had Window World come out to give us a quote after hearing great things about them but the guy that showed up was more used car salesman than window sales. My wife and I both felt rushed and forced to do something, but thankfully neither of us fell for it. My wife reached out to the manager and told him about our experience and he said he had received several calls like that about this same guy. He offered to remeasure and redo the quote so we said ok. After it was redone, it had gone up about $600. I told my wife we'd be looking elsewhere. I've since read many horror stories about their install and after the sales customer service.

Still haven't found a place to use but we're looking. I had Lowe's recommended to me but I see a couple of people here don't agree. I understand they contract out to local companies. Can someone give more detail of why I shouldn't consider them?

Tovarish

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Used Hometown to replace all the windows in our house. Not the cheapest by far but the building inspector said he never had to worry about the quality of their work. Window World tried the hard sell, then offered to save us money by bypassing the building permit. That was the end of the conversation for me. I don’t want my insurance company denying a claim because of a crooked installation .

FoxandHound

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We went with window world, did a good job, only draw back was we ordered them this past summer, and they were put in last week(1/27/22). Everyone says, “Nature of the beast right now.”

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom