DK Firearms

Winchester Model 70 .270 Win Classic Stainless w/BOSS Muzzle Brake - Tampa Bay area

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

brianjohn

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Winchester Model 70 .270 Win Classic Stainless w/BOSS - Tampa Bay area - SOLD

Item
    Winchester Model 70 .270 Win Classic Stainless w/BOSS Muzzle Brake

Contact Info
    PM

Price
    $550 or $500 without scope

Item Description
    Made in 1993 at the original Winchester New Haven factory. Is stainless steel with a synthetic stock and has the Model 70's classic pre-’64 style controlled round feed with claw extractor. Has a 24 inch barrel with Browning's tune-able BOSS accuracy enhancing muzzle brake factory installed.

I am the original owner, was purchased new on December 18, 1996. Used for hunting and only shot at the range on a few occasions to sight in. Has always been handled carefully and was always stored in a climate controlled safe after being thoroughly cleaned. Has never been exposed to rain or snow. Is in very good condition. Has minor scratches on the BOSS from adjusting.

There has been maybe 100 rounds max put through it. My best guess based on the ammo I’ve purchased is that the exact number is somewhere between 70-80. Again, this was a hunting rifle and only ever shot otherwise to sight in or to check to make sure it was still zeroed.

Very accurate. I can recall a few times at the range where at 100 yards I put 3 rounds in the bull that were no further apart than a dime, and I'm by no means an expert marksman. It also has a very clean and crisp trigger pull.

Scope is a Simmons Aetec 3.8-12x44 w/ AO. Mounting base and rings are Leupold. Has no scratches on the matte finish or the lenses. Included are the original bikini style lens caps, Butler Creek flip-up scope covers, and the sunshade. Scope was purchased approximately 10 years ago.

Also included is a BOSS-CR, a shoulder sling, and a box of Winchester Ballistic Silvertip ammunition.

This gun is being sold because I very rarely use it. I took it out of the safe a few years back just to have a look and wipe it down, but it hasn't been shot but only a few times in the last 15 years or so.

View hi-res photos here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/7vgepHIMqoCtqRSv1

Sale will be conducted via a FFL dealer at a local firearms store, I will cover those fees.

Must be a US citizen, at least 18 years old, and legally allowed to own firearms. No trades please.

IMG_5155-2_800x.jpg
    IMG_5199_800X600.jpg
    IMG_5203-2_800x.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5155-2_800x.jpg
      IMG_5155-2_800x.jpg
      20.9 KB · Views: 204
    • IMG_5199_800X600.jpg
      IMG_5199_800X600.jpg
      45.1 KB · Views: 199
    • IMG_5203-2_800x.jpg
      IMG_5203-2_800x.jpg