DK Firearms

Why not a national holiday on Presidential election day?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bodhi

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Has it ever occurred to you that we have multiple federal holidays for all sorts of reasons, yet we do not have a federal holiday on the most important voting day?
    Is it because the powers-in-charge just "hope" things stay status quo if no serious get-out-and-vote opportunity is there or is it because it only happens every four years....I don't know. But why can't we have a national holiday on Presidential election day? That might allow us to really curb absentee voting and put a dent in the election controversies we seem to continue to have. I mean it's not like Washington DC is fully working on that day anyway.....right? I bet at least half the town is packing their desk and looking for new jobs. Just something I hope each and everyone of you consider this year. Carry on.

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Washington never fully works any day but they don’t like elections! Instead they will make Undocumented Worker Day as a holiday!

Carl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why not I mean we already have holidays for race baiting communists? Just make sure its on a day that's already being used for a holiday that you don't like so you can overwrite it.

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    It would be nice, could help level the playing field in elections… if it were a holiday then conservatives would have as much time off that day as liberals… would help us do whatever is necessary to win elections..

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why not I mean we already have holidays for race baiting communists? Just make sure its on a day that's already being used for a holiday that you don't like so you can overwrite it.

Somebody’s still mad that women and minorities have rights under the law.

It would be nice, could help level the playing field in elections… if it were a holiday then conservatives would have as much time off that day as liberals… would help us do whatever is necessary to win elections..

Ah, the old “liberals don’t work” trope. I am all for election day being a national holiday. Maybe it would mean that more minorities that have to work to survive would be able to show up and vote alongside old white retirees that have nothing better to do than complain about “liberals,” and how nobody in the history of the world has ever worked as hard as them.

As far as “whatever is necessary” to win the elections. If a capitol insurrection, fake electors, and frivolous lawsuits didn’t work, I’d say you’re probably SOL.

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Somebody’s still mad that women and minorities have rights under the law.

Ah, the old “liberals don’t work” trope. I am all for election day being a national holiday. Maybe it would mean that more minorities that have to work to survive would be able to show up and vote alongside old white retirees that have nothing better to do than complain about “liberals,” and how nobody in the history of the world has ever worked as hard as them.

As far as “whatever is necessary” to win the elections. If a capitol insurrection, fake electors, and frivolous lawsuits didn’t work, I’d say you’re probably SOL.
    Truth must hurt to get you that riled up enough to write a book… Somebody loves that kool-aid…. Drink it up…

Bodhi

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    They usually have a gun barrel to their head. Does that count?
    Or a gun barrel pointed at them to keep them away.

At any rate, point is, if we say we're the most powerful and advanced country on the planet, then our most basic of rights, the right to congregate and vote, is not enforced here. We are a country of contradictions at times. We should without question, encourage our citizens to vote and make their access as equal and unobtrusive as possible...

I'd rather have a national holiday to do that instead of a lot of these other holidays.......we celebrate our independence, right?

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Or a gun barrel pointed at them to keep them away.

At any rate, point is, if we say we're the most powerful and advanced country on the planet, then our most basic of rights, the right to congregate and vote, is not enforced here. We are a country of contradictions at times. We should without question, encourage our citizens to vote and make their access as equal and unobtrusive as possible...

I'd rather have a national holiday to do that instead of a lot of these other holidays.......we celebrate our independence, right?
    Vote by phone, problem solved!!

Bodhi

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Surrre, what could go wrong?
    Well, a lot of people do banking by phone (app) and move money around and order food. Some even post on gun-related forums, so I'm told.

While its not what I would have thought of, it's a method. First problem that comes to mind is millions don't have cell phones.

The other idea I had was that the election cycle (the campaigning) needs to be cut short to six months. This campaigning for a year or more before the election is too much. We are the only country in the free world that does this.....why??? TO RAISE MONEY. Limit the money, limit the noise!!

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Election day should be a national holiday as stated originally. But in addition to that we must do away with mail in voting, other than for military who are stationed away from their home state. Definitely no ballot harvesting, no ballot drop boxes, no day of voting registration and all states must have MANDATORY, current, state issued picture ID. All states need paper ballots to be checked in case of any possible discrepancies. No voting machines connected to the internet or a local network, they must be standalone machines only. Also, partisan watchers from both sides must be in attendance the entire time counting is being done and they must be close enough to correctly view the ballots. All polling places must have their count done and turned in by midnight of election day, no ballots will be counted after that.

All these items will go a long way towards giving us election integrity, although I'm sure the dems will still find ways to get the dead to vote...

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Election day should be a national holiday as stated originally. But in addition to that we must do away with mail in voting, other than for military who are stationed away from their home state. Definitely no ballot harvesting, no ballot drop boxes, no day of voting registration and all states must have MANDATORY, current, state issued picture ID. All states need paper ballots to be checked in case of any possible discrepancies. No voting machines connected to the internet or a local network, they must be standalone machines only. Also, partisan watchers from both sides must be in attendance the entire time counting is being done and they must be close enough to correctly view the ballots. All polling places must have their count done and turned in by midnight of election day, no ballots will be counted after that.

All these items will go a long way towards giving us election integrity, although I'm sure the dems will still find ways to get the dead to vote...
    well, most of those rules/guidelines/laws are already in place and all were violated in the 2020 election... don't need laws, need law enforcement with politicians/elected officials going to jail.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    well, most of those rules/guidelines/laws are already in place and all were violated in the 2020 election... don't need laws, need law enforcement with politicians/elected officials going to jail.
    I'm not aware of most of these items already being law. If I'm wrong, please correct me. Yes, I definitely agree that people need to go to jail for breaking these laws.

As far as I know there is no national holiday, there is mail in voting for whoever wants it, many states have ballot harvesting and dropboxes. Some states do allow day of voting registration. Some states do not have mandatory voter ID. As far as I know not all states have paper ballots. I'm not sure about stand alone machines, I do think some states do have networked machines. I do not know of any state that requires counting to be done by midnight.

I do think there are laws regarding partisan observers. however they were not followed in 2020.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not opposed to a voting holiday, but prefer we first concentrate on proving secure, accountable, and auditable elections are reality. I have significant doubts.

Top Bottom