• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • greywolf7373

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I am curious why some would limit their profile on here? Personally, as it pertains to firearms, I immediately perceive that as a reason not to deal with someone. Even more so when they have low numbers of messages and/or their join date simply is not that long ago.

Am I being too harsh? Thoughts?

J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why do y'all like to dump on people so bad. I cannot speak for others but I will speak for myself. While my social skills might be in short supply they have served me well for the last 65 years. I have a comfortable life and I did not join this site are some of the other sites that I am members of looking for friends, while I am not opposed to new friends that's not why I join. I mainly join to swap information, if there is a subject brought up that I'm interested in I will join in if I have a question I will ask. As far as profile my personal business is my business I don't mean to be rude with this answer but I feel that your question was a bit rude

Imnotbruce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I can only speak for myself but I use the forum strictly for selling locally. I use other forums that I've been using longer for discussion.
    I think the community here is great, however I've just got other places I call home.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I tend to agree. I access this thru tapatalk. And tbh I haven't even checked into all that aspect. Not even sure what's there about me lol. I give everyone a fair shake till for some reason they give me a reason not to. Whether it's a new user or old timer here. Makes no difference to me so long as they're legit and don't play games is all I care about tbh. I've never even checked anyone's profile yet. I just treat em all the same and if I make new friends that's awesome too

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

greywolf7373

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Why do y'all like to dump on people so bad. I cannot speak for others but I will speak for myself. While my social skills might be in short supply they have served me well for the last 65 years. I have a comfortable life and I did not join this site are some of the other sites that I am members of looking for friends, while I am not opposed to new friends that's not why I join. I mainly join to swap information, if there is a subject brought up that I'm interested in I will join in if I have a question I will ask. As far as profile my personal business is my business I don't mean to be rude with this answer but I feel that your question was a bit rude
    OK, let me be a bit more in depth with my question:

I look at profiles to see their previous comments on other posts, their offers of buying and selling etc... What other posts they have commented on helps me to ascertain if someone is worth my time speaking to or are they going to be a potential pain to deal with. Backing out of deals, lowballing, perhaps just being a general pain in the ass.
    It would be wonderful if people used the feedback system, but lets be honest, its not used as much as would be helpful in this situation.

I dont have any personal info on my profile and frankly dont know why anyone would, this is a forums. Nothing more.
    If you take offence to my asking, on a forums, then you and I have a different view on how these are used.

J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm no expert on this computer stuff by no means but let me share something with you, click on a person's icon then click on their messages and you can see anything they have ever posted without ever approaching their profile

greywolf7373

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I'm no expert on this computer stuff by no means but let me share something with you, click on a person's icon then click on their messages and you can see anything they have ever posted without ever approaching their profile
    I'm aware of that my friend, however some profiles are restricted to the point that you cannot even access that function. Hence my post. You will notice in the pictures below that any link to their messages is not there, options are to start a convo, ignore or follow. Nothing more nothing less.

Some of us that are new here reply on word of mouth and reputation, when those functions are not or have not been used then I feel I need to rely on the persons previous interactions and when they are being kept deliberately hidden, then I move on and wont deal with them. This thread is me trying to figure out if I am being overly cautious are if there was perhaps a reason for doing it that I was not aware of.

Attachments

• unknown (20).png
      unknown (20).png
      26.1 KB · Views: 70
    • unknown (21).png
      unknown (21).png
      5.3 KB · Views: 64

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I am curious why some would limit their profile on here? Personally, as it pertains to firearms, I immediately perceive that as a reason not to deal with someone. Even more so when they have low numbers of messages and/or their join date simply is not that long ago.

Am I being too harsh? Thoughts?
    Now that you said that I just limited my profile. LOL

I think most of us old timers been on here long enough that most everyone knows us anyways. I never look at profiles anyway. If you are gonna do business talking on the phone goes along way. I can figure out real quick if I even want to look at you. :)

Top Bottom