• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Education starts at HOME, if the parents are not involved and supportive the teachers don't have a chance. Video games, music, drugs all of it starts with the parents. The breakdown of the American Family, the divorce rate and Dad's not involved is the start of all bad acts of children.

dirtysouth

Marksman
    And some people are just shit house crazy... Guns, drugs, education, it only works for folks who aren't nuts.

Welldoya

Master
    Drugs do ruin lives. I've seen it personally...........in more than one individual and their loved ones.
    I do understand that the majority of video gamers do not go berserk and shoot people but I believe that it can set off those that aren't all there to begin with.
    And young people sound so much smarter without the cuss words.

Seanpcola

And some people are just shit house crazy... Guns, drugs, education, it only works for folks who aren't nuts.

Agreed Steve but the crazy/sane ratio seems to be getting worse.

Probably the definition of "crazy" is the problem. Real "crazy" is a mental health, genetic or trauma induced issue. What crazy is by your and my definition might be what we consider as someone lazy, irresponsible, lacking in judgement, moral relevancy, the basic difference between right and wrong. That can very well be environmental and/or poor parenting skills.

I truly believe there is a higher percentage of people raised nowadays without guidance. A child born and left on his own, pretty much from diaper age forward isn't going to have much of a rudder to guide his decisions. I saw some people on another thread arguing about violent video games, music, TV, movies and such. I absolutely think those things are an influence. Do we ban this stuff? Nope. We raise our kids to know the difference between playing GTA and actually going out jacking cars and killing hookers. I'm sure we've all played Army, cowboys and indians and such when we were kids. It was all real.as hell to us........ until mom yelled that it was time to get in the house and eat dinner. That's when reality pops.back in and fantasy goes on the back burner or we got our back side lit up. That's not happening nowadays.

Schools, common core, political correctness, government agencies telling you how to raise your kids, other agencies ready to swoop down and nail the parent for showing a kid the error of his or her ways, all that crap has done is construct a society of people that live for the here and now, ME being the only important thing going, entitlement mentality, IOWs if it feels.good do it.

These young people doing the school shootings? I would be willing to bet that as they go about their deeds there is a total disconnect to reality. Like Dillon and Kliebold (Columbine), bet they somewhat thought they could reboot when that was over. The people they killed were inconsequential.

Snow Bird

Master
    Remember when it was Dungens and Dragons. Watch any over the air tv shows and in a weeks time you will see close up head shots with blood coming out of the dack of there head and splatering on the wall. Saw a show the other night where a girls throut got cut in a close up and blood was pumping for a couple of min. What about Hannable Lector, Pigs eating people and the body on a rope half eaten? And carving up people to feed his company.

Can't say that leads to volince ,But it sure can't help alot. Now I am all for freedome of speach and they can show all that stuff they want,But they can't show a bare breast? Wheres the stuff I like to watch? I have to go on the net.

There are alot of nuts out there and I don't really think anyone has a clear Idea how to handle the problem. When I say nuts I am not talking about people with problems that are faceing them

Last edited:

Seanpcola

The problem is not just crazy people,I'm talking about true rabid dogs that need to be taken out of the gene pool. People that can kill someone for just any reason and totally forget about it two minutes later. A lack of humanity. You've seen the type, some thug at a convenience store, you look into his eyes and there ain't nothing there. Predators, someone functioning on a lower level. Someone that thinks $5 is a shitpot full of money and will kill you for it, or kill you because they don't like your looks, you have a nicer car or you just remind them of someone.

Last edited:

dirtysouth

Marksman
    The problem is not just crazy people,I'm talking about true rabid dogs that need to be taken out of the gene pool. People that can kill someone for just any reason and totally forget about it two minutes later. A lack of humanity. You've seen the type, some thug at a convenience store, you look into his eyes and there ain't nothing there. Predators, someone functioning on a lower level. Someone that thinks $5 is a shitpot full of money and will kill you for it, or kill you because they don't like your looks, you have a nicer car or you just remind them of someone.

^^^^^Yup

Welldoya

Master

Scary stuff for sure. The people you describe, that have no conscience, I believe are called sociopaths. And they are out there.

Seanpcola

Yep, sociopaths. The big reason I CC. I don't plan on going anywhere near the hood, avoid things like stopping for gas late at night and I above all dont allow stupid people.around me. That doesn't stop a predator from showing up anywhere.

Back on the hate. Some of it is lack of understanding and education. I've taken people out to shoot that despised firearms, the idea of carrying and were terrified of them. Pretty much every one of them flipped 180 and are now strong 2a supporters.

My personal theory on the true haters though is a little different. Mark my word, I'll bet I'm right about this. It ain't guns. Politicians don't like to take no for an answer. Govt long ago forgot their place and their reason for being. They see themselves as omnipotent, morally superior,.smarter and better at making choices for you than you are. When they decree something you should willingly follow the orders. When they see the unity and staunch pushback of the gun culture it pisses them off. Its not about guns, its about control, not just the idea of disarming you and me, its more about defiance and the audacity (in their eyes) of people like us that push back. Its embarrasing when they don't get their way. Believe me, they know they can't win with their brand of reasoning, they also know that common sense dictates that their argument as worthless and futile. So, get the media stirred up (simple), make the common sheep feel fear, paint average Joe gun owner as a psycopath dying for the opportunity to go Rambo on a school full of kids, show us as the unreasonable ones, out of touch with the modern progressive world and above all hate us for what we "represent".

Do you really think Obama, Pelosi, Reid, Feinstein, etc. give one tiny shit over people blowing each other away? Nope. What they're worried about is resistance to their decrees. They hate us for that and its easier to spread hate than acceptance.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    I grew up in Chicago, my parent moved to the Burbs when I was 14, I got my FOID card when I was 18 (Firearm Owner Identification Card) even tho we still lived in Cook County. Gun laws within the city limits of Chicago are redonkulous, thanks to the Daley era of the 60's, he set the precedence for the crime and corruption to come. Jackson and Sharpton rode the wave and added the fear mongering and hatred we see today. I left and moved to Florida when I was in my early 20's. Thanks for reading. It's Miller Time now..

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom