Target Sports

Why do Forum Members post statements that they disobey firearms laws?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Ok so we all by now have established a wel formed opinion of you, myname I'm not gonna argue with you about how it is illegal to do anything. I worked hand in hand with the ATF and I am very well versed on federal laws, more than your adverage FFL, and as well as your adverage agent. I know every agent in the Pensacola office and all of them are only a phone call away. That being said you have stated your position on this topic and for that their is no way I would sell you a piece of bubble gum, let alone a gun. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who feels this way on this forum. When you posted your thoughts in the other thead the other day people that know me messages me and confirmed what I already knew. So I would say it would be better for you to hang it up, get yourself a new screen name on this forum and start over with a more silent approach. You my friend have stepped on your proverbial dick as far as anyone from here selling you anything, and I really doubt that your thoughts and opinions in other threads will hold any weight due to your ignorance... Just my 2cents....

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You my friend have stepped on your proverbial dick as far as anyone from here selling you anything, and I really doubt that your thoughts and opinions in other threads will hold any weight due to your ignorance... Just my 2cents....

That's f%#%# poetry right there! Lol.....

myname

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why does it always have to be about you? You can buy in other states without an FFL. I've done it. From another FFL. Just because you get away with somehting doesn't make it legal and just because you keep saying it's legal doesn't make it so either.

Like Scuba said. You need something to prove your residency if you want to stay within the law. It doesn't need to be a DL but that's usually the quickest way. Have you figured out how to check a DL without a supercomputer yet?

DONE!

Not sure what it takes for some of you to understand this. Where, please cut and paste, does it state on the ATF website, that a buyer has to "prove residency if you want to stay within the law" when dealing with a seller.

myname

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok so we all by now have established a wel formed opinion of you, myname I'm not gonna argue with you about how it is illegal to do anything. I worked hand in hand with the ATF and I am very well versed on federal laws, more than your adverage FFL, and as well as your adverage agent. I know every agent in the Pensacola office and all of them are only a phone call away. That being said you have stated your position on this topic and for that their is no way I would sell you a piece of bubble gum, let alone a gun. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who feels this way on this forum. When you posted your thoughts in the other thead the other day people that know me messages me and confirmed what I already knew. So I would say it would be better for you to hang it up, get yourself a new screen name on this forum and start over with a more silent approach. You my friend have stepped on your proverbial dick as far as anyone from here selling you anything, and I really doubt that your thoughts and opinions in other threads will hold any weight due to your ignorance... Just my 2cents....

I wasn't offering my opinion, I was offering fact from the ATF website. This is an interesting social experiment. Some, when presented with facts, respond with a statement based on the "opinion" of the person presenting the facts. When referring to me they include wording such as "you have stated your position on this topic" when I have simply cut and pasted from the ATF website to show that my "opinion" is shared by the ATF.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I haven't banned anyone yet, and I hope we don't have to.

b747fp

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes, removing the ability of the person that presents facts will make the facts go away.

Apparently people telling you information, including Nate who is a FFL, and I'm sure knows the ATF a lot better than most, isn't enough for you.

Please call the ATF, explain to them that you want to sell handguns across state lines without a FFL, and let me know how this goes.

I am locking this down.

MsChief

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ATF Website said:
    A person’s “State of residence” is defined by regulation in 27 CFR 478.11 as “the State in which an individual resides. An individual resides in a State if he or she is present in a State with the intention of making a home in that State.” Ownership of a home or land within a given State is not sufficient, by itself, to establish a State of residence. However, ownership of a home or land within a particular State is not required to establish presence and intent to make a home in that State. Furthermore, temporary travel, such as short-term stays, vacations, or other transient acts in a State are not sufficient to establish a State of residence because the individual demonstrates no intention of making a home in that State.
    To ensure compliance with this residency requirement, section 922(t) of the GCA requires licensees to examine a valid “identification document” (as defined in 18 U.S.C. 1028(d) and 27 CFR 478.11) of a firearm transferee. This document must contain the residence address of the transferee so that the licensee may verify the identity of the transferee and discern whether the transferee has the intention of making a home in a particular State. Licensees transferring a firearm to a person not licensed under the GCA are required, pursuant to 27 CFR 478.124, to record the firearm transaction on an ATF Form 4473, which requires, among other things, the transferee’s residence address, including the transferee’s State of residence as it appears on the valid identification document.
    The term “identification document” is defined by 18 U.S.C. 1028(d)(3) as “a document made or issued by or under the authority of the United States Government, a State, political subdivision of a State . . . which, when completed with information concerning a particular individual, is of a type intended or commonly accepted for the purpose of identification of individuals.” The regulations, 27 CFR 478.11, define the term “identification document” as “[a] document containing the name, residence address, date of birth, and photograph of the holder and which was made or issued by or under the authority of the United States Government, a State, political subdivision of a State . . . which, when completed with information concerning a particular individual, is of a type intended or commonly accepted for the purpose of identification of individuals.” Identification documents include, but are not limited to, a driver’s license, voter registration, tax records, or vehicle registration. As explained in ATF Ruling 2001-5 (ATFQB 2001-4, 37), a combination of valid government documents may be used to satisfy the GCA’s State residency requirement.

LINK to ATF

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom