• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dogamus rex

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why do people keep asking that dumb question? Especially Pierce Morgan(gun hater) I think the answer (for me) , is simple. Why do people want a new tv, A blender , a car, a stereo, a couch? People want the newest , most modern, updated ,fastest,cleanest, of anything . its called progress or evolution of any product. Be it a gun or a blender. I am a avid gun shooter and owner. I dont want to shoot a inaccurate old ass gun that you cant get parts for or is hard to clean or you cant put a laser or optic on to make it more accurate and easier to maintain . thats why I own an AR-15, cause it is pretty much the most modern weapon I can afford. Am I way off the mark?

HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What the hell does need have to do with it?

I thought it was an inalienable right bestowed upon me by our Creator. A couple of pretty smart old dudes just happened to jot it down a while back.

T

tinman

When you have a decent answer, drop me a line and I'll try it on the wife. Again. Sigh. "Because I want" isn't cutting it right now.

Cootcommander

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    tinman said:
    When you have a decent answer, drop me a line and I'll try it on the wife. Again. Sigh. "Because I want" isn't cutting it right now.

It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission... Lol

T

tinman

Already on the sofa tonight for blurting out earlier "I never realised we had to agree on everything when we're married". And yes, we were talking about my potential acquisition of an AR15.....

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Funny it took me 40 years to touch another one after Vietnam, now they come after it! I guess I could live without another for whatever I have left, I just don't want to.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I put this together and sent it to ever email address I had. You are all welcome to it. It answers the question.

I pray you never encounter this but too many people have. I ask a simple question. If you were in a theater or a school and someone was walking around murdering people, would you want a gun in your hand to protect yourself and your family? I do not want your answer. I want to give you mine: YES. These type mass murders are horrific and any and all persons who committed or enabled them in any way should be prosecuted where laws have been violated. That covers the "guilty". So why does our Government want to make millions of law abiding citizens into potential criminals with the stroke of a pen on this gun ban and do this while circumventing the U.S Constitution and Laws of this Country?

It is an emotional nerve they try to strike with "If it just saves one life". Cars. planes, trains take hundreds of lives a day! How about we have a no transit day and save a few hundred lives and call it good? No, that does not fit the gun control agenda. They only want to stop "gun violence" and the rest can die in great numbers. Not a fair or balanced. There were several mass murders prior to the election and Obama and the gun grabbers never whispered a word about it other then it was a sad event. The majority of these mass murderers have some form mental illness. Do any of you remember that it was OUR government that stopped funding mental health issues, causing hundreds of mental health facilities to close and put the problem on the streets. Many mentally ill people end up in prison as a result of harming someone. Others are working on it. Brittian disarmed it "subjects" Its violent crime is more then 3X that of the US. Now the Britts are calling for a ban on kitchen knives. (look it up). On the same day as The Sandy murders, a man in China went into a school and stabbed 23 children (age 6-11) and a woman. China says they will have guards at all schools by "2013". The US Government does not endorse this a a good idea. Would you like to have a armed security professional at the schools of your children? Did you know that Obama did an Executive Order and gave him and his family "lifetime" security protection? It had been limited to 10 years after leaving office. I know Obama does not hunt, and his security concerns are covered 24/7 so he is the only person I know that does not appear to need a firearm.

THEY say "We do not need "assault weapons and 30 round magazines" to hunt dear." Correct, we don't. We need them for riots like Harlem in 64, Watts in 65, Wash DC in 91 & 92, East LA in 92 and 38 others US riots that have happened since 2000. We need them to keep looters, rapists and murderers at bay after storms like Katrina. We need them when the system fails like the NY blackout in 77. Today people riot because their pro team lost or because it won, because they were at a concert with no ticket, because they "heard rumors" of a social injustice or there was an incident of abuse of authority or brutality. We need them because they Flash mob and loot stores, we need them because they attack strangers just to make a video, We need them because of carjacking with our kids inside and for home invasion by groups of criminals. Five or ten rounds will not do the job at hand. We need them because the police at all levels have no obligation to protect any citizen and if they had intent they could not protect all of us. What social decay will occur when gas and food is no longer affordable and the economy does its' forecast death dive?

The main reason we need assault weapons is simply stated by: Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” (Jefferson Quoting Cesare Beccaria)

The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?

The policy of the American government is to leave their citizens free, neither restraining nor aiding them in their pursuits.

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another, and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.

To take from one because it is thought that his own industry and that of his father’s has acquired too much, in order to spare to others, who, or whose fathers, have not exercised equal industry and skill, is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association—the guarantee to every one of a free exercise of his industry and the fruits acquired by it.

I think myself that we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious.

The god who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time: the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them.

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive.

The majority, oppressing an individual, is guilty of a crime, abuses its strength, and by acting on the law of the strongest breaks up the foundations of society.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty.... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.

Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add “within the limits of the law,” because law is often but the tyrant’s will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

I have sworn on the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.

To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.

Most bad government has grown out of too much government.

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.

Sometimes it is said that man cannot be trusted with the government of himself. Can he, then, be trusted with the government of others?

A free people [claim] their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate.

An elective despotism was not the government we fought for.

(Everything not from Jefferson is from me, No chain letter here. Just Heart. Do with this as you see fit.)

DragonSlayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I liked it wildrider666. Very well said. I have my weapons because I can pass the background check and I'm legal to carry...concealed or have in my home. To protect myself and family, or anyone on the street, weather I know them or not. I like guns, no, I don't hunt, I enjoy shooting with friends and building/cleaning...etc. Bottom line....its our right to have them.

bkitzel250

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well written, I think its nobody's buisness why I have my guns, as its not my buisness to ask what personal assets someone else has.

Dwatts1984

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    People dont need ford Excursions when they're single, or have one child... But they own it why? Because its their right! Best question I've seen yet is from some ignorant chick "do you really need a machine gun"? Shows what she knows about firearms... Because it looks like a military style rifle, its now referred to as a machine gun! :pray:

Top Bottom