• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SlimSights

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I get all my range stuff from freedom munitions online. You can get on their email list and they have frequent sales with 5$ shipping with any purchase of 200$ or more. They have factory re-manufactured rounds for the low low, and I’ve never had a problem with em.

DeepSouthArmory

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    bad time to re-stock, i look here first, then sga ammo, stillwater,ok ships free on over $200 orders.. prices are crazy high now
    I frequently order from SGAmmo, they are usually very competitive and have a wide variety. Not a great time to block buy but with the election coming up prices will probably stay high till Nov.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I frequently order from SGAmmo, they are usually very competitive and have a wide variety. Not a great time to block buy but with the election coming up prices will probably stay high till Nov.
    I just got an email for SGAmmo that claims a minor lowering of prices. There seems to be a little slow down at the moment in ammo buying, but as you say they sales will likely drastically pick up as we get closer to election.
    Really depends if there is any rioting this summer or other political drama.
    I may buy just a little more ammo, but likely not from SGAmmo. I need some expanding bullet 7.62x39, but not 1,000's, only a few hundreds of rounds and the same for .300 blackout or maybe a few rounds of pistol ammo.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    With the worldwide shortage of nitrocellulose now, it’s going to get tight again. Stock up while you can, fellas.
    I keep reading of this shortages. The latest is that the largest source of raw nitrocellulose is not said to be in China. And China is said not to be shipping it out so much to the west. But I really do not know what is what except that powder prices keep climbing.
    It is cheaper if you reload to do pistol cartridges like 9mm, & .45 ACP and rifle cartridges like 300 blackout & 30 us carbine. I have a lot of .22 rimfire for target practice.
    I really do not want to keep a whole lot of powder on hand or ammo in my home due to safety considerations.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I get all my range stuff from freedom munitions online. You can get on their email list and they have frequent sales with 5$ shipping with any purchase of 200$ or more. They have factory re-manufactured rounds for the low low, and I’ve never had a problem with em.
    You havent seen the threads with multiple issues on their reloads? One here not to long ago. Gun exploded with injuries.

SlimSights

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You havent seen the threads with multiple issues on their reloads? One here not to long ago. Gun exploded with injuries.
    I have fired 1000s of rounds of their ammo with no problems. 9mm, 223/556, & 308 I can only speak from my own personal experience. I Hate that that happened & folks were hurt, but freak accidents happen with all sorts of factory ammo, that’s what warning labels are for. They all say DANGER on the box. My Glock loves freedom 115gr, but then again she loves everything. Just saying.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have fired 1000s of rounds of their ammo with no problems. 9mm, 223/556, & 308 I can only speak from my own personal experience. I Hate that that happened & folks were hurt, but freak accidents happen with all sorts of factory ammo, that’s what warning labels are for. They all say DANGER on the box. My Glock loves freedom 115gr, but then again she loves everything. Just saying.
    If it happened once, one can choose to ignore. IF there are multiple instances that is something else. I do have a carton of their ammo and there have been no problems with it.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Having powder stored in your home can’t be anymore dangerous than that full tank of gas in your vehicle, can it?
    The vehicle is not parked in my house and I do not have a garage. i do not keep gasoline in my house. I am not even sure why I am answering. There are good questions and some that are not.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Their track record of blowing up rifles is well established... that's enough for me to never put that ammo in my rifle... but you do you.

I've not read any issues concerning pistol ammo from FM but rifle... it's a known problem.

Top Bottom