• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Just some inexpensive scope. Works well though. Would love to put an ACOG on it someday. I had a trigger job done on it...made all the difference. Really nice shooting now. When I first went into the Marines, I was offered an HK 91 for $460, but I took an AR carbine for $400 instead. $60 was a lot of money to me at that time. Several months later, the ban came out. Been kicking myself ever since. But I am very happy with the PTR.

I honestly can't imagine the hk being much better. I'm happy with the trigger, but who did yours, and what's the weight now? I'm really wanting to explore the effectiveness of the diopter setup.

Kanaloa

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dan - I have the GI model PTR. The only thing that I dislike is the plastic non-ergo pistol grip, but I can't justify purchasing a surplus steel one (yet). I got the "standard" trigger job at williams trigger specialties http://www.williamstriggers.com (if you are still in the military he offers a discount). I don't have a device to weigh the trigger pull, but it is suppose to be between 5-6. My trigger was both heavy and gritty before the work. He did a good job. My groups definitely improved and it was worth the cost to me. You are most welcome to try mine. If you have a PTR, you can swap out the lower end with mine and test it on your rifle. Or you can just try out my rifle.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just a basic well made AK47 and a semiauto .22 pistol with a bunch of loaded mags

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mine is a HK91 with every option(associated equipment)except the sight adjustment tool. Got this gun in 1983 and has fired about 700rds. Recovered about 12 pieces of fluted brass. Got 14 of the origional HK mags that I bought at Quality Parts before they were Bushmaster. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

alicks

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I finally got my hands on my go-to battle rifle. I've got a Greek Springfield SAR-3. It's been in my family for quite a while, and it's had some minor work done - most notably an 11.5" barrel with a permanent 4.5" flash hider attached. The barrel length is a little short for my liking, but I like everything else about it. I've got plenty of spare parts, something like 100 magazines (I haven't counted), and ammo is easy to come by. Combined with a Hensoldt FERO Z-24, it's a pretty solid piece of work.

gdQsv5n.jpg

Attachments

• gdQsv5n.jpg
      gdQsv5n.jpg
      72.9 KB · Views: 172

alicks

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks, guys. I think I'm becoming a big HK mark, 'cause I'm looking at another HK pistol next.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I would have to say scar-H. Very smooth operating weapon. Only mod I would make to it, would be replacing the lower receiver with the metal one that accepts AR-10 Mags. Just to make it more accommodating. Also would mount a night force 1-6x scope or a 5x ACOG.

Top Bottom