• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outside9

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Taken in Destin today, the guy was walking down the sidewalk holding a lady's hand.

Attachments

• photogun.jpg
      photogun.jpg
      95.7 KB · Views: 265

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I really did not know that open carry was legal in Florida. Did I miss the vote ??

Looks like he has on "tacticle pants",that probably makes it ok. Actually....... that is the color pants that some corrections officers were around here. Same "looking" pistol also. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Remember y'all, we are 1 of 6 states that don't allow this. Doesn't make sense to me and the historical grandfathered rationale for WHY is down right horrifying, but I'm a dumb Yankee from one of the 44 states that allow this, common practice where I'm from....but look out, this guy looks dangerous!!

outside9

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Remember y'all, we are 1 of 6 states that don't allow this. Doesn't make sense to me and the historical grandfathered rationale for WHY is down right horrifying, but I'm a dumb Yankee from one of the 44 states that allow this, common practice where I'm from....but look out, this guy looks dangerous!!

I travel all over this country in my job and can't recall ever seeing this. What state is this common in?

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I travel all over this country in my job and can't recall ever seeing this. What state is this common in?

Traveling through, compared to living in the communities of 44 other states would provide different perspectives, no? You go to businesses, airports, restaurants, motels, etc..? Try the Lowes in West Chester PA, or the Waffle House in Lancaster,Wellsboro. every Walmart in PA for six months after the Amish school house shooting, the mall @. king of Prussia, any Wawa Ive ever been to, IDK buddy, just about every place I can think of. Do you think the other 44 don't exercise their rights?

outside9

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Traveling through, compared to living in the communities of 44 other states would provide different perspectives, no? You go to businesses, airports, restaurants, motels, etc..? Try the Lowes in West Chester PA, or the Waffle House in Lancaster,Wellsboro. every Walmart in PA for six months after the Amish school house shooting, the mall @. king of Prussia, any Wawa Ive ever been to, IDK buddy, just about every place I can think of. Do you think the other 44 don't exercise their rights?

I wasn't trying to argue with you, just a question. I do have to admit, never been to PA.

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wasn't trying to argue with you, just a question. I do have to admit, never been to PA.

I find that OC acceptance is more common in areas were guns are an integral part of life. I've OCed in Alaska before and guns are such a common part of life that no one cares or even looks. Coming from FL were we can't OC, it was a little surreal. OC in the FL panhandle would be easy to adjust to, but for cities like Orlando everyone would freak. I personally wouldn't OC in most places in FL, but I won't stop someone else from doing it and frankly I'm only pro OC from a rights standpoint.

ARAMP1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just moved from Oklahoma not too long ago and they just voted for open carry. I don't think is ever do it though. I like keeping a low profile.

OMRBH

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    mmmmmm......don't know. I would definitely change the holster i now use!

outside9

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If it had been a hottie in the summer wearing a bikini and a weapon strapped on! That would have been A-okay.

Ben Ghazi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I also have been to many states who have the laws but see no one walking around strapped

I wonder if I can build a holster for my Krink 74 pistol ? it should be all the rage. perhaps the 300BO pistol suppressed

gunnerxxx

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I believe in CC for one reason. If ever in need to protect myself I want the low life to be suprised to be staring down the barrel of my gun. "I bet ya didnt see that comming" BANG! Seriously I hope none of us ever have to exercise our right to defend our lives, but if the need arises be prepared.

Hunkyfish

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Side of the Highway under the bridge near Freeport
    i believe in cc for one reason. If ever in need to protect myself i want the low life to be suprised to be staring down the barrel of my gun. "i bet ya didnt see that comming" bang! Seriously i hope none of us ever have to exercise our right to defend our lives, but if the need arises be prepared.

amen !!!!!

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The 2012 Florida Statutes

Title XLVI
    CRIMES
    Chapter 790
    WEAPONS AND FIREARMS
    View Entire Chapter
    790.053 Open carrying of weapons.—
    (1) Except as otherwise provided by law and in subsection (2), it is unlawful for any person to openly carry on or about his or her person any firearm or electric weapon or device. It is not a violation of this section for a person licensed to carry a concealed firearm as provided in s. 790.06(1), and who is lawfully carrying a firearm in a concealed manner, to briefly and openly display the firearm to the ordinary sight of another person, unless the firearm is intentionally displayed in an angry or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense.
    (2) A person may openly carry, for purposes of lawful self-defense:
    (a) A self-defense chemical spray.
    (b) A nonlethal stun gun or dart-firing stun gun or other nonlethal electric weapon or device that is designed solely for defensive purposes.
    (3) Any person violating this section commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
    History.—s. 1, ch. 87-537; s. 173, ch. 91-224; s. 3, ch. 97-72; s. 1205, ch. 97-102; s. 3, ch. 2006-298; s. 1, ch. 2011-145.

Link: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...ng=&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.053.html

Top Bottom