APOD Firearms

What's the weirdest thing you ever shot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Man... the aftermath of a round of that kind of skeet sure would stink.

I was on the Activity Stream and saw this post at the top.... "Man...." Kind of froze for a second, thinking: I bet this isn't what BigDaddy had in mind... Then I read the rest of your post and figured I had missed something.

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OK, me an a bud used to shoot flying fish from the front of my Dads snapper boat in the gulf back in the 60s, them things would take off as if they were skeets!!!!Denny in pace!!

BigDaddy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I shot one of my neighbors cats when I was a a kid, It was shaking a tree like a squirrel. They looked all over for that cat. When it hit the ground I thought that's a huge squirrel.

HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The neighbor's porch light with a 22. They mounted it so it would shine right into our window on purpose. I think I was 10 or 11..

jmunoz

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok this Is something I can talk about. Whenever I was real young (23 now) I had an old pump action bb gun that I always played with. Well one day I was really bored and happened to have my bb gun so I was walking through the house and I seen one of my moms candles sitting there lit. Well Idk what I was thinking but I wanted to try and blow out the candle with my bb gun so I pumped it up some and cocked it (i had enough sence to not have a bb in the chamber) but I didn't work so I gave it another try pumped it a few more Times this time and stuck the tip of the barrel right over the flame. Bamm the flame went out but candle wax was everywhere on the roof on the walls and on the carpet. Lol well I wasn't shure of how to clean it up so I had to go get my mom. Lord that was horrible day once she seen that.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Statute of limitations is what? In a big unnamed clay pit where it was common to shoot in the 80's - 90's we were blasting away and my buddys said " Look way on the far bank , see that lil white spot, bet you can,t hit it!" can't remember exact distance, well over 200 yds, I take a shot, "pew" hit it, but I see a stream of water spewing out of the side of the bank, WTF? all of a sudden it gets bigger and bigger, then gushes forth full force WOW! I then figured it was a water main hidden in the side of the bank, and decided it was time to leave and call the proper utilities, cause the pit was filling up . What a lucky / unlucky shot all wrapped in one. My friends still laugh thier asses off to this day.

Aaronious45

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Side of a John boat with a bow...shot under the target, bounced perfectly off the ground and into the side of dads John boat...patched it with jb weld and he doesn't know to this day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Az-Vic

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    native Arizonan, moved ot panhandle 2 years ago, l
    The statute of limitations has run out, so I can tell this story. I was scouting for archery javelina up in some rocky, hilly, cut up nasty country. Spotted a group of maybe a dozen feeding on prickly pear cactus and roots, right onn the bench of a small cut wash. I closed the distance and dropped down in the cut, which was maybe 8 feet deep and steep sided. I crawled up the side,and when my head got to javelina level, they were no more than 15 feet away. I could hear them rooting,sniffing,rolling rocks etc.
    I just layed there watching and got caught up in observing their behavior,all was very cool. Javelina, like your hogs here, have eyes, but can't use them, damned near blind, but also like your hogs, have a nose like a hound. One big sow was working her way to my right, and being so close got a nose full of me and began to make a ruckus and popping her teeth as they will when nervous to warn the others.
    She was working her way to me, so I grabbed a fist sized rock, raised up and pitched it right to her forehead....not a good idea. I snatched my pistol just in case, so I was ready for a reaction. Usually they act rough and aggessive but in fact are not, but then again, they can't see shit so sometimes they bluff charge. Javelina have some serious teeth, literally razor sharp and long, so I admit I reacted a bit in fear as well as surprise for Ive never been charged by the little devils. It was all so close and fast, I just point shot, one round and they huffed and chopped and scattered. I hit that old sow, passed thru her and also killed one of her young ones....two with one shot.

Champ62

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Back in the late 60's, I was stationed at Saufley Field, we would send a det daily to Barin Field, outside of Foley. Barin was an old WW2 pilot training base that had barracks, mess hall, clubs, 3 large hangers, etc, all empty and abandoned, There was one small hanger, newer at the time, just big enough for a couple of T-28c's and some maintenance spaces. I was a young AE3 at the time. Every few days we would have duty and have to spend the night, usually about 4 of us. One of my buddies had a 64 Chevy convertible and I had a 63. One night we decided to ride around the old part of the base and shoot some rabbits. We took my buddies car, top down cruising through the grown up old roads, we had several .22 rifles and pistols. Didn't shoot any rabbits, but shot out a ton of windows and anything else that needed to be shot. Then we went over to the one WW2 hangar that was still standing and shot all kinds of stuff there too.

Had a ton of fun, would probably go to the brig nowadays..........back then, no problems, just having fun.

They also had a dump on Barin, we would make a trash run early evening and had a flare gun in the pickup. If we saw a rat, we would shot at it with the flare gun, only ever saw one get hit and it was weird watching it run with the flare stuck to it. Animal Cruelty today.

Got me thinking about a bar that used to be on Hwy 98 in Foley, the Spinning Wheel, got a gun story about it too..............

COASTIE

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    channel marker light on a dolphin-[post]
    Training on the stern of the Coast Guard 82 foot cutter. A location to remain unnamed.
    Modified '03 Springfield adapted as a line throwing gun.
    Thin nylon cord in a spool under the fore end, smoothbore, and bolts/darts/projectiles of various weights with a cage ring to attach the cord to and position in the muzzle.
    Load a grenade round.
    The First Class Boats is getting tired of me bragging of my High School ROTC rifle team skills, and is loosing his cool with my obtuse questions.
    Telling me to aim "for the lamp". I ask "you mean over the lamp?"
    Too far.
    He blows his top and says "No, damnit, aim for the lamp!"
    OK. I've never shot one of these before, can't be too different than a heavy goose load for my Dad's LC Smith Long Range double barrel.
    Very carefully I aim, brace, and fire.....
    The projectile sailed up and away....directly into the lamp.
    Until that day, I had never before seen a man's eyes literally "bug out"

Top Bottom