• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stewart76

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I'm very serious about buying a sig 938 but more and more lately I'm not reading the best reviews on them..... The same with the kimber solo, what would y'all prefer in a high quality little carry gun?

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I carry M&P shield 9 and love it..but I've never heard anything bad about the p938..I love the way they feel and have been thinking about picking one up for awhile now..what bad reviews have u read if u don't mind me askin..I think several members here carry the 938..others also like the keltec 9's here I believe

cpn.jp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I picked up a Keltec P11 awhile back in a trade. I wouldn't have thought so, but I carry it now more than anything else, tucked in the waistband, no clip or holster. Rides there all day,in and out of the truck,sometimes I forget it's there. Shoots good too...

Hossfly72

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I also carry a P-11, but I just got a P-chip IWB holster from Deadeyeluke.com. Love the P-11. Last round hold open, fires without the mag in, no safety, trigger is a bit tough but gets better with use, fits in a pocket of large cargo pants also. Carries 10+1.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    "......little carry gun." --> ???? I do not know what little means to you.... however I would highly recommend the "baby" Glocks. The Glock 26 is my first thought. If you want a "pocket rocket" take a look at the Glock 33. I carry one every day and if you lay it on top of the 6 shot snubbies they are not much difference in overall size and thickness. The big difference is in the potential firepower available. --- SAWMAN

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My 938 hasn't had a failure, but I polished the feed ramp before I ever ran a round through it. That being said, I haven't carried it since I got my XDS... Great shooting little gun.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I've got 3 that I carry at various times and I like them all - LCP, S&W 642 and Kahr CW9.

155SprtFsh

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    380 micro desert eagle

Which one would you carry...hands down micro desert eagle...not a plastic piece of shit!!!!also, it will fit in your speedos and step in front of me and you will be dead!!!!!!!!

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My carry guns are the Keltec P32, Glock 26 Gen 4, and the Ruger LC9, Sometimes the Glock 19.

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have never heard much good about the kimber Solo.

I like plastic guns myself & I do not care for safeties. :tongue: It seems like you are leaning more towards all metal 1911 style weapons.

Seems like you may already know all this with as much ammo as you sell & I would not take you as a newbie. If you want a true conceal carry gun the thinner it is the easier it is to conceal. IMO Ideally 1" thick is best. I have a glock 26 & Love it. The problem for me is someone who is looking or very observant may notice it. On the other hand I have kahr cm9 that conceals much easier but has things about it that I do not care for.

Some good plastic guns below as I am not a 1911 guy.

Glock 26, 27, & 36

S&W Shield, 9mm or 40

XDS 9mm or 45

KAHR has some small, light weight pistols but they also have some known issues that are pretty easy to resolve. Look at the kahr forum for info. I hate that you can not manual rack the first round with all types of ammo. That is just a stupid design flaw IMO.

Last edited:

155SprtFsh

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For those who pay attention to such things, the Micro Eagle is immediately recognizable as being very similar to the ZVI Kevin from the Czech Republic. Magnum Research has licensed the rights to produce the pistol from ZVI, making minor design and cosmetic changes. The Czechs are famous for innovative and reliable gun design. The Micro Desert Eagle is made in the US by Magnum Research, and has a novel gas-delayed blowback system that, like the ZVI Kevin, has two small ports just ahead of the chamber which direct powder gasses both upward and forward to delay the slide under recoil. This allows the Micro Eagle to use a lighter weight slide and softer springs than if it was a standard blowback design. The pistol weighs in at 13.5 ounces with an empty magazine, and has a shorter barrel and slide than any other pocket .380 of which I am aware. The pistol is also pretty thin, and very flat on the sides, without protrusions of any kind. No manual safety is needed, as it has a double-action-only trigger. There are other unique features as well, such as the twin recoil springs. Instead of one spring and guide rod under the barrel or a spring surrounding the barrel as in other designs, the Micro Eagle has twin guide rods with recoil springs on each side, at the bottom of the slide. The action bar for the double-action-only firing system is on the right side of the frame, partially covered by the right grip panel. The sights are large and easy to see in good light, but a little fluorescent paint on the front would help, and hopefully, Crimson Trace will design a Lasergrip for this dandy little pistol. As stated above, this Micro Eagle is a small pistol, smaller than even the Kel-Tec and Ruger .380 autos. The critical dimensions are listed in the chart below. All measurements are listed in inches. The overall height includes the sights and magazine base pad.

Overall Length 4.552
    Barrel Length 2.3
    Slide Thickness 0.872
    Frame Thickness 0.629
    Grip Thickness 0.886
    Overall Height 3.72
    Weight 13.5 Ounces
    Trigger Pull 8.3 Pounds

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    conceled carry

Many may laugh but, the bersa in 380 and 9mm. are sleepers in small firepower and will hold their own with many of the higher price pistols!!!Denny

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I thought I posted here yest. but maybe it didn't take. I have a bersa cc an it will perform right up there with the more spendy pistols, don't count it out,380cal and 9mm. Just saying, Denny

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you're into .45, then my vote is the XDs. It's small, conceals great. But it's a great shooter too. Unlike many of the "small guns" it has great sights, and a great trigger.

If you're into 9mm, then pick one. There's about 100 of them out there.

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like my P238. It's small, very concealable and very accurate. Not to mention the all metal frame and quality of a Sig.

Hossfly72

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You guys really aught to check out the CZ-2075 in either 9mm or .40. Single/double action, smaller than the G26, AND it's a good looking gun! Comes in alloy or polymer.. I'd rather have the alloy.

Top Bottom