• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronBeard

Master
    Yep. Then only the elite and their agents will have firearms/weapons. Harmony, safety, and unity for all are just around the corner...

ComenGetem

Shooter
    Answer: When men act.

Next.
    You say this but all I ever see is this right here, people talking. It's been a long time since someone organized a Tea party. Let's be honest, to many people enjoy today's climate to actually act on anything significant. Most people that would be willing to Act, are simply hoping for a collapse instead of actually trying to stand up for their rights. Stock piling and hoarding are great and all butttt, it don't change nothing.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    You say this but all I ever see is this right here, people talking. It's been a long time since someone organized a Tea party. Let's be honest, to many people enjoy today's climate to actually act on anything significant. Most people that would be willing to Act, are simply hoping for a collapse instead of actually trying to stand up for their rights. Stock piling and hoarding are great and all butttt, it don't change nothing.
    <-This.
    I'm sure like everyone were just working and paying bills, squirreling $$ away and stuff hopefully to retire and kick back and live free of the bosses, 9-5 grind, living for the weekend. ( more like using those days to stomp out whatever home fire is going on)
    For major change to come the wheel would have to completely fall off, by then we're on our own anyway. The HARD reset.
    I have more thoughts but have to get back to work to support the crooked assed government.

IronBeard

Master

Nah, doesn't hurt enough. Probably never will. As long as it's done incrementally, over generations, it might hurt a little, but never enough. Each new generation just sees it as the way it is, and the way it was just doesn't matter. They might humor us enough to listen to the stories, but until the feel/live it; they know better. Didn't we?

The most "fight" left in the average American involves filling in bubbles on a ballot, and accepting whatever comes. When you consider, at the high-water mark, only about 40% of registered voters actually vote, well, there ain't as much "fight" as one might think.

Not hard to imagine future generations just giving in and not caring one way or the other. As long as their basic needs are met, and they are constrained and surrounded by "safety," just throw in a little entertainment/fun, and it's all good. Not blaming younger generations. This is what they were born into. Ya can't force anyone to care. Ya can force 'em to listen, to an extent, but you can't make 'em accept/hear what your sayin', either.

Last edited:

5.56Operator

Hero of the Imperium
    Yeah, but they move here with that same must be taxed/comply mentality and then set about demanding their new neighbors be more like them. It's not like they even try to blend...
    That’s something I’ll never goddamn understand. I’m a New York transplant myself. Been living in the Florida panhandle since 2016 and I’ll never vote bullshit liberal anti freedom policies into effect.

Fuck my former brethren. Thy are a blight and a cancer.

sloporsche

Marksman
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    Those people move here to enjoy the cheaper living and the freedoms, but want control so they vote in the libtard policies.

That's how you know it's a mental issue.
    Yankee carpetbagger here and soon to be down there [fla] in 20 days ,moving for the weather and we have never voted left and never will like my state of nj .

ComenGetem

Shooter
    Nah, doesn't hurt enough. Probably never will. As long as it's done incrementally, over generations, it might hurt a little, but never enough. Each new generation just sees it as the way it is, and the way it was just doesn't matter. They might humor us enough to listen to the stories, but until the feel/live it; they know better. Didn't we?

The most "fight" left in the average American involves filling in bubbles on a ballot, and accepting whatever comes. When you consider, at the high-water mark, only about 40% of registered voters actually vote, well, there ain't as "fight" as one might think.

Not hard to imagine future generations just giving in and not caring one way or the other. As long as their basic needs are met, and they are constrained and surrounded by "safety," just throw in a little entertainment/fun, and it's all good. Not blaming younger generations. This is what they were born into. Ya can't force anyone to care. Ya can force 'em to listen, to an extent, but you can't make 'em accept/hear what your sayin', either.
    Honestly, does voting even work anymore? Explain to me how the current potus even got his seat? We all know, but that's what I mean. We've been fed this doctrine of democracy our entire lives that once worked for previous generation's only to be made obsolete by the ruling elites of today's time. Reminds me of George Orwell's 1984, we had the playbook and still managed to allow it to come to fruition. The limitation of rights and dumbing down of our society, has basically forced us to a point where the ones who truly are upset simply accept it, with a sense of, the only way for change is for a wheel to fall off. Like previously mentioned. People screaming "I never voted that way or never will" don't realize their votes don't matter due to the facts that what they were against still happened. The worst part is that we can still go home turn on the AC, drink a beverage, and watch the game all the while calling it freedom. The middle class will be gone in a few years, and back to the origin of this conversation, we won't be able to afford the ammo or guns we hold so dear. We can't force it but there sure are more people that are tired of it then we realize. The problem to me, honestly, is the division we allow them to create. Causing barriers so we can't even sit down and have the conversations, that are taking place here, between the opposing sides of the same fence. Not to mention bringing in life's day to day worries of just getting by, like @Rebel_Rider1969 mentioned. I regress, sorry for going on the spiel, somethings just really get my blood boiling.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Yeah, but they move here with that same must be taxed/comply mentality and then set about demanding their new neighbors be more like them. It's not like they even try to blend...
    I'm a firm believer that people moving into a state need to not be able to vote in state and local elections for 10+ years unless they brought a business with over 15M in yearly revenue generated in the new state.

Everyone else can STFU and be thankful until the 10 years are up.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter

The most "fight" left in the average American involves filling in bubbles on a ballot, and accepting whatever comes. When you consider, at the high-water mark, only about 40% of registered voters actually vote, well, there ain't as much "fight" as one might think.

200.gif
    this right here...

IronBeard

Master
    Honestly, does voting even work anymore? Explain to me how the current potus even got his seat? We all know, but that's what I mean. We've been fed this doctrine of democracy our entire lives that once worked for previous generation's only to be made obsolete by the ruling elites of today's time. Reminds me of George Orwell's 1984, we had the playbook and still managed to allow it to come to fruition. The limitation of rights and dumbing down of our society, has basically forced us to a point where the ones who truly are upset simply accept it, with a sense of, the only way for change is for a wheel to fall off. Like previously mentioned. People screaming "I never voted that way or never will" don't realize their votes don't matter due to the facts that what they were against still happened. The worst part is that we can still go home turn on the AC, drink a beverage, and watch the game all the while calling it freedom. The middle class will be gone in a few years, and back to the origin of this conversation, we won't be able to afford the ammo or guns we hold so dear. We can't force it but there sure are more people that are tired of it then we realize. The problem to me, honestly, is the division we allow them to create. Causing barriers so we can't even sit down and have the conversations, that are taking place here, between the opposing sides of the same fence. Not to mention bringing in life's day to day worries of just getting by, like @Rebel_Rider1969 mentioned. I regress, sorry for going on the spiel, somethings just really get my blood boiling.
    I don't have a whole lotta faith in the almighty vote.

One, in order to become a viable "candidate," you have to buy your way into the contest, or have someone(s) buy you in, and sustain your campaign. I won't be a candidate any time soon...

Second, once it has been decided who we get to "vote" for, something like 35 states still do not require their delegates to vote according to the popular vote. Likes/dislikes aside, it appears the delegates in those states can legally vote any way they want, and nothing can/will be done about it. So what's the point of the individual vote? Feels?

When I see voter ID, that is not given until you are tested/qualified (like a driver's license), the ability to see the audit trail of my vote from start to finish, and maybe the ability to retract my vote based on poor performance, I might view things differently. We haven't even got to securing the whole thing yet....

IronBeard

Master
    I'm a firm believer that people moving into a state need to not be able to vote in state and local elections for 10+ years unless they brought a business with over 15M in yearly revenue generated in the new state.

Everyone else can STFU and be thankful until the 10 years are up.
    I'll add, if you can't pass a test made up using questions from the citizenship test, you don't know enough about the country/government, and shouldn't be allowed to vote until you do.

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    I don't have a whole lotta faith in the almighty vote.

One, in order to become a viable "candidate," you have to buy your way into the contest, or have someone(s) buy you in, and sustain your campaign. I won't be a candidate any time soon...

Second, once it has been decided who we get to "vote" for, something like 35 states still do not require their delegates to vote according to the popular vote. Likes/dislikes aside, it appears the delegates in those states can legally vote any way they want, and nothing can/will be done about it. So what's the point of the individual vote? Feels?

When I see voter ID, that is not given until you are tested/qualified (like a driver's license), the ability to see the audit trail of my vote from start to finish, and maybe the ability to retract my vote based on poor performance, I might view things differently. We haven't even got to securing the whole thing yet....
    <-this. Electoral collage trumps the vote.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    And the electoral college mechanism means heavily populated states can’t run roughshod over small, less populated states. It was a wise move on the part of the framers.
    very wise, and something most people never grasp..

a democracy is 2 wolves and a sheep voting what is for dinner...

IronBeard

Master
    And the electoral college mechanism means heavily populated states can’t run roughshod over small, less populated states. It was a wise move on the part of the framers.
    That's the upside of it. It's all good, until it's not.

Top Bottom