• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just curious to find out what everyone's first gun owned, passed down, etc is. Even though it's likely someone's already posted this topic.

Whether it's a hunting gun or one for concealed carry or any other purpose.

I have yet to purchase my first gun, hopefully soon but once I do I'll probably go for a .40 pistol to use for concealed carry. I've been advised for someone my size that's probably best.

Anyways onto the gun talk y'all.
    I would love to hear any advice or tips from y'all. I'm always up for expanding my gun knowledge.

Last edited:

Aaronious45

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Single shot 30-30 that was my dad's grandfathers, then my dads, then mine. Shot a doe with it when I was a kid

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ruger Redhawk 5.5" 44mag when I was 16.

ETA: Read first handgun. First gun was a Savage .410 single shot.

Last edited:

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Remington Speedmaster 552. Took more woodchucks with that thing as a kid than I can count. It was my grandfathers and I still have it. Cant even tell how many thousands of rounds are through it, and it still shoots as straight as the day I got it about 20 years ago. My first handgun was an xd40, sold it because Im not a fan of the 40 short and weak..

I suggest at least fondling a Shield 9 before you buy a .40 My wife loves hers and carries it daily, was her first gun as well. She handles the recoil with no problems. I carry one as well from time to time in a hybrid IWB, and you cant even tell its there.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That was a Stevens Mod 87a if I have the no right. I was 10 and sold it right before I went into the service.Wish I had another one.

HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got 2 for Christmas when I was 5.. A Remington 700 .243 and a Marlin 60W. Ive still got both of them the Marlin has over 15k rds through it and Ive redone it for my kids to learn on. 8 kids in the family have taken there first deer with the Rem 700.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    cz75. My father had a few guns that "would someday be mine," but the cz75 was the first gun I bought. Loved everything about it. To this day, still don't know why the hell I sold it.....

Champ62

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Colt Challenger, used to be my Dad's. First gun I ever shot, killed a lot of cans and bottles and a few squirrels. Still got it, my brother has the first rifle I ever shot. When my Dad died I got one, he got the other.

colt.jpg

Attachments

• colt.jpg
      colt.jpg
      140.8 KB · Views: 195

JGH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Savage double barrel 12 guage. I think I bought it from Kress which later became Kmart, I think. I was only 16. That was 50 years ago so I'm not sure about the name of the store. I do remember that I did not need anything but cash. No parents, no background check, just cash.

Urbanfuturistic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Savage double barrel 12 guage. I think I bought it from Kress which later became Kmart, I think. I was only 16. That was 50 years ago so I'm not sure about the name of the store. I do remember that I did not need anything but cash. No parents, no background check, just cash.

I know this might be for a different topic/time, but I have to comment. Isnt it funny that is how things used to be, and we didnt have the problems we have now, with stricter laws?

Top Bottom