What pistol are you looking at getting next?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reel_crazy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    my brother found a sig 1911 scorpion for me , a deal he could not pass up , got it on layaway now just need to save my pennies..
    rich

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been thinking about one of those for a while, let us know how she shoots!

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I'm a sucker for a 1911 myself have several, and will buy several more. Also like the small Kahr's. I have yet to see a 7.62 pistol that I would trust for more Han anything than a paper weight. Also have always wanted an FN 5.7 since they came out but I have yet to justify he cost of ammo enough to pull the trigger.....

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm a sucker for a 1911 myself have several, and will buy several more. Also like the small Kahr's. I have yet to see a 7.62 pistol that I would trust for more Han anything than a paper weight. Also have always wanted an FN 5.7 since they came out but I have yet to justify he cost of ammo enough to pull the trigger.....

The five seven is ok, very accurate and no recoil. I had a hard time getting over the cost of the gun just because it looks and feels so cheap. I love the capacity, and ammo really isn't too terribly expensive. I am on the lookout for a PS90 tri rail to compliment it now since I am already into the caliber.

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    It's funny, I shoot a lot of 10mm, and a lot of .300blk, that being said I really have no excuse other than just biting the bullet. But then like you I would have to have an SBR ps90 to go with it... Maybe soon...

DevilDog

Semper Fi
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I love Glocks and you can never go wrong with one, but I think my next major pistol purchase will be a Sig 226 or 229 in .40S&W.

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have six glocks my self. That being said, my brand new duty glock22 failed me when I needed it most after 6 shots. I ended up taking three bullets and all I had to return fire was a .38 airweight. The wheel gun went boom every time I needed it to and it got me out and to the ambulance. Not a big fan of glocks... Mine double fed btw...

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bad all the way around. Regrets. I take it you either didn't take I.A. to clear it or had no time to do so. Hope all were in the vest and it worked as advertised. I also hope you are in good health. A couple questions if you care to respond. "New duty Glock" did you go thru the full Glock transition course with the same G-22? Did the gun bunnies ever duplicate the double feed? Cause? Was it sent to Glock? What's your duty carry now. I make no excuses for Glock; it should go bang every time if maintained properly.

When issued the M-9 to replace our wore out 1911, I found a crack above the barrel lug visible only when looking down the bore. Corps found 39 more Fleet wide!

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I got hit 3x bullets went through my vest, one went through the trauma soft plate. Level 3a safari land vest. My glock is in evidence still however attorneys will figure out the failure. Yes we did the transition classes I as well went to glock school. I have an idea as to why the double feed, but it's not time to talk about it now. You can read the whole story just by googling my name. Jeremy Cassady...

jpwalnuthill

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mullet, I'm with you on the Sig being a better gun than the Glock. Just recently bought a Sig and didn't take long to determine that the Glock is going to spend a lot of time in safe.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    well holy shat...Jeremy freaking Cassady himself is on our little forum.

Jeremy, you are a hell of a fighter sir. More power to ya and much respect! Thank you for your service sir

Floorguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Have shot glocks for as long as i can remember my first 17 was over twenty years ago i had 50 to 100 rounds thru it every few days . I have a few sigs nothing shoots like my p220 just an awsome gun.i know longer have any 9 mm i am a fan of the .45

Top Bottom