• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fl Statute 790.10 Improper exhibition of dangerous weapons or firearms.—If any person having or carrying any dirk, sword, sword cane, firearm, electric weapon or device, or other weapon shall, in the presence of one or more persons, exhibit the same in a rude, careless, angry, or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense, the person so offending shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
    History.—s. 1, ch. 4532, 1897; GS 3272; RGS 5105; CGL 7207; s. 5, ch. 69-306; s. 743, ch. 71-136; s. 2, ch. 76-165; s. 174, ch. 91-224.

big jon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't want anyone to know I'm carrying that gives me advantage and I don't want or need to show /brag that i do
    if he wants to take the risk hes the one I'm gonna be laughing at we all know how many idiots are out there

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So what about this Question?
    If your fishing license is expired or you just don't have one, then technically you are not "Lawfully" fishing legally because you haven't a license.

So, could you still open carry, Legally?

Has nothing to with walking in your yard strapped, nor Improper exhibition.

Maybe there's a FWC on the forum that could answer it, or maybe an ASA ?

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    There are several different places/types of places that you can fish in Fla without a license. And is your age a factor also like hunting.
    Aren't there still several "free days" . . . where you don't need a license ?? What about those ??
    See how this can progress well beyond the use of common sense.
    For me it is a simple no brainer. I am concealed. I stay concealed. The laws protect me in case of an accident . . . wind,fall,etc. I don't brandish. --- SAWMAN

Jaxon1023

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If yall lived in the free state of Alabama you would see this alot more. Constitutional carry here. Loaded,open,concealed no matter. Sweet home Alabama!
    We don’t have constitutional carry or we wouldn’t have to pay for concealed carry permits. We do have open carry except for being in a vehicle unless you have a concealed carry permit. Stupid huh lol

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As written; (h) A person engaged in fishing, camping, or lawful hunting or going to or returning from a fishing, camping, or lawful hunting expedition;
    I Believe it is To and From as in going to Point A to Point B, NOT to Point A, B, C and maybe D.
    And another Question. the word "Lawful" as in subsection (h) above. If your fishing license is expired or you just don't have one, then technically you are not "Lawfully" (legally) fishing because you haven't a license. So, could you still open carry, Legally?

Which is why it's a poorly written law. I see any stops in between as still going to and from. Also what if you have a cane pole and are in your county of residence? You don't need a license to fish with a cane pole in your county of residence.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We don’t have constitutional carry or we wouldn’t have to pay for concealed carry permits. We do have open carry except for being in a vehicle unless you have a concealed carry permit. Stupid huh lol

We've been posting about Fl. So people don't get confused, your refering to Alabama Law; right?

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

You couldn't Pay me to live in your Ass-Backward Fucked up State, sorry.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Which is why it's a poorly written law. I see any stops in between as still going to and from. Also what if you have a cane pole and are in your county of residence? You don't need a license to fish with a cane pole in your county of residence.

Lmao, I didn't think of that.
    Okay, for technical reasons, you are Not fishing with a cane pole, but with a rod and reel.
    Now, back to the question, No License, can you legally open carry to/fro from fishing?

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lmao, I didn't think of that.
    Okay, for technical reasons, you are Not fishing with a cane pole, but with a rod and reel.
    Now, back to the question, No License, can you legally open carry to/fro from fishing?
    I'd say no since you have to be capable of legally fishing.........except you could be going to your buddy's private land with stocked pond which doesn't require a license either.

See where I'm going? There are just too many variables to say yes or no and like 6pt said most officers probably aren't going to get involved unless you're being a douche canoe.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Okay, some of you are over reading this. A Person 21 years of age, without a Valid Fishing License.
    Can He Open Carry in the Bank (because he needed cash for gas) and while in a Store to buy a soda pop, and then in a grocery store to buy chicken livers, then the gas station for gas? All this Before he actually got to the PUBLIC water to fish?

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I believe a private pond is the same as hunting on private property. Legally, if you do not own the property, you must have a license to fish/hunt on it.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Soooooo . . . you are saying that you cannot go to a catfish pond,stocked and owned by an individual,where you pay to fish . . WITHOUT A LICENSE ?? --- SAWMAN

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Soooooo . . . you are saying that you cannot go to a catfish pond,stocked and owned by an individual,where you pay to fish . . WITHOUT A LICENSE ?? --- SAWMAN
    I Do Not Think that was in the perimeters of the Question. As A matter of Fact, I Know it wasn't.
    So either stay with the Question at hand or shut up.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I Do Not Think that was in the perimeters of the Question. As A matter of Fact, I Know it wasn't.
    So either stay with the Question at hand or shut up.

I don't have an opinion about your word-splitting amateur-lawyer crystal-ball-a-LEO's-mind pissing contest, but your "manners" are very schoolyard shit-bag.

How about you say "thank-you" for all of the very professional and detailed responses, and exercise some of the same maturity?

"... or shut up." That works, too.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I don't have an opinion about your word-splitting amateur-lawyer crystal-ball-a-LEO's-mind pissing contest, but your "manners" are very schoolyard shit-bag.

How about you say "thank-you" for all of the very professional and detailed responses, and exercise some of the same maturity?

"... or shut up." That works, too.
    That was Professional? All your wannbe forum legal shit that you spew out is hardly professional. It'd been better for you to have simply said, I DO NOT KNOW, instead of all the quoting and those long paragraph ramblings. It doesn't make you look smart, but just the opposite.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom