• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Took my new to me BRN-180SH 300 Blackout to the neighbor’s range for testing and sighting in. Using some of my existing Blackout loads, I found a couple it liked. I then set out a steel target and had fun just smacking steel. Figured out the adjustable gas system. I did find it shot smaller groups with a flash hider than without. I had brought a Ruger flash hider just to cover the bbl threads and found it liked the flash hider.
    View attachment 274231
    how does it like your suppressor?

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    how does it like your suppressor?
    Other than one shot in the yard, haven’t shot it suppressed yet. Found in setting “2” that nothing would blow the bolt back enough to properly lock bolt open on the last shot unsuppressed so have been shooting supersonic unsuppressed with setting “1” to lock back bolt on empty mag. Suspect unsuppressed supersonic would work with a setting somewhere between 1 and 2 which doesn’t exist.

kb67

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sent off my slide (M&P 2.0) to Wager Machine works last Thursday. Got it back today, they did great and I've got my 507c ACSS mounted and ready to go. Installed an Apex trigger while slide was being cut. Super excited to get out to the range.

sloporsche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    I got my car back from the wife and she stayed with it and joined me at the range ,she just did a 4 hour firearm safety class . She probably put 50 /75 rounds out to-day ,.22 at class and 38 sp in the python 2.5 with me ,she didn't do too bad either for newbee ,got home and said in response to cleaning the guns "thats man work " .......ya know i really should have let her shoot 357 magnums in the python and i should have made her shoot the sw 340 pd . ......we had fun though she's a keeper

kb67

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got my car back from the wife and she stayed with it and joined me at the range ,she just did a 4 hour firearm safety class . She probably put 50 /75 rounds out to-day ,.22 at class and 38 sp in the python 2.5 with me ,she didn't do too bad either for newbee ,got home and said in response to cleaning the guns "thats man work " .......ya know i really should have let her shoot 357 magnums in the python and i should have made her shoot the sw 340 pd . ......we had fun though she's a keeper
    I'm jealous. Have been trying to get my wife to tag along to the range and have gotten nowhere. On the bright side she agreed to let me get a 10/22 on the premise she might enjoy shooting it. No idea if she'll enjoy it but I sure as hell do.

sloporsche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    forgot to review SW 340 PD .....357 /5 shot /DA only hammer less . Out of the box it needed to be cleaner and better oiled ,the front sight pin could have been driven in flush but it does not need to go back . This lil snubski 1.88 barrel weights in at 12 oz unloaded ,i have no complaints about the feel of the action . I put 20 rounds of 38 special through it and is quite manageable then 20 rounds of 357 hornady 125 gr FTX critical defense and brother it gets intense ...really intense but manageable . I put all 40 rounds into center mass at 10 feet that is all this thing does ,its not for plinking at all . You treat the front sight like a red dot ,put it on center mass then detonate the round into the threat at bad breath/get off of me range .Grips and 38 + p I think would tame /calm it but that is not what I bought it for . I will CC it in the summer wearing shorts and t shirt as a pocket gun ...a nuclear pocket gun . btw I carry 2 speed loaders and have 20 ready rounds in the car . Carrying in the pocket you really do not feel it but i did pay attention first time out to-day [driving/eating out ] that it did not want to come out of the pocket [no issues there either] , i do have a garrett holster IWB coming for it too.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I missed the first muzzle threading messing with a safe on the way
    watched 3 receivers drilled and threaded on shotguns and red dots mounted
    watched the muzzle threading for that new Remmy 700 I mentioned earlier...guy wanted a brake on the 6.5NM..once apart it has a non-adjustable Timney trigger from the factory instead of the X-Mark now

Last edited:

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    :D I didn't remember a 2 handle Lee press and wanted to see a picture
    then it dawned on me..I think you might be talking about their old hand press. They still make them and are around $70 new.

Top Bottom