• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was back at the range today with the Mk18. Another couple hundred rounds, which pretty much depleted my stash of random 5.56 ammo that just kind of collects around the bench. If I am going to go back out I will actually have to open a new box of something.

On the less business-y side of things, today would have been my dad’s 90th birthday, but he passed away in 2022. I took his two favorite guns out today (Colt Detective Special and a 4” Smith 58) and shot them a bit so they don’t just collect dust at the back of the safe.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Deer hunted, saw two nice does. Had our cooler been empty would have blasted one.
    20240126_171814.jpg

Got my thermal lighter weight Frankenstein AR built. 4.6 lbs before optic. 1:8T. No where as light as the 22 mag but Not too bad. Figured the trade off for flatter shooting and more punch was worth it. Been playing around the yard. Testing after deer season.
    20240126_183537.jpg

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Busy day so far
    Cleaned off the reloading bench and moved presses around
    sorted various boxes/bags of brass that were on top to condense stuff...
    I found:
    300PRC
    224 Valkrie
    .300 Hammer
    6mm Remington
    8mm Mauser
    7.62x54R
    6.5 Grendel
    .308 Arrow
    6.5x55SE
    7.5x55
    7.62x39
    .450 Bushmaster
    .350 Legend
    about 2/3 of a cat litter bucket full. some are just a few some are 1/2 gal zips with a good amount. Not sure what I will do with that stuff.

Started sizing 300WSM nickle. Those dies are set up for the Co-Ax...I might have to put the long handle back in. I'm glad whatever fired these isn't my rifle. One neck was even cracked on the first firing. It looks like the shoulders are
    +.004 - .006 and the base is so blown out it won't go in my Mo's case gauge but will go in the RCBS, so I can figure out the shoulder bump setting. I waxed the first case and thought that I had gotten it stuck. Once I got it off the case I put more wax and went slow up and down about 6 times. Shoulders need to come back about .002 more to be -.001 and reset the die. Got the first one done an started the the second one...same thing. Shoulder set back is on the money now. Put the lid back on the wax and got the spray bottle out and hit them good. Maybe the alcohol has evaporated by now and I can get back after it.

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Printed out holdover targets and reviewed the 31 page lesson plan I’m co-teaching on Mon and Tues. I also bought stuff to bring for lunch so I don’t have to spend the cash in the chow hall.

If I’m feeling up to it I may post an AAR after the class, but it seems a bit disingenuous because what am I going to say?

“The class was life changing. I will never look at firearms the same way again and the instructors were gods among men.”

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Deer hunting. Rotated my stand more to the right to see wooded area better. Seems like more activity in the cover View attachment 267611
    The picture reminds me of the guy that setup a rifle so people could hunt on the internet. A web cam was bore sited to the gun. You could aim the rifle to position the crosshairs and use CTL"S" to shoot the gun. After a few months it was closed down.

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Finished up the last day of class yesterday, and today will be gear rehab, gun cleaning from shooting I did last week, and waiting for my new elliptical machine to be delivered. Doc says I‘m not a spring chicken anymore and I have to quit running so much on the road.

I will probably work in some dry fire today. One of the students edged me out on a drill and that showed me I was getting rusty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom