• ...and so much more!
  • Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Went out to Element yesterday and worked on zeroing my Rattler and another 300BO.

Screen Shot 2022-09-11 at 8.14.48 AM.png

For my eyes and as big as the dot was, this was good enough for me with 220gr subsonic at 50 yards (The dot completely covered the target at that range)

Screen Shot 2022-09-11 at 8.14.36 AM.png

Using a set of Scalerworks iron sights on my 8.5 upper (No optics), I was able to dial in this group using 147gr supers - Im happy with that.
    Screen Shot 2022-09-11 at 8.14.25 AM.png

Hopefully can get out again today after church.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I ordered a Shadetree Engineering Joystick top to go on my Caldwell rest.
    only mod I had to do to this point was clean up part #6 with an emery board.
    You can see that the rifle stop is bare steel.

IMG_1165.jpg

as you can see the hand wheel is no longer on it...well we fixed that

The wheel will not come off the original head without taking the bag out which is a little bit of a pain. I wrote Caldwell to see if I could get another wheel since they listed parts with numbers in the manual. No go...if I send them a picture of the old one broken they would send me another one. Told me they don't sell parts.:huh:

IMG_1172.jpg

I took it to my buddy's on Saturday. We looked at it and I told him I was thinking about cutting that portion off so I could swap the hand wheel back and forth.

Then it was kinda...hold this...I got an idea. Next thing I know it is apart...he has the shaft locked in the mill. He indexed it then drilled and tapped the other end on the mill. He didn't have a metric tap so we could use the old bolt so we threaded the other end 1/4-20. Then installed it upside down like this. You can see the tapped end in the pic above. I'm not sure the whole thing took 10 minutes from chuck to unchuck....and I didn't have to heat the threaded shaft up cutting it off.

IMG_1167.jpg

then screwed it back all back together

IMG_1169.jpg

Wheel screws off the bottom of both of them now and swap the bearing and 2 different heads to shoot from. With the narrow bag that came with the Caldwell... it will be great for a hunting rifles with a narrow front end. I will order another wider front bag for wider stocks at a later time.... probably when I order a taller rear bag.

IMG_1170.jpg

The joy stick and wide slick front bag will be better for benchrest type shooting

IMG_1171.jpg

we added some of our Shadetree to the Shadetree. So far the only thing I can see room for improvement in is the rest top doesn't have a bubble level to level it up like on the original top. I have some small ones on the way to mount on the stock stop piece when they come in. I stopped at Lowe's on the way and grabbed a bag of threaded screw protectors for the rifle stop.

IMG_1173.jpg

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Did a thang... Beretta 1301 tactical and slapped a holosun 512 on it. Gonna vaporize some stuff tomorrow!
    You got it! Let us know how it does! If I ever upgrade from my stoeger, it will be to the 1301. :)

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    You got it! Let us know how it does! If I ever upgrade from my stoeger, it will be to the 1301. :)
    So.... all the hype is LEGIT. The 1301 tactical is super fast, utterly reliable so far and pretty soft shooting for an 18" 12ga. I let like a dozen doodes shoot it and one legit trigger puller said he might be selling his benelli m4 after shooting my 1301. Birdshot, buck, low and high brass, slugs without issue. Few hundred rounds of mixed reloads and factory stuff. It's sooooo gud!

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Yes! Put that on it for the love of Stoner!!

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Picked up a gorgeous AR from another member and promptly ruined it with the goofiest optic setup I could put together. Shoutout to to TackleberryMCS!
    I actually put a qd mounted aimpoint PRO on a detachable carry handle so... 20220830_194853.jpg

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Who made that mount? Been trying to find something like that for a while! I can only find mounts with two rings for an Ultradot style rdo
    A.R.M.S. buddy. Recent production run, was $120.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Took my Siaga apart to start working on it. Going to try to see if I can get it to reliably feed before I spend money for conversions.

Watched a 28 Nosler run a little...still can't hear from the brake noise and I had hearing pro on

Last edited:

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    feed issue seems to be resolved on the Siaga...now I need to spend more time on the short stroke issue and I think we will be cooking with gas. Getting some bolt lift issues and bind at the rear of travel...must be rubbing the hammer

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    feed issue seems to be resolved on the Siaga...now I need to spend more time on the short stroke issue and I think we will be cooking with gas. Getting some bolt lift issues and bind at the rear of travel...must be rubbing the hammer
    Ack, i remember those days. I bought a jts ak12. For 300ish all issues solved, 4 position gas adjust and screw in choke and rail....done. 0 extra costs. Look at em.
    20220108_152429.jpg
    20220224_122311.jpg

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    @Raven I was going to send it in to be repaired...then lens came out...when the serial # came up as a negative on the on-line form I filled out... they made me send pictures prior to the RM Authorization. I watched a good video on how to tell the differences this afternoon. Mine is even closer than the one they used for showing the differences.

Top Bottom