• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Received my Comfort Tac holster and been wearing it for 2 days straight lol. I experimented with something very similar by taking a much wider velcro back support band of my own and stuffing all my EDC stuff in it. Overall very satisfied with this.
    Are we carrying swords now?? :p ya gotta show that thing.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Received my Comfort Tac holster and been wearing it for 2 days straight lol. I experimented with something very similar by taking a much wider velcro back support band of my own and stuffing all my EDC stuff in it. Overall very satisfied with this.
    The ladies at "Leather 4 U" in Milton sew black stretchy stuff and velcro all the time. They could probably add to an existing back support for a small fraction of the cost of a belly band holster, and even result in a better made product. For me, over time, they have added black stretchy and velcro to a couple of ankle holsters, a new three foot zipper (hand sewn, all three feet, both sides) to a rucksack and some new velcro for a BDU pant pocket. I am impressed. Other than tactical stuff, they have also custom hand fabricated a luxury grade leather camp sheath for my favorite Buck and also a utilitarian WW1 German butcher bayonet leather belt sheath modeled on my favorite leather USAF pilot knife sheath. They do good sturdy work and they work with you in the design/build process to make sure you get what you want. A belly band holster added to a top notch medical grade back brace would be right up their alley

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Had to take the dog to the vet today so took the day off work. Got done earlier than expected and had some time to kill. Grabbed the youngest and hit the range. As an old drill sergeant used to love saying "If it ain't raining, we ain't training". Right when we got there, the bottom feel out of the sky. Didn't get to set up targets but let the kiddo plink steel and remnants of clay pigeons that were scattered on the berms. He had fun, that's all that matters to me. He also got to feel the difference in recoil between .38 special plinking loads and .357 magnum defensive loads out of his sister's Taurus m65 and my Ruger Blackhawk. Poor kid is a tack driver with a rifle but is hopeless with a pistol or revolver.
    96aa9fd54804fe5a63ad97b02131ed40.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Finished sizing and lubing all the .303 Brit bullets I'd cast this past winter. Must have around 3000 of them ready to load. Next is size and lube the 6.5 cast bullets...don't have as many of them to do. Reloading jacketed 6.5x55 for a friend. Got a call from a farmer...hogs in his peanuts last night...I do not go out in the lightning and rain.

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sold 2 charging handles today! Thanks Pistol Pedro. Yesterday I picked up my Banshee 300 MK4 in .22lr! And a beautiful Live Free Armory ar receiver set. They make nice stuff! Oh, and traded a 7.5 upper for a 10.5 upper, thanks Ryan2228 and My Holosun HS515GM came in the mail.
    20210624_185826.jpg
    20210624_185857.jpg

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Had to take the dog to the vet today so took the day off work. Got done earlier than expected and had some time to kill. Grabbed the youngest and hit the range. As an old drill sergeant used to love saying "If it ain't raining, we ain't training". Right when we got there, the bottom feel out of the sky. Didn't get to set up targets but let the kiddo plink steel and remnants of clay pigeons that were scattered on the berms. He had fun, that's all that matters to me. He also got to feel the difference in recoil between .38 special plinking loads and .357 magnum defensive loads out of his sister's Taurus m65 and my Ruger Blackhawk. Poor kid is a tack driver with a rifle but is hopeless with a pistol or revolver.
    96aa9fd54804fe5a63ad97b02131ed40.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    My son was 5 years old shooting 308, but scared to death and wobbly behind a Magnum or shotgun. He was psyching himself out. Probably something similar with your son

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Finished sizing and lubing all the .303 Brit bullets I'd cast this past winter. Must have around 3000 of them ready to load. Next is size and lube the 6.5 cast bullets...don't have as many of them to do. Reloading jacketed 6.5x55 for a friend. Got a call from a farmer...hogs in his peanuts last night...I do not go out in the lightning and rain.
    Lmao, the hogs learned its safe to "Embrace the suck" as none of their family members drop dead when its thunder and lightning. Might be the perfect time to kill them all. Time the shots with the thunder noise. Mask your stalking noise and scent with the rain.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    What I DIDN'T do today (size bullets).

Was gonna size and lube 6.5mm cast bullets, but it took me 3 hours of looking to finally find my .266" bullet sizer die. I ALWAYS put my bullet sizing dies back into the same storage box when done. Nope. Finally remembered that maybe months ago I put that die with the bullets to be sized to "save me the time of digging the die out of the box" cause the die would be right with the containers of cast bullets to be sized. There is was right on top of a container of cast bullets. Did get my lube sizer switched over to 6.5, so at least that's done. In looking, I did find a few pounds of misc cast bullets I was given to remelt into more useful to me bullets, so they were moved and are right next to my melting pot in the garage.

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Met member Emcm2 today and sold him some blonde ak furniture, magpul but stock, and stuff.
    Now if I could just find some ammo at a decent price.....

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Met member Emcm2 today and sold him some blonde ak furniture, magpul but stock, and stuff.
    Now if I could just find some ammo at a decent price.....
    Spread it out with 4pay, interest free. Club members get free shipping, too
    Screenshot_20210626-012458_Chrome.jpg

BOHUNTER

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Try Gulf Coast Guns for the Wolf 762x39 122gr, not sure if he has anymore cases but it’s typically cheaper and you’re helping local business. The Tula has a recessed primer also, if using TULA in an AR platform you will need an enhanced firing pin and Wolf hammer spring just to eliminate the possibility of failure to fire / light strikes.

Top Bottom