• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Unless I am greatly mistaken . . . where your hand normally goes on both the 17 and 19 are exactly the same.
    They are on my 31 and 32. --- SAWMAN

I thought so too but when handling the Gen 5 19 and 17 my hand clearly fit the 17 better, now they could have had different backstraps on but he thought they were the same, the 17seemed a tad slimmer and more comfortable

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    For me - - -> I cannot get all four fingers on the grip of my Glock 33 without having the +zero Pierce grip extension.
    I can get all four fingers on the grip of my Glock 32 with no room to spare. My pinky finger is actually touching the magazine.
    I can get all four fingers on my Glock 31 with room left over.
    The mid sized Glocks are a perfect fit for me. This is why I origionally carried a 19 and now a 32.
    My reload for my 32 is a 31 mag. My reload for my 33 is a 32 mag. --- SAWMAN

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Cleaned and inspected my new SDS imported Cheetah 12, and hand fitted a few of the mags to ensure they loaded and locked right. Going to famfire it Monday. Should be a BLAST!
    SDS Cheetah 12.jpg

Attachments

• SDS Cheetah 12.jpg
      SDS Cheetah 12.jpg
      319.9 KB · Views: 138

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    At Jimmy's yesterday I got to fondle the new Gen 5 Glocks, like the new finish. Funny to me the 17 fit my hand better than did the 19, may have to get one! The Glock guy was great and loved to talk, of course the Jimmy's staff as always was top notch and also as always installed my night sights free on the spare 26 I have. I may have to trade that for another caliber Glock

What was they running out the door with the mil/leo discount? :popcorn:

Misfeed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sweet! I would be eating ramen for a week after buying one of those, lol. Nice piece of glass.First or second focal plane? Magnification? Looking hard at a Howa HCR in 308 but Im dreading buying a scope for it.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It's about the cheapest Swarovski made...

Z3 4-12x50mm
    Plex reticle
    1" tube
    Second focal plane

It's going on a stainless tikka t3 lite chambered in .308win

I have contemplated buying one for a few weeks now, and finally said screw it... went to Mike's and dropped a grand. But it's soooo clear. I am excited.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pulled out a rifle I had forgotten about an didn't really know what it was, turns out it is a chec. K-98 in 308 cal. With a long eye relief weaver scope on it, never shot it yet !!! It has the tried an trusted mouser action !!!

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    It is good to see someone consider putting a quality scope on a quality firearm.
    I have seen some quality guns with some POS optics on them. And . . . most likely the owner is whineing about the accuracy of the weapon. --- SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Received the missing part of the SIG MCX upper to AR lower conversion assembly. Please note that the AR lower conversion assembly is not in production/available yet...basically I lucked out and the Marketing Director had it sent to me from the ones they use for demonstrations. No idea of the cost nor when they will be available.

Take an AR lower without the buffer tube, screw in the threaded front piece, hold the rear part onto the back of the AR receiver, insert the SIG buffer piece from the front, and tighten the whole assembly together with the supplied bolt. The assembly allows SIG stocks to be attached, and at the top holds the MCX upper recoil spring assembly safely in place.

I did find a "flaw" in the concept. The threaded ring in the back of the AR lower does not have grooves milled in it to allow the SIG collapsible stock to collapse. That's not SIG's fault. I tried it on both my SBR AR lowers made by different makers, and neither would allow the collapsible stock to collapse, thus I put a SIG folding stock on my SBR lower. To cut grooves would weaken the ring in my opinion for use with a regular AR buffer tube assembly, so I will leave as-is. I sure as heck am not gonna cut on the M16 lower!

Both my MCX uppers have the firing pin lock designed to be used with the Geissele SSA trigger/hammer, and functioning was flawless on my SBR lower that has a Geissele SSA trigger installed. My M16 has a GI trigger/hammer and would not hit the primer with the MCX upper installed. A friend has the Geissele full auto trigger/hammer installed in his M16, so I'll be trying his lower with my MCX upper probably Sunday to see if that combo works.

The trip lever and 2 pins shown below connects the MCX bolt carrier to the M16 auto sear to trip it when in full auto mode. In the upside down pic of the MCX upper, you can see the slot SIG mills in the upper to take the trip lever. SIG makes the uppers full auto compatible (at least the 5 I've examined), but doesn't say so...it still takes a full auto lower to make it work. Assuming the Geissele M16 trigger/hammer will fire with the MCX upper, the next step will be to install the trip lever and see how the combo works in full auto.

I will say SIG makes it easy to swap stocks. No real pressing reason to be doing all this other than I just wanted to see/play. And with the AR, it's easily to move the parts back and forth.

DSCN3326.JPG DSCN3327.JPG DSCN3328.JPG DSCN3330.JPG DSCN3331.JPG DSCN3332.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN3326.JPG
      DSCN3326.JPG
      98.1 KB · Views: 123
    • DSCN3327.JPG
      DSCN3327.JPG
      62.1 KB · Views: 120
    • DSCN3328.JPG
      DSCN3328.JPG
      111 KB · Views: 122
    • DSCN3330.JPG
      DSCN3330.JPG
      80.4 KB · Views: 124
    • DSCN3331.JPG
      DSCN3331.JPG
      89.1 KB · Views: 122
    • DSCN3332.JPG
      DSCN3332.JPG
      88.6 KB · Views: 118

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It is good to see someone consider putting a quality scope on a quality firearm.
    I have seen some quality guns with some POS optics on them. And . . . most likely the owner is whineing about the accuracy of the weapon. --- SAWMAN
    I've always tried to be a "spend as much on the glass as you do on the rifle" person... It is difficult though.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've always tried to be a "spend as much on the glass as you do on the rifle" person... It is difficult though.

It'll be worth it when you shoot a deer that walks in 5 minutes later than you could have seen with a lesser quality scope.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It'll be worth it when you shoot a deer that walks in 5 minutes later than you could have seen with a lesser quality scope.
    That's a fact... I now have 4 rifles I need to sight in, as I swapped all of them around last night.

Last edited:

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I finally got a 77/357 . I've been looking for one for a supressor host so I wasted very little time in threading it. With 140 grain Speer JHP loaded over 4.1 grains of 700X in 38 special cases I'm getting around 1028 fps. I believe its quieter than a subsonic 22 LR through a YHM cobra. I think the lawn destroying pest are in for some trouble now.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I loaded ~20 Glock mags last night and I've got about 10 more to go in preparation for the GSSF match.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom