• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCTaylor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got a buyer for the RIA 2011, sold my old Vera Mag pouches, and a shotshell caddy.

Ordered new mags for the CZ, new mag pouches, and some dry fire targets. Now trying to choose between sitting on the extra cash or loading up on boolits, poweder, and primers...

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I got the VORTEX SPARC AR in this morning. Now it is mounted. I really like this optic from my first impression. One thing, you can set it up for 1/3rd co-witness or absolute by either using a 3mm shim or leaving it out. I chose to leave it out so as to have an absolute co-witness.

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Did not have a 556 in the house as I sold the last one before I even shot it 2 years ago so got this an Anderson lower and a Sanders Armory upper

Attachments

• 100_0315.JPG
      100_0315.JPG
      171.6 KB · Views: 162
    • 100_0316.JPG
      100_0316.JPG
      186.4 KB · Views: 168

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    lots of uspsa match's this month. Need LOTS of practice. got in some live fire @ ergc this afternoon. draw /first round drill. set up the plate rack at 10yrds. at the buzzer, draw from holster engage steel 1 round. 250 rounds. High average 2:05 sec best 1:76 most in the 1:90- 1:80 s. slow/mo dry-fired every other mag to let gun cool down. Hit rate @ 2 sec +90%. never tried this before, I sure its slow. what is an average time?

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    It looks much more streamlined than the previous version. Looks good and you definitely can't beat Vortex's warranty.
    I was looking at the Sig Romeo but that thing looks sweet, and cheaper too.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Tested some 9mm 115gr fmj bullets that RMR sent. Trying to find a bullet that shoots just as nice as the pulled (unknown make) 9mm bullets I bought years ago at Knob Creek. Close, but not quite; will be fine for plinking though. My MPX sure is fun.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone want to buy a whole collection? ARs, Glocks , Ammo, accessories, gun safe? I have a ton of shit I may need to unload quick. My wife was offered a job today in a Commie State that doesn't allow for any of this stuff. The money is great but I can't bring any of this stuff with me, which is sad as hell. Haven't decided if she is going to take it or not but she has to decide in the next couple days. I could cry right now.....

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah but it's gooood $$$$ and I can always buy more, less fun stuff.. I feel like I am stuck at one of those crossroads right now I keep seeing in the movies

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Put rock bottom price on the individual items. Drive to P'cola. Advertise on the forum where and when. You will sell it all.

There . . . . . problem solved. ---SAWMAN

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Just take it with you and keep your mouth shut... it's not like they'll check you at the state line... and unless you do something ridiculous, the 4th amendment protects you. F em!

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Met up with Jogan for a holster he made me for my 19.... talented gentleman! I'll be getting some more stuff made soon!
    01b09a4c1d0bd6dc8ff4a05938e30817.jpg

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone want to buy a whole collection? ARs, Glocks , Ammo, accessories, gun safe? I have a ton of shit I may need to unload quick. My wife was offered a job today in a Commie State that doesn't allow for any of this stuff. The money is great but I can't bring any of this stuff with me, which is sad as hell. Haven't decided if she is going to take it or not but she has to decide in the next couple days. I could cry right now.....

What is the price of Freedom? The restrictions you pose in the new location normally have severe CWP application restrictions. THAT is a major safety concern! Will you have to give that up to?
    No one knows what will happen with the 2A or firearms that are heavily targeted by anti gun groups and politicians. That goes for tomorrow, Nov elections and the years and decades that follow. Once you give up ownership, you may not be able to replace it down the road: price, availability, restrictions, or bans. You could prep them for long term storage, use a good Safe and store them at a pro gun relatives house, then pick up where you left off upon return.

I fully understand you need to do whats best for your growing family. Make sure you factor in the higher salary vs living in what is probably a very high cost area, loss of Freedoms, degradition of personal/home safety. What if the job is not a good fit? What if she gets fired? Will you have enough finacial cushion to survive till the next job offer in that area and job market. I don't mean to dump on what could be great for your family but it could go either way, consider everything.

Good luck Fup.

If she/you have to go

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Had a guy I know get an offer like that, he and his wife took the offer, sold their house and moved, only to find out that they could not afford a similar house in the new location even with the big salary. They also could not afford the new taxes upon taxes and found themselves living below the level they were living at, here in FL. In other words this great deal was a financial disaster for the family. Oh, he ended up divorced also, in a state where the guy gets skinned and then flailed. Look at all aspects very, very carefully because many layers of crap come in a super liberal cake.
    Ed

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I was looking at the Sig Romeo but that thing looks sweet, and cheaper too.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I was originally looking the SIG Romeo 4 as well, but the more I read, the more I was impressed with the VORTEX SPARC AR. At nearly $200 less than the SIG Romeo 4, the SPARC AR made a lot more sense. Granted, it does not have the battery life that the ROMEO 4 does (50,000 hours compared to 5,000 hours), but it is simple and easy to change out the AAA battery on the SPARC AR. Also, the fact that the SPARC AR can be setup for lower 1/3rd or absolute co-witness can appeal to people. It also has the illumination adjustments control buttons on the backside of the optic. It can be turned on and off with those control buttons. The battery compartment cover can also serve as a tool to remove the windage and elevation turrent caps. It is keyed to fit the caps on the turrets. Once the battery cover is screwed back in, the optic powers back up to the same brightness level as it was before the cover was removed. Of course, you can still remove the caps without removing the battery cover. When you do remove the turret caps, you flipped the over to adjust the settings. They are keyed to fit the slots on the adjustment wheels. This is a very slick optic. As long as someone is not looking for a QD mount, the SPARC AR would make a very good choice for a budget-minded micro red-dot optic. Not to mention, you also get the VORTEX V.I.P. Unlimited Warranty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom