• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Walruson

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One of the hogue screws stripped my p226 frame socket for the grip. Fortunately the other OEM Sig screw were long enough to grab the remaining thread. Not too happy with this Sig project so far.

Know any local gunsmiths or weld smith who can drill out the socket and install a helicoil to accommodate the Sig size screws?

BamaFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Polished my slide and barrel Glock 17. Wow i must be bored image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      610.2 KB · Views: 173

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like the mirror finish..I've thought about doing that with a project gun but have other things on the table right now (like bills..haha)..does it make the slide any harder to rack being that smooth???

BamaFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yes it is pretty slick and i would not recommend this for your primary weapon but this is just a pass some time kinda thing. Start to finish took me every bit of 2 1/2 hours but its not mirror shine yet but pretty close. I stripped it down with acetone then hand sanded with 800 grit then Mothers mag polish

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I came back early from vacation and stayed up way too late last night doing gun stuff. I finally got the Tanfo flat trigger installed (after some file work and disassembling/reassembling the gun about 30 times), as well as the other Henning parts. I was planning on loading some .40, but I realized all my brass was dirty. I tumbled quite a bit of brass and ended up bulge busting a couple handfuls.

I loaded up 5 different test loads this morning and took them to the range a couple hours ago with very disappointing results. Unfortunately none of the loads will meet major power factor. I didn't get any pressure signs with even the hottest load, but I think I'm going to try a different powder because I don't want to start compressing the previous powder.

Skippy02

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just finished up cleaning 6 various guns from yesterday's range trip. Uploaded a new YouTube video and have a few more to process then upload as well, so that will be my evening

sent from this crazy cyber space place

Jeff

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Planning my evening at the press. Loading some target load .357 Magnum for Saturdays shoot at B&B. Probably load up some 45Auto as well. USPS alert says the Talon grips came in for my Tupperware Glocks so I'll try and get those on tonight too.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wasn't today but yesterday I went and put 400 rounds through my Glock 19. Been a little while since I have burnt some powder.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Got a AR Gold Trigger,from American Trigger Corp on order from the Rev (with respect) and Dave at TGD.

If some of you have never "fingered" this trigger,stop in a give it a try. Probably THE best I have ever felt on a AR. Thanks guys. --- SAWMAN
    Edit To Add: This trigger is (IMO) a target trigger. Some hunters do not like these,saying it is too light to be safe. This is NOT my opinion ..... IF ..... you follow the laws of gun safety. If your application for a AR trigger is a controlled pull, as in target and game animals not on the run,this is worth looking at. The reset time is an added bonus,however it is not as important to ME as NO creep with an ultra light(for a AR) let off. These are simply my opinions. YMMV

Last edited:

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Got a AR Gold Trigger,from American Trigger Corp on order from the Rev (with respect) and Dave at TGD.

If some of you have never "fingered" this trigger,stop in a give it a try. Probably THE best I have ever felt on a AR. Thanks guys. --- SAWMAN
    That will be my next purchase, the CMC is good, but the Gold is incredible!

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I came back early from vacation and stayed up way too late last night doing gun stuff. I finally got the Tanfo flat trigger installed (after some file work and disassembling/reassembling the gun about 30 times), as well as the other Henning parts. I was planning on loading some .40, but I realized all my brass was dirty. I tumbled quite a bit of brass and ended up bulge busting a couple handfuls.

I loaded up 5 different test loads this morning and took them to the range a couple hours ago with very disappointing results. Unfortunately none of the loads will meet major power factor. I didn't get any pressure signs with even the hottest load, but I think I'm going to try a different powder because I don't want to start compressing the previous powder.

bummer man. hope you get that load soon. if case space is an issue, you can't go wrong with titegroup. I want to shoot in limited when I grow up.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Got me one of those fancy Inforce lights for the Blackout...
    cf4cfd3f6ab8eb2847df56c155b8668a.jpg

I got a cheap red light for the blackout. Took it out to the lease tonight and dropped some bait. That cheap light has a great directed beam and it's good for about 75yards. Works great with the red dot I have mounted.

Spent 15.99 on the light with free shipping. Came with a pressure switch(I don't like them so not using it). And 9.99 for 4 rechargeable batteries. Very nice overall!

I'll have to take some pics of my 300 build and post them for you!

Doc

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    bummer man. hope you get that load soon. if case space is an issue, you can't go wrong with titegroup. I want to shoot in limited when I grow up.

I've got Titegroup, but Khaot1c mentioned Longshot yesterday (which I forgot I even had). From the published velocities, it looks like it just might be the ticket. I made 5 different test loads this morning and I should have time to chrono them today.

Top Bottom