• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Finally shot the old Reising at the range the other day. Poor thing sat for so long with the previous owner you could not pull the trigger. Was stuck from old grease that hardened solid. Runs prefect now with no problems.

Attachments

• 20240404_124643.jpg
      20240404_124643.jpg
      1.9 MB · Views: 20

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Finally shot the old Reising at the range the other day. Poor thing sat for so long with the previous owner you could not pull the trigger. Was stuck from old grease that hardened solid. Runs prefect now with no problems.

My most favorite sub gun I've ever rented. So jealous :) Just curious, is yours one of the WW2 and Pensacola PD surplus Reising's?

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    My most favorite sub gun I've ever rented. So jealous :) Just curious, is yours one of the WW2 and Pensacola PD surplus Reising's?
    Not really sure on this ones history. It's a model 60 semi auto. I'm trying to get more info on it. its a 2000ish serial number gun and no other markings that I can see.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Not really sure on this ones history. It's a model 60 semi auto. I'm trying to get more info on it. its a 2000ish serial number gun and no other markings that I can see.
    PPD's were select fire and had a metal badge on the stock claiming PPD ownership. Several were sold to Jay's Guns as surplus about 10-15 years ago and were used as range rentals. Very fun and very controllable in full auto with that SKS style stock. I thought hard about it but didn't buy it because of poor mag availability. If it took Glock mags I would have been on it like white on rice

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Finished casting a 30 cal ammo can of 44 cal bullets. Started a couple of days ago. Then started on 45/70 type hollow base bullets today. I use them in a M1888 Trapdoor and a Danish M1867 rolling block.

The hollow base mold being a single cavity is slow and picky, but once it and the lead are at the right temperature, the bullets come out nice.

A friend is slowing down casting so a fellow caster and I made an offer on his ingots he won’t be using. Turned out to be 270 pounds, about 90% linotype ingots with the balance wheel weight ingots. We each bought 135 pounds. Pic shows what my fellow caster is getting. Many bars are rust color due to being in a rusty metal bucket. A win win for all involved.

Ordered more 22 long CB ammo for rat hunting. Neighbor has a camera set up in the coop tonight to see what’s going on rat-wise since I’ve confirmed 9 rat kills there.

IMG_0226.jpeg
    IMG_0229.jpeg
    IMG_0228.jpeg
    IMG_0230.jpeg

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    T
    Finished casting a 30 cal ammo can of 44 cal bullets. Started a couple of days ago. Then started on 45/70 type hollow base bullets today. I use them in a M1888 Trapdoor and a Danish M1867 rolling block.

The hollow base mold being a single cavity is slow and picky, but once it and the lead are at the right temperature, the bullets come out nice.

A friend is slowing down casting so a fellow caster and I made an offer on his ingots he won’t be using. Turned out to be 270 pounds, about 90% linotype ingots with the balance wheel weight ingots. We each bought 135 pounds. Pic shows what my fellow caster is getting. Many bars are rust color due to being in a rusty metal bucket. A win win for all involved.

Ordered more 22 long CB ammo for rat hunting. Neighbor has a camera set up in the coop tonight to see what’s going on rat-wise since I’ve confirmed 9 rat kills there.

View attachment 281289 View attachment 281290 View attachment 281291 View attachment 281292

Truly precious metal

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Quick testing at the neighbor’s before the storm came. Tested 44 cast bullets with aluminum gas checks vs copper gas checks. Same accuracy and point of impact…success! I have zillions of the aluminum ones.

Next was my BRN180 pistol in 300 Blackout. I had tested and sighted it in with CCI 400 primers with fine accuracy. I don’t have an infinite supply of these primers, so the goal was finding if I could use some others on hand. I had already done some informal primer testing. Today I finalized it. Wolf standard small rifle primers shot as well as CCI 400 with my loading of pulled fmj 7.62x39 bullets. Remington 6 1/2 shot groups twice as large and 2” to the left at 50 yards.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Quick testing at the neighbor’s before the storm came. Tested 44 cast bullets with aluminum gas checks vs copper gas checks. Same accuracy and point of impact…success! I have zillions of the aluminum ones.

Next was my BRN180 pistol in 300 Blackout. I had tested and sighted it in with CCI 400 primers with fine accuracy. I don’t have an infinite supply of these primers, so the goal was finding if I could use some others on hand. I had already done some informal primer testing. Today I finalized it. Wolf standard small rifle primers shot as well as CCI 400 with my loading of pulled fmj 7.62x39 bullets. Remington 6 1/2 shot groups twice as large and 2” to the left at 50 yards.
    Were the x39 pulls .311 or .308?

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Stunk up the .22 match again this morning...I was the 2nd Place Looser today with an ugly 314 outta 500. The target X ring was the same size as a pencil eraser...far too many 8s and not enough 10s. The wind was there and I was using holds....still medaled. Think I need to clean a rifle too...been a couple of years. Winner took it with a 450.

here is the targets
    #1.jpg

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Stunk up the .22 match again this morning...I was the 2nd Place Looser today with an ugly 314 outta 500. The target X ring was the same size as a pencil eraser...far too many 8s and not enough 10s. The wind was there and I was using holds....still medaled. Think I need to clean a rifle too...been a couple of years. Winner took it with a 450.

here is the targets
    View attachment 281880
    Couple years?!

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    came home with 2 more #s of IMR4064...I decided to put it up instead of down...who know I had that much 4064...might need to put it all in a big jug.

Got about 500 more .223 pulled that got over charged...about 1500 more to go:cool:

Top Bottom