• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I loaded up some .45 ACP rounds with small primer brass I picked up from a member a while back. I'll use them in the indoor range so I don't have to worry about losing the brass that goes down range (yes, as a reloader I usually hate that). I have an RCBS Pro Chucker progressive press dedicated to .45 ACP, but since these are small primer I loaded them on my single-stage Rock Chucker. After some 35 years and with 3 progressive presses on the bench, I still enjoy single-stage reloading.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Traded for a Contender pistol with a .22 lr octagon bbl and open sights. Spent the morning sighting it in and testing a variety of 22 ammo to see which played well with it. Turned out it likes Remington subsonic HP the best...luckily I have over a case of it. Also liked Centurion 40gr RN high velocity, CMP ELEY, & Remington white box USGI std velocity, all shooting to the same impact point. Wolf Match Target (both lots I had on hand) shot nicely accurate and hit 1" higher, but Wolf is a bit expensive and hard to find to shoot cans with. Found ammo it didn't like too, but then that's the purpose of testing.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Traded for a Contender pistol with a .22 lr octagon bbl and open sights. Spent the morning sighting it in and testing a variety of 22 ammo to see which played well with it. Turned out it likes Remington subsonic HP the best...luckily I have over a case of it. Also liked Centurion 40gr RN high velocity, CMP ELEY, & Remington white box USGI std velocity, all shooting to the same impact point. Wolf Match Target (both lots I had on hand) shot nicely accurate and hit 1" higher, but Wolf is a bit expensive and hard to find to shoot cans with. Found ammo it didn't like too, but then that's the purpose of testing.
    And to add some pics of today. I played with my new Rossi .357 that I just did a fluff and buff too and got my Full Auto LCS SK-19 back from warranty and free upgrades so I was shooting it also. Did not take pics shooting the Rossi but it was a tac driver. Daezee was the witness of that. :)

Pics...

V3Yx0CM.jpg

orV4eZr.jpg

57vYZK8.jpg

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Loaded 45 rounds of 223 with Wolf 55 grain fmj 26 grains CFE 223 CCI SR primers. Would of loaded more but my Lee powder measure wasn’t throwing consistent amounts. First time I’ve ever had a problem with it not being consistent. I hope that taking it apart and cleaning fixes it but if not I’ve got a backup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I sized, trimmed and cleaned .223 brass. I had it in 2 buckets...1st bucket was all LC 2nd was mostly LC and commercial with some random 6.8 and a .308 to clog up the case feeder. I got the first bucket in the cement moxer to wash...will wash the 2nd bucket in the morning. Then I will need to sort the second bucket when it finishes washing and drying along with the other 2 full buckets I put up a little while ago...I should be set for a minute maybe.

Left.jpg

I finished the first container of rifle cleaning with this old gurl...a '79 Browning BBR in 300 Win Mag. Barrel still looks brand new almost. I put her up years ago and the deer is mounted over my desk.

IMG_1015.jpg

This one locks up pretty tight

IMG_1014.jpg

If I didn't know better in a previous life she shot some hot loads

IMG_1013.jpg

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Yesterday, I finished loading my 300BO

Closed up of the Sheridan Case gauge with cutout.
    Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 12.35.04 PM.png

Today, I finished taking some more photos of items I need to sell on the forum.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Yesterday, I finished loading my 300BO

Closed up of the Sheridan Case gauge with cutout.
    View attachment 173904

Today, I finished taking some more photos of items I need to sell on the forum.
    That is really a cool idea. I have one for checking my 10mm rds. VERY handy!! ( tks Fanner50!)

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Those are my bullet of choice, 110 grain Barnes 300 BLK.
    In my bolt action 300 BLK , the 110 grain hornady V max shoots to the same point of impact at 100 yards , so I use them for target practice. But I use the barnes for hunting game or predators . They have been reliable with out fail.

Latest posts

Top Bottom