• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Shot my Yugo SKS with the grandson and the bolt wouldn’t cycle. My grandson asked if it was a bolt action lol
    I almost started to worry about it until I remembered where the ammo came from. A friend’s brother in law had died and the ammo was in an open shed and had corroded. I cleaned it up before loading magazines with it and told myself I would be lucky if it went off and that was over 10 years ago. I had already shot several hundred rounds just plinking and had several rounds that wouldn’t cycle the bolt

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Shot my Yugo SKS with the grandson and the bolt wouldn’t cycle. My grandson asked if it was a bolt action lol
    I almost started to worry about it until I remembered where the ammo came from. A friend’s brother in law had died and the ammo was in an open shed and had corroded. I cleaned it up before loading magazines with it and told myself I would be lucky if it went off and that was over 10 years ago. I had already shot several hundred rounds just plinking and had several rounds that wouldn’t cycle the bolt
    Well ya know which rifle to grab in the apocalypse! :)

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Swapped out the brace, got the fake suppressor off the MCX and put on my actual one with a timed brake. Next up is getting a new grip and figuring out a flashlight/ mounting solution for it.

Further down the line, I can hopefully see about selling this optic and getting an Eotech.
    Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 8.33.49 PM.png

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Swapped out the brace, got the fake suppressor off the MCX and put on my actual one with a timed brake. Next up is getting a new grip and figuring out a flashlight/ mounting solution for it.

Further down the line, I can hopefully see about selling this optic and getting an Eotech.
    View attachment 168954
    Looks very brn180ish. Nice.

rossi

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    17   1   1
    Watched all the online stores selling the living daylights out of any firearm related items.

Who's buying all this stuff? I'm hearing that an overwhelming number of American's are against firearms. It just doesn't make sense.....?

The_Spaartan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Watched all the online stores selling the living daylights out of any firearm related items.

Who's buying all this stuff? I'm hearing that an overwhelming number of American's are against firearms. It just doesn't make sense.....?
    Maybe it's the media lying to push an agenda? Nahhh it can't be that. The Clinton News Network has never lied about anything

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

What the media and many politicians want you to believe is different from actual reality and what the People really believe. Every time there is the threat of more legislation that threatens our 2nd Amendment right, the more it fuels law-abiding Americans to buy more firearms, ammo, magazines, and accessories. It is called panic buying. People who have been on the fence about buying firearms are finally jumping in with both feet and existing firearm owners are buying additional firearms and ammo to bolster their inventory before prices spike even more and supply dwindles.

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The media & Dems are working with gun dealers & manufacturers. Y'all been duped again! Buy! Buy! Buy!
    To stay on topic so I don't get repremanded, I'm deciding if 30 round magazines should go in the trash or recycle bin.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    The media & Dems are working with gun dealers & manufacturers. Y'all been duped again! Buy! Buy! Buy!
    To stay on topic so I don't get reprimanded, I'm deciding if 30 round magazines should go in the trash or recycle bin.
    I believe they get recycled. lol

I got my Norma order in today - Thanks to that deal that was posted. :)

Tonight I'm going to try to sight in my PCP and post some photos - not sure if I should keep that Umarex Origin thread going or make my own new one. :)

timc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Reorganizing all of my gun stuff.

Looking for a large rolling chest/cart to store my ammo boxes in.
    I use a Rigid brand jobsite box from Home Depot to store most of my ammo. They have various sizes and they hold a lot of ammo. The boxes can be locked as well

I put most of the ammo in ammo cans and put the cans in the job box.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I use a Rigid brand jobsite box from Home Depot to store most of my ammo. They have various sizes and they hold a lot of ammo. The boxes can be locked as well

I put most of the ammo in ammo cans and put the cans in the job box.
    Might want to reinforce the concrete slab under that job box. Just sayin'. Wouldn't put a big iron wood stove on a regular slab without at least a concrete footer under that slab to support it... so I wouldn't do it without a concrete footer under a half ton job box either

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Finished running the expander mandrel in the 6mm Dasher brass

got all of that .45-70 brass I sized and trimmed sorted by headstamp...even found about 78 new R-P to go with them

burnt some hickory
    IMG_0971.jpg

knocked the primers out of and neck sized about 150 .260 cases... then bumped the shoulders back

IMG_0975.jpg

made a couple of ladders for my 6.5WSM

IMG_0966.jpg

finished up with a .22-250 ladder and a .243 ladder with 80gr TTSX I think Ramshot Hunter is finer than H380

IMG_0977.jpg

never did get around to weight sorting that brick of Tenex I have been shooting out of

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Used to have a TC contender (very accurate in all 3 calibers I had barrels for), but lost barrels and walnut carbine stock set in my house fire in 2007 and sold the pistol that was safe in my safe. Decided to get back into a Contender (should've bought Ridgerunner's Contender that was just sold, but I hesitated and lost out...we've all done that before) Won a stainless G2 frame at auction yesterday and ordered today a 16.25" bbl (in stock) (threaded 5/8x24) from SSK to make a carbine out of it in 300 Blackout.

Next step might be find and buy a pistol grip set for the G2 and have a pistol bbl made in 32 magnum or 327 magnum (I enjoy the 32 cartridge and have a few revolvers in those cartridges) and maybe a 22LR pistol barrel.

Top Bottom