• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bluestocking

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Styx River shooting center at the Wilcox exit (#53) in Alabama. About a 35 minute drive from Pace. If you need large rifle or large Magnum rifle primers, she's got plenty. No small primers of any flavor. Lots of powder and other stuff as well. Only open Wednesday-Sunday until 5pm

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Thank you!

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Got this offer from "American Tactical Sports" via a Guns America email a few weeks back and even though I don't usually bite on offers like this and I didn't need another range bag, I figured what the heck. Even if it wasn't good quality, for the cost of S&H ($14.90) I could find a use for it.

View attachment 94294

It arrived today. I guess theoretically, saying that it's "...perfect for concealing multiple firearms, ammunition and tons of storage for the rest of your gear and clothing" is actually true if it were only for my mouseguns and GI Joe doll's gear and clothing. Otherwise I suppose it could serve as a tactical manpurse. Lesson learned.

Shown with my CZ75 PCR for size comparison.

View attachment 94295

they meant “string handle” not strong handle.

Duckyou

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Cindy needs all the sales she can get right now. Insurance didn't help her one bit. Definitely a good place to get shotgun shells right now, she's got laundry baskets full of loose shells for cheap because the boxes got ruined. I don't shoot there, but she's one of the few people who aren't gouging the hell out of ammo prices when she gets it in. She occasionally gets in 9mm range ammo and it's 12-15$/box instead of 29.99 like my closest shop is. Granted, my closest place actually HAS ammo unlike most places because they're paying premium prices to get it.

where is it? I will go by later this week for some helpful shopping.

it’s Friday - so next week.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    where is it? I will go by later this week for some helpful shopping.

it’s Friday - so next week.
    Styx River shooting center. Take exit 53 of I-10 in Alabama (first exit coming from Florida) turn north from the off ramp and your first right in front of Alabama fireworks world, across from oasis. It's about a mile down the road on the left. Wednesday-Sunday until 5pm. Great people there and best prices around on powder. It's not far from Pensacola, only about 30-35 minutes from Avalon Blvd in Pace/Milton.

Duckyou

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Styx River shooting center. Take exit 53 of I-10 in Alabama (first exit coming from Florida) turn north from the off ramp and your first right in front of Alabama fireworks world, across from oasis. It's about a mile down the road on the left. Wednesday-Sunday until 5pm. Great people there and best prices around on powder. It's not far from Pensacola, only about 30-35 minutes from Avalon Blvd in Pace/Milton.

I may be able to run by Buckees for some ethanol free gas and a chopped brisket sandwich.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I may be able to run by Buckees for some ethanol free gas and a chopped brisket sandwich.
    Definitely a good idea. Buc-ees is the next exit (#49). Cheap gas, even the ethanol free is a lot cheaper there than anywhere else. I run a tank of it every month to clean my fuel system. I go through 3 tanks of gas a week driving from Avalon to Fairhope, Al for work

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    YOU LOOK SOOOOOO TACTICAL !! How many rds you carrying ??
    Next comes a plate carrier and a kevlar helmet under the bed for that . . . bump in the night. (??) ---- SAWMAN

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    YOU LOOK SOOOOOO TACTICAL !! How many rds you carrying ??
    Next comes a plate carrier and a kevlar helmet under the bed for that . . . bump in the night. (??) ---- SAWMAN
    Only 40! Shortened it a bit didn't like it low. Nice holster, fits ruger. Judge and the pmr. Rode 4 wheelers/jeep and worked wearing it. Not conscious of the extra width on my hip yet, bumped a few times but it wasn't a nuisance to carry.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Took my daughter with me to the range. As expected, she loves shooting my new Blackhawk and was disheartened when I took it back so I could shoot it. She and I both agree, however, that loading and unloading is definitely better with a flip out cylinder as opposed to a loading gate, and that the blackhawk needs bigger grips. It's a tack driver for sure, but I'm going to look into grip options. Any recommendations?

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Took my daughter with me to the range. As expected, she loves shooting my new Blackhawk and was disheartened when I took it back so I could shoot it. She and I both agree, however, that loading and unloading is definitely better with a flip out cylinder as opposed to a loading gate, and that the blackhawk needs bigger grips. It's a tack driver for sure, but I'm going to look into grip options. Any recommendations?

I think part of the indulgence of owning/using a SAA type handgun is in the ejecting/reloading. It's like taking time to smell the Roses (or cordite). All things "gun" don't need to be better/faster in comparison, they just need to be enjoyable. YMMV

I deliberately chose the above term "indulgence" because it's old technology though it can still fill several rolls within it's limitations. It brings other things to the table that have long been obscured by the proliferation swing out cyclinder revolvers and magazine fed pistols.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got this offer from "American Tactical Sports" via a Guns America email a few weeks back and even though I don't usually bite on offers like this and I didn't need another range bag, I figured what the heck. Even if it wasn't good quality, for the cost of S&H ($14.90) I could find a use for it.

View attachment 94294

It arrived today. I guess theoretically, saying that it's "...perfect for concealing multiple firearms, ammunition and tons of storage for the rest of your gear and clothing" is actually true if it were only for my mouseguns and GI Joe doll's gear and clothing. Otherwise I suppose it could serve as a tactical manpurse. Lesson learned.

Shown with my CZ75 PCR for size comparison.

View attachment 94295
    Your CZ looks Boss!

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

Does yours disengage the cylinder when the loading gate is open??

Top Bottom