• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    After yesterday,
    I thought about playing Limited, but I'm not sure my pistol is good enough to run against the big dogs, so I'll probably stick to PCC.
    As with anything else, it's in anyone's best interest to run what they run best. For me, and after a few years of actively searching for "the right gun" and having been through many guns, my Wilson Combat 92G just works for me. I will admit that it's a few steps from an M9 (which I don't like), but regardless, I don't live in the desert, and none of my property will ever be neglected the way GI gear is. So, for me, and many people I know, the platform works. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can shoot it in Production, right?

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    And, apparently (according to Marc) remove my mag guide, which is not happening.
    Plus, come on, PCC is SWEET!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I like my CED 8000 shot timer, mainly because it has a headphone jack so I can use it for dry fire without driving my wife up the wall, or in a hotel without disturbing people in adjoining rooms. The only problem is that I have to keep it closed while moving because it flops around, and that causes a whole bunch of false readings due to the two pieces tapping together.

I hate to buy another timer when I already have one, but I think another simple timer would be best for live fire. Plus, then I could keep it in my range bag and/or truck and I wouldn't have to pack up all my crap and run back home to get it, like I had to do yesterday. Another thing to add to my growing gun parts order...

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Yes, but then I have to do many mag changes

Nonsense. Load up your mag and enjoy Limited with your IDPA gear. don't need no fancy toys to put a whoopin cough Steven cough...

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Good point, C!
    The man did get it done, so it is possible. He's on a completely different level though.

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Today, I installed the D spring on my PX4. Without a trigger pull gauge, I can honestly say that to me, side by side, the trigger feels every bit as good as my tuned Brigadier. Oh and my reload carry mag came in as well.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1474333999.548888.jpg
    Is that a 20 round mag, or are you just happy to see me?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1474333999.548888.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1474333999.548888.jpg
      34 KB · Views: 199

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Today, I installed the D spring on my PX4. Without a trigger pull gauge, I can honestly say that to me, side by side, the trigger feels every bit as good as my tuned Brigadier. Oh and my reload carry mag came in as well.
    View attachment 47666
    Is that a 20 round mag, or are you just happy to see me?

Midget gun with a fat ass.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Went by and got the glass engraving for the display box for my latest buid finilized. Then we got the engraving for the ElPaso leather belt finilized. Should be ready to go, by tomorrow.
    Ed

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Went by and got the glass engraving for the display box for my latest buid finilized. Then we got the engraving for the ElPaso leather belt finilized. Should be ready to go, by tomorrow.
    Ed

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    DSCN3159.JPG

Saturday I received my FLIR thermal back (actually they sent a replacement unit) and today, being a sunny day, I took it out to sight it in. My target is black poster board with an aluminum tape square in the middle. The sun gets the black poster board hot, and the aluminum tape square reflects the sun, making that part cooler. Adjust the thermal color palette and crosshair color until you get a nice contrast with the target, and sight the rifle in. I bore sighted the first shot, and it hit to the right. Since there was another shooter present, I couldn't readily walk to the target (56yd away) and measure the exact amount off, so I estimated the amount of windage correction to apply. That was the shot to the left. Making another correction, I then shot the 2 shots in the middle. A touch high at 56yd means my Barnes 110gr blacktip Blackout reloads will hit +/- one inch out to 160yd. Close enough! The furthest night time shot I've done so far was 125yd, and normally closer. I am very happy with how easy this sighting in job was.

Plenty of time left after sighting in the thermal, so I experimented with my RARR 5.56 bolt gun (3-9x Vortex Diamondback scope). Tried various reloads I use in other .223/5.56 rifles, without a suppressor and with 2 makes of suppressors. I did not work up any loads for the RARR, just used existing ones I had on hand. Now, I'm not the best shot! Testing showed it shot smaller groups when suppressed (about a half inch smaller), so I shot suppressed the rest of the time. Both suppressors shot better, with no clear winning suppressor in accuracy. Looks like the RARR is a 2 1/2" 100yd gun with pulled GI M193 bullets (actually, under 3" with pulls is rather good in my opinion). With Sierra 55gr Blitzkings it's 1" (a 1 1/8" group with my Quicksand suppressor and a 7/8" group with my Ark30 suppressor). With RMR 50gr frangible bullets, the average group was 1.875" (2 3/8" and 1 3/8"). Wolf 55gr fmj bullets with WC846 were 1.4"; with WC844 they were 2.2" (only fired 1 group with each powder). With Sierra 65gr Gamekings it was 1 1/2", not including the last group. The last group of the day, shot with the 65gr Gamekings was an incredible to me .39". If I include that last group, then the Gamekings overall would be about 1 1/4". I had been periodically cleaning the bore as I broke the bbl in, and the groups appeared to be slowly decreasing in size as I fired more. I might try the Gamekings on deer, as I've never taken a deer with a .223/5.56. I might chronograph the Sierra 65gr loads tomorrow and plug them into a ballistics program and take a look at the results. There are a lot of positive Internet reports of using that bullet on deer. The Ruger's throat advanced about .017" with the first 2 shots and no further in the subsequent 69 shots. I'm liking that little Ruger. I wonder how well it would shoot with a good shooter using it? The light trigger pull certainly helped.

Attachments

• DSCN3159.JPG
      DSCN3159.JPG
      60.7 KB · Views: 173

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Met up with a guy (kid) this morning and was supposed to sell him one of my Glocks I put up for sale. Asked him prior if he was a Florida resident. Yes he said. Got to the meeting spot, and he was almost 30 mins late. I was already starting to get pissed off then he pulls up and we talk for a second. He says it was his first Glock (I'm betting first gun , period) and I went through it with him. He says "Looks good" , hands me the cash and tried to scurry off. I asked to see his ID and he tells me he doesn't have it with him. I told him I can't sell to him so he pulls out a California drivers license. Said he has been living here since November but never got a Florida ID so that makes him a rez. Told him no go, then he offered to give me $100 more than my asking price haha. I chuckled and got in my car and drove off. Looked in the rear view and the little twirp flipped me off haha.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Met up with a guy (kid) this morning and was supposed to sell him one of my Glocks I put up for sale. Asked him prior if he was a Florida resident. Yes he said. Got to the meeting spot, and he was almost 30 mins late. I was already starting to get pissed off then he pulls up and we talk for a second. He says it was his first Glock (I'm betting first gun , period) and I went through it with him. He says "Looks good" , hands me the cash and tried to scurry off. I asked to see his ID and he tells me he doesn't have it with him. I told him I can't sell to him so he pulls out a California drivers license. Said he has been living here since November but never got a Florida ID so that makes him a rez. Told him no go, then he offered to give me $100 more than my asking price haha. I chuckled and got in my car and drove off. Looked in the rear view and the little twirp flipped me off haha.
    Well played...not today ISIS
    In other news, the "man" installed this today...sooo nice!
    e067cc78401699224a89c2b0d6ff5f2f.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom