• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Hello all!

what first aid should I carry in my EDC bag and in my cars.

I would like to be prepared for an accident. I am normally at the range every week or two.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I typically carry a CAT TQ like the what Crazydoc is selling and keep an IFAK in the truck. North American rescue and Dark Angel med is a good place to find gear.
    I took an emergency medical/trauma course from Scott Yingling last year and it was very informative with some good scenario based training.

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    i am no expert but i have had use of my edc first aid kit when i came across accidents on lonely roads. i used all my gauze to stop surface bleeding and wrap an old mans arms. they were very cut up by the dash/steering wheel. he didnt really need them wrapped but his wife was hysterically adamant. foil blankets for both of them. in the other accident i used a compression bandage to stop bleeding on a leg gash. again, foil blankets. after seeing their benefit i have bought more high quality foil blankets. oh, and a fire extinguisher.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    IMHO A bare minimum would betailored the the "current" Marine IFAK (Two parts: First Aid and Trauma) or Army IFAK. Add a CPR Rescue Mask (Adult/Child) a couple Ace wraps and splint marerial (Sam splint is compact "roll"). There are dozens of pre-fab kits on the market but contents vary, Names may not reflect what's actually in the kit: so read the contents carefully. If you have some left over Rx Pain meds in their original and labeled container you might consider adding them. Same with critical heart meds, Inhalers and EPI injector. Undertand storage temp limits and do Shelf Life rotation.

Amazon is a multi size mix of Ace Wraps in case link does not work.
    Amazon product ASIN B081RSFYM9

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    In the age of everybody having hi cap weapons and practicing mag dumps, everybody should have enough tourniquets in their vehicles for every limb in the vehicle. I know that's a lot, but how much is your life worth? Your children's? Let some perp dump a 30 round mag into your vehicle and you only have one or two tourniquets. Imagine having to triage off one of your kids because you didn't have enough

rootbeer

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    3c medical is owned by gary hughes (formerly of silencerco and dead air) and his Wife ( a nurse practitioner) . awesome kits for any situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It may be helpful to have information about your medical conditions, meds taken, contact # where first responders can find it. I have a sleeve that fits on our seat belts that contains all that and medical directives form.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    A pair of needle nose pliers. Jug of whiskey. Alcohol and some iodine.

Seriously though. These types of posts are great. It's all the little stuff that you really need but don't think about. Made those sandwiches for the river trip but forgot the mustard and the chips. Doh.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    A pair of needle nose pliers. Jug of whiskey. Alcohol and some iodine.

Seriously though. These types of posts are great. It's all the little stuff that you really need but don't think about. Made those sandwiches for the river trip but forgot the mustard and the chips. Doh.

I got the first two...

mustard is NEVER needed!

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm going to submit an Old School Surgical Pouch/Kit for those with knowledge, and a couple of Battle Dressings with Cloth Quick Clot for those without.

The basics of first aid used to be the ability to save a life with just your hands, if it requires a kit of equipment you might have already lost the fight. Just my Blunt Opinion.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I haven’t read here or seen it mentioned....what about using simple ol’ tampons for Center mass bullet wound plugs...?

Last edited:

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Tampons have been shown not work jesus

A regular ifak isnt that expensive and worth every penny.

The big thing is learning how to correctly use the stuff in it
    I haven’t read here or seen it mentioned....what about Ppl aim ol’ tampons for Center mass bullet wound plugs...?
    [/QUOT
    I haven’t read here or seen it mentioned....what about Ppl aim ol’ tampons for Center mass bullet wound plugs...?

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    As far as ifak go, I would carry at least 2 tourniquets, A pressure bandage, chest seal, compressed gauze and tape. Any plastic or impregnable(air tight) material will work for a chest seal. Make sure to tape over the seal and over lap it. Tape is cheap, a life is irreplaceable. And get to higher medical ASAP.

Doc

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You have 4 limbs. I speak a lot from experience, you arent in war but again uou have 4 limbs that could use TQs. I hope never of you would have to use all 4. But it's always better to be prepared than lacking.

Doc

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    i am no expert but i have had use of my edc first aid kit when i came across accidents on lonely roads. i used all my gauze to stop surface bleeding and wrap an old mans arms. they were very cut up by the dash/steering wheel. he didnt really need them wrapped but his wife was hysterically adamant. foil blankets for both of them. in the other accident i used a compression bandage to stop bleeding on a leg gash. again, foil blankets. after seeing their benefit i have bought more high quality foil blankets. oh, and a fire extinguisher.

Combat gauze, celox gauze is what you need for non-compressionable injuries.

You need to pack the wound using the clock method, start at 12 o'clock and pack the wound until you have made your way around it. Pack as much as you can in the wound. Then hold pressure for 3 minutes while observing wound for bleeding. Then use an ace wrap for pressure.

Doc

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Have you ever seen an entrance wound. It's not big enough for a tampon. Center of mass wounds arent acceptable for a tampon or tourniquet. Axillary wounds are great for combat gauze and pressure dressings/ace wraps.

The only thing I used a tampon for was a broken nose.

Doc

Top Bottom