• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyler0421

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Just curious, I have my list and am ready. What am I missing? Food, medicine, gas, propane, guns and ammo. Just curious with everything going on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Bug out? Nope. Like Rebel... I'm gonna dig in like a tick.

I have supplies and will fight in place... that's my fantasy answer.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'm not leaving my home unless it is absolutely necessary. If I do have to leave though and head to the family property in Mississippi, I'm bringing ALL my shit. The chest freezer is going in the bed of the truck with every single bit of frozen meat and veggies I own at the time. ALL of my firearms, ammo, reloading equipment, reloading supplies, hunting gear, fishing gear, and the likes will be with me as well. I'm going this week to get refills on ALL of my medicines, I have heirloom seeds for a few hundred different vegetables and fruits, water purification tablets, life straws, and a distiller for making "essential oils".....I've been hoarding rice and other non perishable foods. Mt truck has a toolbox/fuel tank combo with 12V pump. I'll be filling her up with 75 gallons of gasoline the second it looks like there will be a shortage. I honestly can't think of much else I'll need.

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I forgot to add. I have a 50 cal ammo can made into a makeshift faraday cage. In it I've included a tablet that has the entirety of wikipedia downloaded onto it as well as several reloading manuals and other survival documents. You can load anything on it from maps to wild vegetation that is edible. There's also a solar charger and multiple cell phone, tablet, and other cords for charging various devices and a few rechargeable power banks. You can find multiple online guides for building one of these. Knowledge is power and this thing is much easier to transport than a shit ton of books.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Bruce and I hunted a couple of nights ago. I made it a point to cough on him. He is an ol' fart and will quickly die. I know where he lives and will go over and get all the cool shit that he owns.
    And . . gentlemen . . that there is my comprehensive plan for survival. --- SAWMAN
    ADDED: You could do the same with JJ if you wanted to drive all the way up to Jay . . . .

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I forgot to add. I have a 50 cal ammo can made into a makeshift faraday cage. In it I've included a tablet that has the entirety of wikipedia downloaded onto it as well as several reloading manuals and other survival documents. You can load anything on it from maps to wild vegetation that is edible. There's also a solar charger and multiple cell phone, tablet, and other cords for charging various devices and a few rechargeable power banks. You can find multiple online guides for building one of these. Knowledge is power and this thing is much easier to transport than a shit ton of books.

I have two copys of "back to basics" hard cover, cream in color. I think it's out if print now, you can find em. This book covers just about anything you would ever need to do.

tyler0421

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Bug out? Nope. Like Rebel... I'm gonna dig in like a tick.

I have supplies and will fight in place... that's my fantasy answer.

Well, I would get the hell out of Destin and Head to our property in Alabama. Not necessarily "bugging out" but would want to grab everything needed for months away from home.

tyler0421

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm not leaving my home unless it is absolutely necessary. If I do have to leave though and head to the family property in Mississippi, I'm bringing ALL my shit. The chest freezer is going in the bed of the truck with every single bit of frozen meat and veggies I own at the time. ALL of my firearms, ammo, reloading equipment, reloading supplies, hunting gear, fishing gear, and the likes will be with me as well. I'm going this week to get refills on ALL of my medicines, I have heirloom seeds for a few hundred different vegetables and fruits, water purification tablets, life straws, and a distiller for making "essential oils".....I've been hoarding rice and other non perishable foods. Mt truck has a toolbox/fuel tank combo with 12V pump. I'll be filling her up with 75 gallons of gasoline the second it looks like there will be a shortage. I honestly can't think of much else I'll need.
    Damn son! Id say you have put some thought into this!

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

While we're discussing our fantasy plans... consider this...

You will certainly want some "information back up" in paper/book form. Electronics in a harsh EOTWAWAKI environment are subject to failure.

A Physician's Reference book, Edible Plants Book, and some maps of the SE wouldn't be too cumbersome. I mean you're packing a damn freezer for crying out loud...lol.

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    While we're discussing our fantasy plans... consider this...

You will certainly want some "information back up" in paper/book form. Electronics in a harsh EOTWAWAKI environment are subject to failure.

A Physician's Reference book, Edible Plants Book, and some maps of the SE wouldn't be too cumbersome. I mean you're packing a damn freezer for crying out loud...lol.

You're not wrong. I do have a pile of books that cover everything you mentioned and then some. I only planned to pack the freezer because it would keep everything frozen while unplugged for the 5 hour trip to the property. This is all obviously dooms day SHTF situations. I'd rather be prepared and not need it, than not have anything if shit does go south. I don't think anything will happen in my lifetime to warrant the amount of preparations I've done, and I hope it doesn't ever happen. If it does, I plan on surviving though. I definitely don't take it to the extreme like those folks that have an entire basement FULL of non perishable items and water. I'm more of a natural disaster/pandemic prepper.

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Staying put....

ourhome is ourcastle and i take care of my 89 yr old momma.

And she isn't going anywhere..

So here we stay

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Like a few others, my home is my fortress and we will remain in place. We have food, water, plenty of guns and ammo, batteries, auxillary lighting provisions, propane bottles and stove (to use if need be), and are sitting on higher ground. We live in a culdesac, so only one way in and out. From the roof, I have an excellent line of sight to the corner (entrance).

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Abandon my house with everything in it that I cannot carry. Don't effin think so !!
    Turn it over to the looters and thieves. NOPE !!
    AND - -> my books are in my head. --- SAWMAN

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Like a few others, my home is my fortress and we will remain in place. We have food, water, plenty of guns and ammo, batteries, auxillary lighting provisions, propane bottles and stove (to use if need be), and are sitting on higher ground. We live in a culdesac, so only one way in and out. From the roof, I have an excellent line of sight to the corner (entrance).

on a culdesac... Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. And My Neighbors are friends.. ARMED.. AND OF LIKE MIND. Ohhhhhhhhhhh and ditto to all else above..

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    "five hour trip to the property".....that would be like running a five hour gauntlet, doubt you would make it. Isolated you can be easily picked off. I'm staying right where I am, well armed and defended.

pawpaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My Son refuses to prepare. He's 35. But he DOES have a plan. His plan, as explained to me, is to be one of the zombies who pillage and take from those he can intimidate or overpower. He's serious- so they ARE out there. Now we know why some animals eat their defective young.
    If it hits the fan, my plans are simple: Keep the scuba tanks topped off to go metal-detecting in all the local lakes & rivers for all those weapons lost in boating accidents. I'll have a thriving business in the aftermath, and trade for some of those heirloom seeds.:pray2:

Top Bottom