M1A

Want to have something besides the 22 calibers for home defense
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    The CMR30 is a 30 shot 22 mag, but in relation to your question- its a game getter / fun rifle that still has relatively available ammo at fair pricing. 16 inch barreled 22 mag is no slouch. Im sure it would work for home defense as well. Paired with the PMR30 pistol it would be a practical solution as they use the same mags.. No, I don't plan on rappelling thru a skylight to save the president of the NRA from armed space squid gun grabbers.

Edit- Because we all know only 45ACP kills them.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Edit- Because we all know only 45ACP kills them.
    I think it be could a fine weapon. The main thing is that it be reliable.

If ruger or keltec would make a double column high capacity mag in 30 Tokarev with a spare .38 super barrel, I would be interested.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not buying anything else till we settle the cleaning-oiling products discussion with a firm agreement on what is best! :p
    The correct answers are: Use enough Elbow Grease and "whatever" for cleaning and a lubricant with more viscosity than spit but less than snot; reapply as needed. I think that pretty inclusive. Lol

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I’m pretty much at the point where Sawman is.
    20 or 30 years ago I would go on binges and buy a gun a week or more. Now I’m thinking more about getting rid of some.
    I don’t really have a wanted list but will still pick one up here and there if I see one that strikes my fancy.
    As I get older, I will most likely give the ones that mean the most to me to my grandson and sell the rest.

Reactions: FLT

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I’m pretty much at the point where Sawman is.
    20 or 30 years ago I would go on binges and buy a gun a week or more. Now I’m thinking more about getting rid of some.
    I don’t really have a wanted list but will still pick one up here and there if I see one that strikes my fancy.
    As I get older, I will most likely give the ones that mean the most to me to my grandson and sell the rest.

Don’t sell any of them. Give them all to your grandson.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The correct answers are: Use enough Elbow Grease and "whatever" for cleaning and a lubricant with more viscosity than spit but less than snot; reapply as needed. I think that pretty inclusive. Lol

so sorry but you must get everybody on Forum to agree to this before I can accept it as gospel. It does seem promising though.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've still got some of that democrat self cleaning / self lubing ammo for sale

RR-Thanks for the offer but I have special high porosity barrels and the lubed bullets fill in the pores and makes accuracy go to Hell in a handbasket. As we still have not settled the cleaning-lubing fluids to use I must decline your generous offer.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I too, am long past the routine buying Stage in my life. I have essentials and a few indulgences. I don't "search" anymore but do eyeball things of interest and prices could turn that choice to hot jello. A secondary roadblock is the ammo issue if the firearm is in a cartridge you don't have. Like ammo; retail firearm prices have increased and used asking prices are predominately in the "eye roll" category. Market value, if that's what you call it. That's Three Strikes which preclude my desire for future firearm purchases.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One driver for me to buy firearms is a fear that it will outlawed and I will need it for my defense. I purchased a lever gun in '94 in case they seized my M1 carbine or SKS. I still have both and have continued to buy guns for the day.
    That lever gun is likely going to handy because this time Biden might just do it.

Last edited:

Jeniva

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    HI!
    I am new to the forum and guns in general so my list is less than five. I am considering buying/building:
    1. Glock (preferably 42 or 22)
    2. AR (not sure which kind)
    3. SIG (not sure which kind)

Jeniva

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Can you give me an example of the correct application for the Glock 42?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yes sir.
    For the older guys it is light weight. With the right holster,held appropriately tight with the right belt it can be carried with minimal printing (the buldge on your waist from the firearm and holster).
    While it is "only" a 380Auto,with the proper ammo it is a good defensive pistol at the closer self defense/home defense ranges which I consider 15yds MAX.
    They also hold enough ammo to be disbursed equally between two bad guys. If one bad guy you have plenty of "shoot them to the ground" ammo. I carry one extra mag reload. However the mags are so small and light weight you could quite easily carry two.
    You can get a set of night sights for the gun or like mine,you could install a Lasermax Guide Rod Laser.
    The recoil and muzzle flip is minimal if you install a Pierce mag extension. I use the + zero extensions but you can get the +1's which would give you one extra round per mag.
    Check out the 42's. ---- SAWMAN

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I have three more to sell to make
    FIVE SOLD....

Had too many. Hate to see one collecting dust...

Top Bottom