• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gonzolee10

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Woke up to a call from my neighbor this morning informing me that the mailbox that I just replaced 6 months ago had been hit, yet again, by a car in the night! That's the 3rd mailbox in 2 years! I can tell you that this time whoever hit it sure as hell knows it. Snapped a 6x6 in half! Next up, concrete filled parking lot ballards on either side of it.

Attachments

• 20240324_092434.jpg
      20240324_092434.jpg
      3.5 MB · Views: 68

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I went round and round with the state highway man about mine. I set mine in concrete inside a 16" piece of PVC pipe topped with soil for climbing vines and 2 metal trellis'. Since I'm on a state hwy, he won. That was a bitch to dig up. You ought to find an old tractor implement to weld one to!

Gonzolee10

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    I went round and round with the state highway man about mine. I set mine in concrete inside a 16" piece of PVC pipe topped with soil for climbing vines and 2 metal trellis'. Since I'm on a state hwy, he won. That was a bitch to dig up. You ought to find an old tractor implement to weld one to!
    not a bad idea

Combatcarl43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    NICE!! Thats a strong mailbox pole there!

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I used a 14” diameter telephone pole, it’s only buried about 12” deep and sets on the edge of the right of way. It’s impressive looking but if it was hit it’s going to fall over and get hung up under the vehicle that hits it hopefully.

Reactions: FLT

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I used a 14” diameter telephone pole, it’s only buried about 12” deep and sets on the edge of the right of way. It’s impressive looking but if it was hit it’s going to fall over and get hung up under the vehicle that hits it hopefully.
    I know for sure that a Honda civic will high center on a telephone pole mail box post.

Top Bottom