• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Put a spring kit in the ar today. Utube is your friend for sure. Took me alittle more than 15 min but I got it done. Not sure about the kit because half of one leg is cut off on the hammer spring but if I get light strikes there are ways to fix that. Like put the old spring back in.

It was a cheap $17 spring kit off ebay. The other spring looks like it should ,but what a diffrence. Don't have a gauge but I am guessing around 3 lbs and clean

Thanks TennJeap for the build.:cheer2:

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No something diffrent. I think some guy bought a bunch of springs and is selling them as a kit. It was only $17 dollars with free shipping. You only get 2 springs. The trigger spring and the hammer spring and he cuts about 1/2 off of the right hand leg on the hammer spring. Didn't like the looks of it at first but his reviews are good.

SOOO after I get to shoot it for awhile I will see,but for the price I didn't figure I could do wrong and the trigger resets ok when dry firing . I have shot a couple ARs with the more expensive trigger jobs and I would put it up agint them any time. He is selling them on Ebay .

Edit Looked up sellers name and it is bunkerrec

Last edited:

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thought about that but he claims he has never had any problems with tha hard primers He talked about them on his site. It feels good enough that you can bet I'll get something figured out if I have any problems. It feels every bit as good as your 6.8 trigger. When I get back we will have to compare them.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thats what I thought to John but put it in anyway. Tell you the truth I still don't know what I think about it. Guess I'll just try it and see. Let everyone know in about 5000 rounds. It's just a range gun or IDPA. Won't be stakeing my life on it.

Mr. Katanga

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sounds like somebody is trying to rip people off selling broken hammer springs, ive had to fix at least 5 ARs now with "sweet triggers" which were just broken hammer springs. The trigger may feel a little better but your asking for trouble with light strikes. Last one I fixed I got an entire spring kit for 8.50.

The Pitt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    sounds like you got a cut factory hammer spring but hey it works. if you have any problems jump on the JP yellow springs, theyre actually cheaper then what you paid.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    :cheer2: If it helps the hammer spring was red. You have to remember where I am and the lack of good gun shops or even a good gunsmith. All I ever heard on here was $35 dollar kits and when I can save a dime I have to. SSI only goes so far. Calabrated Steps and several others said they would help me and I apreacated that.

Like everything else I do when I get it done there is a cheaper way after I do it. Been alot of thlk about $250 dollar triggers and that is out of the question for me for the way the gun will be used.

No matter how this turns out I have 1 good spring and now know how to change them.. Yea Raw Team for me now.:cheer2:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Great,Now I find the cheap stuff. O Well

The $35 trigger job consists of the springs John linked and the trigger adjuster screw they also sell that takes most the creep out if the trigger. You can get by even cheaper if you use a set screw on top of the grip screw, instead of buying the trigger adjuster screw.

Here is the link with better info: http://gulfcoastgunforum.com/showthread.php?t=9814

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Tenn maybe you don't remember this build. There is NO CREAP. I thought maybe you did that to this one. I haven't torn the grip down but there isn't any creap. No slack in the trigger. Is it falling apart. John shot it and even thought you might have polished some of the parts. They are shiney.. Grab the wrong one on the way out of the house?????

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Tenn maybe you don't remember this build. There is NO CREAP. I thought maybe you did that to this one. I haven't torn the grip down but there isn't any creap. No slack in the trigger. Is it falling apart. John shot it and even thought you might have polished some of the parts. They are shiney.. Grab the wrong one the way out of the house?????

I don't remember what it felt like, but I didn't do any thing to it other than polish the sear surfaces. That's good that it doesn't have any creep.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom