Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

Waterfowl Shotgun....

Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

snakeoil

Reaction score
What would you buy in a semi auto loader for Waterfowl gunning?

bpreston

Reaction score
I have a Winchester SX4 and love it. Worth a look at least. Light weight, soft shooting, easy to break down and clean after being in nasty conditions.

I also prefer gas guns because I’ve had terrible experience with inertia driven guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John B.

Reaction score
A benelli super black eagle II is arguably the best waterfowl gun ever made. I have several hunting buddies that have them and love them.

I have a Browning A5 wicked wing 12g that eats everything I put in it. Never had a jam, though I do spray it with ballistol after every hunt, and will take the gun apart if it gets submerged.

I also have a benelli M2 20g that I like a lot. It's only had about 2 boxes of shells through it and but hasn't had a problem.

All guns will fail when dropped in the mud, or without routine cleaning.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Boogan1

Reaction score
I shoot a Benelli SBE1 and a Benelli M1 super 90 for waterfowl. Neither have ever given a moments trouble and even with magnum loads the recoil is soft. I even shot a duck one handed one time with the super 90. If you can't fork out that kind of cash I hear really good things about the Stoeger 3500 shotgun which is very similar to the SBE and Stoeger is owned by Benelli. I think you can get into a Stoeger for under $700.

G-rat

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
this is older but i'll jump in... love my browning maxus.

Toggle Sidebar

Latest posts

Sponsors

3rd Coast

Members online