• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jugdish

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    from what I read, I believe there is a "grandfathered" type deal with high capacity mags.. with that being said, you have to provide PROOF that the mag was purchased prior to the ban.. I believe a picture dating back from the time the ban is enforced" suffice..

So in other words, make sure to take a bunch of pictures of all your magazines and post it on a forum or Instagram to show proof and date stamp LOL
    This all depends on how it will be enforced. We were told the same thing in CO, take pics/keep receipts, etc.., but our local sheriff said it wasn't really enforceable and it is not like anyone is asking for your pics/receipts if they see a high capacity magazine. The only way it would be an issue is if they had any other legal reason to find out you had them. Kind of like not wearing your seat belt. You won't be pulled over for it but if you get pulled over for something else they will also get you for not wearing it.

This is still a pain in the rear but this is all about politics and trying to "look like" you care. If they really cared they would work on the issues that are causing people to commit these heinous crimes. Guns are less accessible today than any other time in US history but people today have less respect for themselves and others than any other time as well. Politicians do not want to get to the heart of the matter because it then exposes what they are trying to ignore.

RYCatman

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    from what I read, I believe there is a "grandfathered" type deal with high capacity mags.. with that being said, you have to provide PROOF that the mag was purchased prior to the ban.. I believe a picture dating back from the time the ban is enforced" suffice..

So in other words, make sure to take a bunch of pictures of all your magazines and post it on a forum or Instagram to show proof and date stamp LOL

That was originally in one of the amendments as was 17 rounds limit (still stupid).

At the last minute they dropped all of the amendments and there is no penalty for possession and no proof necessary to show when you obtained an item. You can’t buy new ones, but you’re allowed to take what you have and return from out of state with them.

No one besides a bunch of really old people who don’t understand this supports it. I watched some of the support and against testimony for this yesterday and overwhelming opinion is this bill is trash. Public commentary against broke state records….

1cb7bb9f759215cd518f63c861884a06.jpg

Hopefully the house just lets this die in committee and after March 10 we can move on to replacing these people at the ballot box!

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    That was originally in one of the amendments as was 17 rounds limit (still stupid).

At the last minute they dropped all of the amendments and there is no penalty for possession and no proof necessary to show when you obtained an item. You can’t buy new ones, but you’re allowed to take what you have and return from out of state with them.

No one besides a bunch of really old people who don’t understand this supports it. I watched some of the support and against testimony for this yesterday and overwhelming opinion is this bill is trash. Public commentary against broke state records….

1cb7bb9f759215cd518f63c861884a06.jpg

Hopefully the house just lets this die in committee and after March 10 we can move on to replacing these people at the ballot box!
    You're a long way from home... Welcome aboard. How did you hear about this forum? Anything in the legislation about private parties mailing mags to other private parties in WA?

RYCatman

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Importation of any kind would be prohibited if adopted.

Thanks, I travel to TX & LA for business regularly, but live in Redmond , WA.

The good news is the Supreme Court will likely be putting the smack down on NY and CA this summer to early fall and in doing so, invalidate all of these stupid state amendments.

Top Bottom