• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0

Tige

Who/where (born visible, identify as Trans-parent)
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Washington used to be a great state. Californians Moving in contributed to its downfall. Stay situationally aware brethren.

drc2777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Big shame, considering I got friends up there and the state is super lovely, spent a decent amount of time in and out. So far I've heard that it's gotten approved by their Senate, but not the House, so it might have a chance of deflecting? *big doubt*

Then again, this is the same state that banned self-defense coverage as "murder insurance."

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Doesn't ban possession, so those guys will just go buy their hicap mags out of state. Unless there's a sting operation and they're caught red handed selling, or there's a confession, there's no way to enforce this anyways because mags aren't serialized. What I wonder about is whether or not the LEO's there became limited mag capacity too?

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I predict an uptick in hicap full auto air gun sales there. They just became viable self defense options, given the 50+ round mags shooting steel projectiles at like 500+ rounds a minute. And semiauto paintball guns with 200+ round hoppers full of 60 caliber marbles at 400+ feet per second. Super Soakers full of bleach or gas. Fire extinguisher size cans of mace. All of which have higher cyclic rates than firearms in Washington now

Last edited:

jugdish

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    No more interweb sales. That's about it.
    Silly,stoopid,liberal feel good law. ---- SAWMAN
    Yep it is really internet sales that are affected. When we lived In Colorado, the county sheriff is what enforce this so it really depends on each county with local sales but sheriffs even publicly said it's not enforceable.

Statewide, stores could still stock them because military & LEO could buy them. In most stores the high capacity mags would have a sign near them saying "military/ LEO only" but they would sell them to anyone.

Even with internet, it's really only the purchasing of individual mags because internet stores would not ship to you. For guns, you just needed to buy from someone who put the responsibility on your local FFL. I had a local FFL that said "whatever comes in the box is yours".

Based on my experience, these laws are only a nuisance & not enforceable but they really are a nuisance, for sure. It is a pain in the rear to have to deal with & navigate. Those laws are one of many reasons we moved out of CO.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

maxfold

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Doesn't ban possession, so those guys will just go buy their hicap mags out of state. Unless there's a sting operation and they're caught red handed selling, or there's a confession, there's no way to enforce this anyways because mags aren't serialized. What I wonder about is whether or not the LEO's there became limited mag capacity too?
    You mean Similar to ruby ridge a Sting / practice training session ?

LordPorter1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep it is really internet sales that are affected. When we lived In Colorado, the county sheriff is what enforce this so it really depends on each county with local sales but sheriffs even publicly said it's not enforceable.

Statewide, stores could still stock them because military & LEO could buy them. In most stores the high capacity mags would have a sign near them saying "military/ LEO only" but they would sell them to anyone.

Even with internet, it's really only the purchasing of individual mags because internet stores would not ship to you. For guns, you just needed to buy from someone who put the responsibility on your local FFL. I had a local FFL that said "whatever comes in the box is yours".

Based on my experience, these laws are only a nuisance & not enforceable but they really are a nuisance, for sure. It is a pain in the rear to have to deal with & navigate. Those laws are one of many reasons we moved out of CO.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
    It’s a pain for the FFL dealers, they can’t move guns with high cap mags now and it kills their price points. They have to source cali mags for all weapons in stock or sell them at a loss with no mags.

LordPorter1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    all you you old enough to remember the Clinton ban remember what it did to the gun market. It drives up prices and hurts the sport. My old man used to always say they won’t take them they will price us out of the ammo and ownership of them. It’s already begun, what a shame. Good news is it’s only a liberal state and not federal wide like the last ban

Va boy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In My Opinion:
    To vote, a person should have to pass a basic subject matter knowledge test. It could be a series of questions on the ballot prior to filling in the actual votes portion. As the ballet is swept into the reader, an incorrect subject matter test answer nullifies the persons vote on that question only. They may still be correct and their vote may count on other portions of their ballot. This way, people who have no gun knowledge can't skew 2A votes with their feel-good rights slashing.
    If this takes off, I'm going to go ahead and say "you heard it here first" and declare a verbal copyright.

RYCatman

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It does still have to pass in the house (which is likely in my opinion).

That said, we can hope these “laws” get struck down as unconstitutional or that many of the incumbents in WA are defeated this fall.

Regardless, the whole thing is designed to make it inconvenient to buy a gun, which it will achieve to some degree.

It’s all just political theater….

3blamo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    from what I read, I believe there is a "grandfathered" type deal with high capacity mags.. with that being said, you have to provide PROOF that the mag was purchased prior to the ban.. I believe a picture dating back from the time the ban is enforced" suffice..

So in other words, make sure to take a bunch of pictures of all your magazines and post it on a forum or Instagram to show proof and date stamp LOL

LordPorter1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In My Opinion:
    To vote, a person should have to pass a basic subject matter knowledge test. It could be a series of questions on the ballot prior to filling in the actual votes portion. As the ballet is swept into the reader, an incorrect subject matter test answer nullifies the persons vote on that question only. They may still be correct and their vote may count on other portions of their ballot. This way, people who have no gun knowledge can't skew 2A votes with their feel-good rights slashing.
    If this takes off, I'm going to go ahead and say "you heard it here first" and declare a verbal copyright.
    We have to get the states to require ID and proof of citizenship first, but I agree this would work. The fact not all states do and saying people should have a to prove they have the right to vote is considered voter suppression is ridiculous.

jugdish

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    It’s a pain for the FFL dealers, they can’t move guns with high cap mags now and it kills their price points. They have to source cali mags for all weapons in stock or sell them at a loss with no mags.

That is true but I guess it will depend on how it will be enforced locally as I didn't see that where I lived in CO. In the area I lived in CO, you bought a firearm that came with high capacity mag, that is what you got. Handguns where more difficult to find with >15 rounds but not rifles.

jugdish

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    In My Opinion:
    Speaking of having ANY gun knowledge, one of the CO reps, back in 2013 when they were banning high capacity magazines, didn't realize that magazines where reusable. She said, "..if you ban them in the future, the number of these high-capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time, because the bullets will have been shot and there won’t be any more available.

Top Bottom