• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    The other cool thing about the PPQ (M2) is the slide release and the mag release can both be utilized from address, with no movement of the firing hand or the pistol. Reloads are a breeze and quicker back on target. Just wish I could find a stainless recoil assembly.

highcard45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got this Walther WMP (Walther Magnum Pistol I am guessing) middle of last year. It is awesome. 15 rounds of 22 magnum at your disposal. It’s a full size gun. I have not had any problems with it at all, other than you better make sure your ears are on.
    Also, last week I picked up a “used” Walther PPK/S in 22 long rifle that looked unfired with the box, all the paperwork, etc. I ran about 100 rounds through it last week with a couple of different manufacturers of 22 ammo. It works best with stuff that goes at 1200 ft./s or better. And after over 100 rounds it was extremely clean inside when I took it apart. And it’s way more enjoyable to shoot than a PPK/S in 380 ACP which I got rid of only for that reason.

Attachments

• IMG_8351.jpeg
      IMG_8351.jpeg
      536 KB · Views: 29

Imnotbruce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I got this Walther WMP (Walther Magnum Pistol I am guessing) middle of last year. It is awesome. 15 rounds of 22 magnum at your disposal. It’s a full size gun. I have not had any problems with it at all, other than you better make sure your ears are on.
    Also, last week I picked up a “used” Walther PPK/S in 22 long rifle that looked unfired with the box, all the paperwork, etc. I ran about 100 rounds through it last week with a couple of different manufacturers of 22 ammo. It works best with stuff that goes at 1200 ft./s or better. And after over 100 rounds it was extremely clean inside when I took it apart. And it’s way more enjoyable to shoot than a PPK/S in 380 ACP which I got rid of only for that reason.
    Mind posting a picture of the proof mark on the reverse side.

Imnotbruce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Different proofing houses tend to showcase which factory and which side of Walther (Owned by Umarex USA) produced the gun. The antler is the Ulm proof mark (common on HKs and "Walther" Walthers) the Shields are Cologne (typically associated with Umarex)

Most of Walther's 22lrs are proofed in Cologne so I was curious if the WMP would come from Ulm or Cologne.

Attachments

• Proofs.PNG
      Proofs.PNG
      38.5 KB · Views: 21

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Any case bulges on spents??

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I like Walthers and think they have done a great job expanding their presence in the US.

For a long time their PPS was the only slim 9MM pistol on the market and I carried one for a number of years in the summer. It's basically a G43 but the OEM 6-7-8rd magazines were very nice in the PPS. I still have it in case I need a carry gun to travel to magazine restricted states.

SingleAction

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm going to admit something I'm not proud of, I have slept on Walther and paid no attention to Walther's pistols. H&K, Beretta, Glock, and plethora other handguns have caught my attention but I have never really seen the appeal in Walther pistols; until now. I've found myself digging into the PDP expecting a Glock clone (polymer, striker fired, 9mm) and not being very impressed, but this led to learning about the P99 and all I can say is WOW. What a handgun, the P99as never came up when I was learning about H&K LEM triggers when it should be in the same discussions. I've read the P99 shares parts with the PPQ and PDP enough that you can swap the slide and frames from these guns with minimal effort to make a hybrid gun that will work fine.
    I don't know the details about swapping parts between different Walther pistols and I imagine there's some work on your part to stick the P99 trigger in a PPQ or PDP (AS/decocker) but I'd like to hear about your experiences with Walther handguns. Please post anything related to Walther handguns stories, facts, and pictures are all welcome.
    For me, Walther innovation peaked with the P99 ... or simply stopped. It's understandable as they are a modestly sized company that can no longer afford to make the radical (risky) design decisions they once seemed to do on the regular. If you appreciate older designs or collect, check out the P88, P5 and variants. Very weird. Very cool.

ADCreHePDe0fwQNwsTK4vhxF-jQEtDKlaQmSDIE48CDCat_dsCJb-yLOxfQDAFyYKOTkYpNUh0IBHvL-TcPtK4Bku1v1lQY3wVGSHfeeSPRhD2DnzeS9GIqb=w2400

My only two Walthers above are a 1968 PPK in .32 ACP and a 9mm P99c AS which I carry almost daily. I'm a fan of traditional double action, and the P99c scratches the itch for a short, concealable 9mm with a double action first trigger pull. The PPK is a French manufactured post war commercial model identical to the one Timothy Dalton used in The Living Daylights, the James Bond film I watched the most growing up.

Imnotbruce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Distinguished gentlemen, I would like to present the P99DP for your viewing. The PDP slide fits onto the P99 frame like it was made for it.
    Why?
    Because the paddle mag release is superior and the AS trigger loses DA but retains the long travel and butter smooth P99 SA trigger. Also the PDP frame has wings under the trigger guard/mag release that offend my knuckle.
    I tested it earlier and it works just fine but I've heard that if the slide is hit hard enough from the back the AS lever will cause a dead trigger.
    I can not emphasize how nice this trigger is.

Attachments

• 20231201_200010.jpg
      20231201_200010.jpg
      284.2 KB · Views: 35
    Top Bottom