• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think the store manger makes the difference , in areas that have more than 1 store some have good sporting goods departments and others always seem to be in a state of disarray.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Brewton and Monroeville both were empty cases. Maybe gun sale guys were off? Werid.
    Guns are displayed regardless. Just hope you don't find what you need when they are off. Not everyone can process a background check there. No holds either. I lost a shotgun like that. Come back when the manager was on duty and gun was sold. BS

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In all honesty, I'd be OK if they stopped selling 'em all together 'cause I have not purchased a single item from their gun/sporting section in years, and in protest against their policy of deciding what I can have. Last straw was the pulling of all ammunition they thought could be used in an "assault" weapon.

If it weren't for maintaining peace/unity with the wife, I wouldn't buy there at all, but... Every time I walk in there I feel like I'm walking into nancy pelosi's store. FWM.

Bodhi

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    In all honesty, I'd be OK if they stopped selling 'em all together 'cause I have not purchased a single item from their gun/sporting section in years, and in protest against their policy of deciding what I can have. Last straw was the pulling of all ammunition they thought could be used in an "assault" weapon.

If it weren't for maintaining peace/unity with the wife, I wouldn't buy there at all, but... Every time I walk in there I feel like I'm walking into nancy pelosi's store. FWM.
    I hear ya. I’ve been know to spend my hard earned money locally at mom and pop stores than at a Walmart. But sometimes we just don’t have a choice b/c they have put some smaller stores out of business.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    What did you get? I remember hearing of some awsome deals.
    All I scored was a S&W AR.22 for IIIRC was around 149,00??-less than 200.00
    I got a Remington 870 Tactical for less than $200. I think I got another gun but can’t remember what it was.
    Bought a bunch of ammo but had a weak moment and left some for others.
    IMG_5943.jpeg
    IMG_5941.jpeg
    IMG_5940.jpeg

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    When I go into Walmart, which isn't very often I use the super store at 9th and Creighton. I would peruse what they had in ammo. I can't remember when I saw a fire are there. Several years for sure. So it may be a manager discretion thing.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Yes it seems to be manager thing sometimes. and that was when they decided to stop selling assault weapons and handgun ammo

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Probably 35 years ago I was in the Hwy 29 Walmart towards the end of hunting season and they were clearing out hunting guns.
    They had Remington 7400s and Browning BARs for $288.
    I bought the last 2 BARs they had. (.308s)

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hear ya. I’ve been know to spend my hard earned money locally at mom and pop stores than at a Walmart. But sometimes we just don’t have a choice b/c they have put some smaller stores out of business.
    Totally agree. They've become the "company store" for most of us.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Very Good Point !

Top Bottom