• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I needed to send a trigger back to Timney for service. The girl behind the counter, made a huge production and asked me to leave! ups store across from mall on bayou. I had to ship some other packages and wound up at another UPS store. I inquired about "parts shipping and was told " you have to go to mikes gun shop. WTF I have to pay a FFL fee to ship a trigger?

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Just put them in a box, wrap them well so they do not move around, go to the Post Office and ship it by Priority Mail. I do not know why the UPS stores told you to go to Mike's. When they asked what the contents were, all you had to say was "some small machine parts" and not mention anything related to a firearm. They merely displayed their ignorance and it caused you an inconvenience that you should not have had to endure.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    what he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yea it free to start an account with FedEx, UPS, and USPS. They will even ship you free boxes...

Get you an account with each and stop paying them UPS Stores to pack things for you. What a rip off...

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I ship all my machine parts and plumbing supplies via FedEx ground or 2nd day delivery. Furthermore, no questions asked = no problems.

BTW, they have never asked what I'm shipping, just shipping preference and if I want the item insured.

The do-dad with the serial number is handled differently.

Last edited:

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Several years back I sold a handgun online to Dury's Gun Shop in San Antonio, and they sent me a box with a pre-addressed UPS call tag (delivered by UPS). I packed the box and had the UPS driver come back a few days later to pick it up... no fuss, no muss, and no cost to me.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    if you print the label at home it is cheaper than going to the UPS store by the way. I go to the ups store with all my boxes and all they ask is if i want a receipt...I shake my head up and down and they print me out a receipt.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wilson combat ship they parts thru ups. So what's the differents I use the postal service they cheaper to me .

305RSlc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The girl behind the counter, made a huge production and asked me to leave!

This ^^^^^. I probably would have responded in kind with phrases like "Un-American" or "Communist." Not shipping a part as policy is one thing and politely informing the customer of such would be perfectly fine. Purposely shaming a person due to ownership of a firearm and associated parts is asinine at best and terms for termination at worst. Seems these type of situations are happening more and more from browsing the news and forums.

If this was a younger gal, I would suggest to her she has a bright future as a campaign aid for the Elizabeth Warren push for POTUS in 2016. :yell:

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I would notify the manager/owner that this will not be tolerated!

Apparently the UPS stores aren't allowed to ship ammo either. You have to go to a hub for that. Got into a huge argument with the manager at a store then he showed me on the website that states the UPS stores can't ship ammo. Still wasn't happy with it. But whatever.

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    he gave me a sheet of what they will ship. ammo is NO. He told me insurance companies made it too expensive. Mail boxes etc. decided to stop shipping anything to do with a firearm. I use the ups store several times a year ( big family) shipping just for Christmas is right at $200. I guess its going to be at the hub this year and cut the store out. NO UPS ? MAILBOXES ETC. sorry folks

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apparently the UPS stores aren't allowed to ship ammo either. You have to go to a hub for that. Got into a huge argument with the manager at a store then he showed me on the website that states the UPS stores can't ship ammo. Still wasn't happy with it. But whatever.

Dang Doc," Did I do That??" sorry === Hey Don't ask Don't tell!!

Top Bottom