• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So just to let everyone know....

I'm still having seizures. I'm now on 3 types of anti-seizure meds now. Having about 1-2 a week.

I'm still recovering from my spinal surgery also. I have about 25-30 degrees of movement to either side when I turn my head.

I'm not allowed to drive, shoot, operate any kind of machinery or be in a decision making position in the army.

My wife (best in the world) has to help me shower and go up the stairs here at the house. She makes sure I take my meds, because I'm not a medication type person.

A lot has fallen on her these days due to me not being able to drive to run errands and such. She still works full time as a teacher at the high school here now.

We decided to stay in CO until youngest is done HS. He has 3 years left. We are buying a house here now to make some money. The real estate market here is crazy. Most houses are selling in a day or less. The area we are looking I'm has been going up on average of about 15k a year.

Once my son graduates HS we will be moving to FL for good.

I just had my medical exam by the VA and army last week and lookimg at 100% disability from the VA but only 30% from the army since they only evaluate my seizures as to why I cant serve any more.

My wife will become my caregiver and will also receive monies from the VA which will help also.

My oldest is a junior at University of Scranton in PA as a psychology major with a minor in education.

My middle son will be 18 in May this year. He is autistic and will be living with us for the rest of his life. He is excited to purchase his first gun though for sure, he keeps bugging me about it.

It's been a roller coaster for the past 13 months now for sure. I've kinda become the house bitch and do the cleaning and such here. It's not too bad.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Doc

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I was a lifer, and I struggled with the transition when I got medically separated at 22 years old. All I'd ever wanted to be was a GI Joe for life. I'd been in uniform since the summer I turned 14, with NJROTC orientation. I made up my mind to see it as "I'm not done serving my country. I'm just transferring to the home front." Giving myself a mission to help others helped a lot with my general health and well being. Find yourself a mission. Maybe volunteer at the USAF auxiliary CAP Civil Air Patrol or maybe hang around your local volunteer fire department. The volunteer HAM radio operators are always a welcome addition to the EOC effort, too, and that's a desk job. If you handle that well, you might could get a paying job as a 911 operator. Up in Maine I found an all volunteer search and rescue unit, fresh off of the Burton man hunt. That was fun for a few years.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    DOC! I have been waiting to hear from you and to come over and visit, so disappointed you are staying there but understand you do things for the family. So sorry your treatment is not doing better, keep hounding them and get that rating up from the Army so you can collect retirement and VA.

Prayers go out to you and the Family, stay strong.I will try to stick around for your move here!

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry to hear of this, I hope and pray things will get better for you in the near future.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Reading stuff like this is really scary. It could happen to any of us in a heartbeat. Take care of yourself. Sounds like you have some good help in that department!

Top Bottom