• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boardfeet

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What if the firearm you are selling is not registered to you. You bought it from an individual with a BOS, or just a handshake? Or maybe it has been in your family for years.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feds don't know what you previously purchased privately or from FFL unless the FFL closed up shop and turned in his Records or doing a firearm Trace, that is only a snapshot of a previous purchase. If Fed are once again keeping illegal records, that evidence is tainted, same as a unlawful search. So what you actually own is as private as what you post on social media (oops) but that too is a snapshot, firearms chang hands all the time. I've helped several gal pal's get their FWFL nd Train. They own one handgun and if there's had to go to the factory or Shop: I would gladly loan them a handgun as long as needed, FFLs don't stay open 24/7. There's no procedure in any universl background check Law for a firearms Loan between private citizens. These screwed laws can also be construed to "possession" as commonly applied to drugs: Found in your car = its yours. You have an adult babysitter in your home. You also have a hidden unsecured gun, does babysitter have possession of that firearm without a proper transfer? What if you told the babysitter where the gun is to protect the kids?

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What if the firearm you are selling is not registered to you. You bought it from an individual with a BOS, or just a handshake? Or maybe it has been in your family for years.
    None are my firearms are registered. Their serial numbers are on a form 4473 and currently there is no legal compilation of serial numbers that is accessible to the FBI NICS system. There are lists of stolen guns and there are a lot of old guns with no serial number on them.
    The Universal background check is repressive, but lets not be chicken little here until there is factual reason to be so.
    The law is yet to go through the senate and changes are possible to the wording of this Bill.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "The Universal background check is repressive, but lets not be chicken little here until there is factual reason to be so.
    The law is yet to go through the senate and changes are possible to the wording of this Bill."

Its not chicken little to speculate, question the scope and oppoose pending legislative action. You have expressed your roll over belly up positions on tentative gun control measures before. Universal Background Check Laws are in place in several States their general objectives and content is well known. Please tell us what parts we don't need to be concerned about. You really endorse waiting till the language/text is finalized and ready for a Vote before expressing opposition?

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    They should just write laws that make murder, rape, and armed robbery illegal unless you have a police officer sign a form. THAT'll stop those criminals. Because, stay with me here because this is important: the form is just an excuse to get the idiots to turn themselves in and make it easier to stop them!

Wait... I blacked out for a second. What was I talking about?

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Its not chicken little to speculate, question the scope and oppoose pending legislative action. You have expressed your roll over belly up positions on tentative gun control measures before. Universal Background Check Laws are in place in several States their general objectives and content is well known. Please tell us what parts we don't need to be concerned about. You really endorse waiting till the language/text is finalized and ready for a Vote before expressing opposition?
    start with with this
    'What if the firearm you are selling is not registered to you' In the gulf coast which is most of 'of the members' our fire arms are not registered.
    I endorse talking with you legislators with the facts in hand. I try to establish what are the facts so I will know what I am talking about.
    Right now I am most concerned with the vagaries of the law and also I am most worried what the ATF and DOJ will be doing with it once it goes into their ruling books and the code of federal regulations.
    I sure as heck will not openly state I will violate federal law by force of arms on social media as many have stated.
    Call it roll over if you want. Making such statements establish cause/justification as to what means a federal swat team can employ if they ever decide to pay one of us a visit.
    Some of the members that have family living with them are just not thinking things through.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    UNLESS its a NFA ITEM there is no FEDERAL or FLORIDA State FIREARMS REGISTRATION, they're all UNREGISTERED as far as the Feds and Florida are concerned. Stop misstating the LAW. NFA Item transfers are all ready specifically regulated and that is not what Universal Background Check Laws/Legislation are about.

There's a major difference between opposing legislation from conception until after the law gets voted on/or even after if it Passes: 100% lawful. Violating a Criminal Law when it becomes effective is unlawful. The former "opposition" IS NOT Cause or Justification for Swat to come raid your house: right there Sir; YOUR doing the chicken little B.S., maybe hopping for a belly rub.

How about trying to "think it through" without incorrect assumptions of nonexistent registrations and being silenced by self imposed fear?

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    UNLESS its a NFA ITEM there is no FEDERAL or FLORIDA State FIREARMS REGISTRATION, they're all UNREGISTERED as far as the Feds and Florida are concerned. Stop misstating the LAW. NFA Item transfers are all ready specifically regulated and that is not what Universal Background Check Laws/Legislation are about.

There's a major difference between opposing legislation from conception until after the law gets voted on/or even after if it Passes: 100% lawful. Violating a Criminal Law when it becomes effective is unlawful. The former "opposition" IS NOT Cause or Justification for Swat to come raid your house: right there Sir; YOUR doing the chicken little B.S., maybe hopping for a belly rub.

How about trying to "think it through" without incorrect assumptions of nonexistent registrations and being silenced by self imposed fear?
    Sir can you not read and comprehend and I state explicitly firearms are not registered in our area.
    Some of what was said.
    Quoting the original post that I responded to 'What if the firearm you are selling is not registered to you'
    I stated
    In the gulf coast which is most of ' the members' our fire arms are not registered.

I frankly do not have the patience to answer the rest of your post.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    "Universal" means every transaction between honest people.

Whether you believe that a list isn't being compiled or not, it's CURRENTLY illegal for the Feds to have one. However, that could change.

A "universal" reason to put every firearms transaction through a fed database is a simple step to a National Registry.

How? Well, did anyone get to vote down when they changed the questions on the 4473? No. "Just admin and editing, nothing to see here."
    Now they ask if you identify as an "it" on the form. How hard would it be to mandate more information to the NICS interface for the "background check"? Just more admin and modernization of the already-approved standard form 4473. Nothing to see here...

Only a short-sighted FOOL or a fully-aware TRAITOR would support this huge stepping stone to a National Registry. Murderers and violent criminals get their firearms predominantly through already illegal means; no NICS check for them anyway. These laws are ONLY targeted at peaceful, honest, and law-abiding Citizens.

Gee, why would a government EVER want a National Registry of firearms from peaceful Citizens? What could possibly go wrong...

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sir can you not read and comprehend and I state explicitly firearms are not registered in our area.
    Some of what was said.
    Quoting the original post that I responded to 'What if the firearm you are selling is not registered to you'
    I stated
    In the gulf coast which is most of ' the members' our fire arms are not registered.

I frankly do not have the patience to answer the rest of your post.
    You start that sentance with a hypothetical "What if", I answered that there is no such ""What if" under Fed or Fl laws. So explain the relevance of "What if the firearms you are selling is not registered to you": you are expressing a pretense that such a registration requirement exists on firearms that could lawfully be sold on the Gulf Coast. You also didn't differentiate NFA Items from your general "registration" word usage. The whole registered firearm thing is a B.S. non issue.

Not a lack of patienceon your part, its a lack of plausible justification for the rest of you comments after you just called out sombody for chicken little shit,: you spit out your own and don't understand the differences between "opposition to" and a "criminal act": that would get a zero dark thirty SWAT visit and endanger your family as you insinuate.

I will try to igore your "Got to say something on everything" rambling.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You start that sentance with a hypothetical "What if",
    You are still not reading it right.
    The "what if" is my quoting someone else's post and not my original statement. This new forum format does not help me too much making things clear at times.
    Quoting you
    I will try to igore your "Got to say something on everything" rambling.
    LOL ok The above boldface are you words and not mine.

Top Bottom