• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    These folks turned down a 21% pay raise and are demanding a 40% pay raise, this kind of crap really gets under my skin. New vehicle prices are already out of reach for the majority of the middle class folks and if these auto workers get their way then no telling what a new car/truck will be priced at. If I’m fortunate enough to get a 3% pay raise annually I have to deal with it and live life accordingly within my means. To me it’s absurd for anybody to go on strike and demand those kind of wages, some of ya’ll might not agree with me at all and scold me hard on the matter but I am literally steaming over the situation. I’m planning on retiring in one year and have never owned a new pickup truck, that was a goal of mine upon retirement but looks like I can flush that dream down the toilet. No telling what kind of salaries these union workers are already making.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I dont see why the C suite should get record profits over the last 4 years and not compensate the employees the same way.
    Annual gross profits have risen by 34% at Ford and 50% at GM since 2019 (Per google) - They haven't negotiated the contracts since 2019.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Ford CEO took home more than $22 million in salary last year. That’s over 300 times the average median salary of a Ford employee. The average cost of labor for a new car is around 5% or less. GM’s CEO took home $29 million, and the Stellantis CEO took home $25 million.

“Put another way, an hourly Ford employee would need to labor for seven working lifetimes to earn the same amount of money that Farley, between his base salary, bonus, stock options, and fringe benefits, took home in a single year.”

The workers generate the value, not the CEO. The cost of a new auto rises but not the factory worker pay. The CEO gets a sales bonus, but not the workers who make it happen.

Stop shilling for the bossman. They don’t care about you. Instead of slagging off other workers, start asking why your employer isn’t doing better for you. Don’t like that they’re asking for 32 hour weeks? Demand it for yourself instead of griping about how hard you work. YOU DESERVE BETTER. You hurt yourself by denigrating those that ask for better pay.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    The Ford CEO took home more than $22 million in salary last year. That’s over 300 times the average median salary of a Ford employee. The average cost of labor for a new car is around 5% or less. GM’s CEO took home $29 million, and the Stellantis CEO took home $25 million.

“Put another way, an hourly Ford employee would need to labor for seven working lifetimes to earn the same amount of money that Farley, between his base salary, bonus, stock options, and fringe benefits, took home in a single year.”

The workers generate the value, not the CEO. The cost of a new auto rises but not the factory worker pay. The CEO gets a sales bonus, but not the workers who make it happen.

Stop shilling for the bossman. They don’t care about you. Instead of slagging off other workers, start asking why your employer isn’t doing better for you. Don’t like that they’re asking for 32 hour weeks? Demand it for yourself instead of griping about how hard you work. YOU DESERVE BETTER. You hurt yourself by denigrating those that ask for better pay.
    Workers of the World Unite!!

skippyt

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    All of those manufacturers should just shutdown, close the doors and walk away, they've made more money than they can spend in a lifetime, then those union parasites are out of work, unions have gotten out of hand, they worked well when they were protecting workers health and working environments, then had to find something else to be mad about, now they are just like government parasites, and only want to stay in power. And yes, I left my union as I got tired of their authoritarian crap.
    YRMV.

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Get real mutant,
    If I demand anything in wages or my work hours I will be shown the door and out of a job as most hard working Americans would be too. It’s a fact that CEO’s will always make more than the laborers, that’s life.

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

This is every job in America and we don’t strike, we go to work. You know why my CEO makes more money than me ? BECAUSE HE APPLIED HIMSELF ! He went to college, got multiple degrees, worked long hours away from family over decades to get where he is. I had the same opportunities but I CHOSE not to apply myself, therefore I make 100 times less than him AS I SHOULD !!! It’s called taking fiscal responsibility ! Some of y’all sound like democrats wanting rich folk to share the wealth to those that chose not to apply themselves but now want “Their fair share” !

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Let me give you an example of Union jobs and what happened to my brother, back in the early 1980’s he was making $18+ per hour, most folks around here was making about $4.00 an hour at the time. The company my brother worked for was very good to them, but they tried milking the company for every dime they could, you see they wouldn’t work like they should during their shifts, they would drag @$$ around to get the work done on overtime pay or weekend pay where they were payed double, the company ran two shifts and eventually had to hire a third shift to get the products made. They got 8 weeks paid vacation and thought they should have more, they would go on strike and demand more and more. Their standard of living was so much higher than everybody else’s in our small town it was ridiculous. I told my brother ya’ll don’t appreciate your good fortune at all and just keep it up and all will be lost. Well after a few years and all their demands the company shut the doors and went to Canada. Now they all have to bust the butts making a living and lots of them will never be back to the wages they once made because of their greed.

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Just like the McDonalds worker wanting $25 an hour to make a damn burger. You don’t like your pay, you don’t like your position, THEN BETTER YOURSELF, don’t be the same old you and then DEMAND MORE !!!!

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Someone suggested the big 3 just shut down. I suggest they do what Boeing did when they moved one of their plants to a right to work state.
    But , as far as prices go, the auto makers that set up shops in the south have to pay their workers the same wages so the unions don't have a point for the workers to grip about.

Top Bottom