• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccc

Master
    So they have just announced this WILL BE a sanctioned fight. Eight 2 min rounds, no headgear, knockouts ALLOWED. Always been a huge fan of Tyson, paid for every pay perview fight. So what are your thoughts. This could still be a dance around the ring, no one wants to get hurt money maker sham of a fight, or do you think we will actually get to see a REAL fight ???

M60Gunner

Master
    Really hope Paul is not gonna come out of this with some permanent damage. Don’t know or necessarily like him but feel like he has bitten off more than he understands. Tyson is a far cry from Woodley or anyone he has faced.

MarkJ

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    So I guess this means you two think it will be a REAL FIGHT, and not some scripted money maker.
    Tyson is using it to get another fight, now that it's sanctioned.

He's going to knock out Paul and then look for him to try and get a fight with Usyk. Usyk would be Tyson's best shot at getting another Heavyweight Title...

BluesBrother

Master
    I would like to see Iron Mike win. However, he is 57, Jake Paul is 27. His best hope is for a first round ko. If that doesn't happen than Paul will kill him because Mike won't stop willingly.

ccc

Master
    Tyson is using it to get another fight, now that it's sanctioned.

He's going to knock out Paul and then look for him to try and get a fight with Usyk. Usyk would be Tyson's best shot at getting another Heavyweight Title...
    George Foreman was 48 when he fought his last and I remember that fight, he KNEW it was time to quit. While I want this to be a good fight with real action and not just a scripted thing by both to get a payday, there is NO WAY Tyson wants another fight after this. He wants one last payday and then to get high the rest of his life by the pool. It will be VERY apparent during the fight if the two are just playing us all to get us to pay for a fight or if they are indeed trying to hurt one another, there will be no hiding that. I for one will be paying to watch, but I STRONGLY believe we will be VERY disappointed and neither will get hurt, cut, and definitely not knocked out.

SLTW

Expert
    It’s 100% in the contract that Jake Paul either wins or has a draw. They are going to dangle millions of dollars in front of Mike to let Jake win or draw.

Our only hope is that Mike Tyson can’t contain the beast he’s suppressed and his animal instincts destroy Jake Paul. I boxed in the army and met some very talented fighters. Jake Paul is turning boxing into more of the mockery than it already is.

I think Logan Paul is an actually talented person. If you ever saw his vine days he was very funny, genuine, and clever. I respect Logan for looking out for his younger brother, but Jake Paul is just a jerk.

ccc

Master
    It’s 100% in the contract that Jake Paul either wins or has a draw. They are going to dangle millions of dollars in front of Mike to let Jake win or draw.

Our only hope is that Mike Tyson can’t contain the beast he’s suppressed and his animal instincts destroy Jake Paul. I boxed in the army and met some very talented fighters. Jake Paul is turning boxing into more of the mockery than it already is.
    Agree, and this will be Mikes biggest payout in YEARS, he will do as told. I knew the minute IRON Mike was quoted as saying “He was SCARED of Jake” that I would be disappointed. Mike scared of Jake ?????

MarkJ

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Have you seen Tyson's workout videos? He's still fast.
    He still has incredible knockout power too the guy holding the pads is getting rocked, and his dodging and weaving? Paul isn't fast enough to hit Mike with a knockout blow because Paul has to wind up to get knockout power in his punches..

This is a sanctioned fight so it's not going to be a WWE event.

We'll all see soon enough!

BluesBrother

Master
    Have you seen Tyson's workout videos? He's still fast.
    I haven't seen him drop anyone in the first round with one punch like he used to. Fast is good but it's not how Mike got his nick name. Just sayin'. Mike has the instincts but so does Paul. Does Mike have the power? Paul is not know for having a glass jaw.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom