• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Comment I made elsewhere on this vid:

I've stopped to help plenty of turtles... even duct-taped the shell of one that was hit after I passed it the first time (with black, heavy-duty Gorilla tape... came out PERFECT!). But I DON'T stop in the ROAD with speeding traffic behind me!

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I just read that one too. What a f'n moron. Too bad the truck that was involved didn't flatten the driver that stopped...
    Hell, it looked like the truck of the driver who stopped was STILL ROLLING after he got out!?!

EDIT: OK, MAYBE the guy who stepped out of the black pickup came out of the rear door, and the driver was still in the seat?

Last edited:

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    While I have helped them before, it's not a regular habit. I try to never intentionally run over anything, but I'm not jeopardizing my life to swerve off the road, or slam on brakes in traffic to save any animal. Now I do, and have stopped several times when a cow or horse is out, I'll call 911 and try to alert the owners. Having attended highschool in Anchorage, I've seen, many times, the deviation a large animal can inflict (moose!)

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Squirrels are what get me, how an animal can be so agile and quick in a tree or in the woods, loose it's mind as soon as it hits pavement? You come up on one in the road and they look like they're on crack or something. I simply continue as normal and leave it up to God, I figure if everything that happens is all part of his master plan who am I to interfere? It saddens me to run over one but I'm not risking an accident over it. I don't see how people can run over a turtle; they are easy to avoid.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Squirrels are what get me, how an animal can be so agile and quick in a tree or in the woods, loose it's mind as soon as it hits pavement? You come up on one in the road and they look like they're on crack or something. I simply continue as normal and leave it up to God, I figure if everything that happens is all part of his master plan who am I to interfere? It saddens me to run over one but I'm not risking an accident over it. I don't see how people can run over a turtle; they are easy to avoid.
    Hell, people have hit ENGINES laying in the road (fell off of a salvage yard truck, apparently). I'm not sure if it's that they're that inattentive, or that they just like to DESTROY stuff... including THEIR OWN CARS!

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Hell, people have hit ENGINES laying in the road (fell off of a salvage yard truck, apparently). I'm not sure if it's that they're that inattentive, or that they just like to DESTROY stuff... including THEIR OWN CARS!
    more than likely more attentive to phone than road.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    While I have helped them before, it's not a regular habit. I try to never intentionally run over anything, but I'm not jeopardizing my life to swerve off the road, or slam on brakes in traffic to save any animal. Now I do, and have stopped several times when a cow or horse is out, I'll call 911 and try to alert the owners. Having attended highschool in Anchorage, I've seen, many times, the deviation a large animal can inflict (moose!)
    I was recently on a major four-lane with a R.R. track running beside when I saw at least FORTY goats spread out milling around the tracks.

Got on the phone with FHP, made a u-turn, and tried to figure out where they came from. Saw an open driveway, so I pulled up to it and started to walk in. Can't recall if I had to call him out or whether he was already outside, but I found a guy straight out of the TALIBAN who lived there, and told him his goats were out beside the track.

He walked out of the gate, hollered something to them (in Pashtun, I guess : ), and they all came running back inside! I told him that I needed to get him to train my dogs! About that time he pulled out a NAA mini-revolver and started loading the cylinder. He didn't seem to have much of a sense of humor, so I decided it was time to go.

Called FHP again and told them it was all taken care of : )

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I was recently on a major four-lane with a R.R. track running beside when I saw at least FORTY goats spread out milling around the tracks.

Got on the phone with FHP, made a u-turn, and tried to figure out where they came from. Saw an open driveway, so I pulled up to it and started to walk in. Can't recall if I had to call him out or whether he was already outside, but I found a guy straight out of the TALIBAN who lived there, and told him his goats were out beside the track.

He walked out of the gate, hollered something to them (in Pashtun, I guess : ), and they all came running back inside! I told him that I needed to get him to train my dogs! About that time he pulled out a NAA mini-revolver and started loading the cylinder. He didn't seem to have much of a sense of humor, so I decided it was time to go.

Called FHP again and told them it was all taken care of : )
    The "madam" of a brothel?

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not gonna go outta my way to kill an animal while driving, will avoid them if I can, but certainly will not "drive" like this and cause a multi-vehicle wreck. Wife belongs to a local Internet group where most think he's a good samaritan/saint.

I think he deserves to pay for all the damage he caused, and spend a couple of months without a license while speaking at schools about how stupid and reckless he is.

If I had to speculate, he'll not be charged with anything, but everyone else that hit someone else, will be charged with following too close for conditions. I suspect the truck driver will lose his job, too...

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm not gonna go outta my way to kill an animal while driving, will avoid them if I can, but certainly will not "drive" like this and cause a multi-vehicle wreck. Wife belongs to a local Internet group where most think he's a good samaritan/saint.

I think he deserves to pay for all the damage he caused, and spend a couple of months without a license while speaking at schools about how stupid and reckless he is.

If I had to speculate, he'll not be charged with anything, but everyone else that hit someone else, will be charged with following too close for conditions. I suspect the truck driver will lose his job, too...
    And note how, when the guy in the left lane stopped for the turtle, the next person up in the right lane nearly stopped as well, leaving nowhere for anyone to go!

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And note how, when the guy in the left lane stopped for the turtle, the next person up in the right lane nearly stopped as well, leaving nowhere for anyone to go!
    Sympathetic #$%-hattery? These are the same morons who lock up their brakes the second they hear what they think might be a siren, or see flashing lights a mile behind 'em. No look around, no situational awareness, no rational decision/course of action. Just STOP! right where the are, just like turtle boy. :rolleyes:

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sympathetic #$%-hattery? These are the same morons who lock up their brakes the second they hear what they think might be a siren, or see flashing lights a mile behind 'em. No look around, no situational awareness, no rational decision/course of action. Just STOP! right where the are, just like turtle boy. :rolleyes:
    Then ride your ass if you are only going 5mph over the limit in heavy traffic.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Then ride your ass if you are only going 5mph over the limit in heavy traffic.
    Or do 55 when the speed limit is 35, then continue to do 55 when the speed limit jumps up to 65 : )

e.g.., speed past you in the school zone, then hold you up on the open road!

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I like the ones that try to race down the closed construction lane to cut everyone off that did the right thing and moved over.
    I hope in that closed lave and stay next to the vehicle beside me, sometimes with 1+ mile of clear sailing in front of me. Boy, does that get people mad, but it makes me feel good.

Top Bottom