• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DangDang

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I’ll be headed over towards Jacksonville Thursday for a 3 day weekend hunt in some public. One of my favorite hunts/times if I can get a quota permit.

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I’ll be headed over towards Jacksonville Thursday for a 3 day weekend hunt in some public. One of my favorite hunts/times if I can get a quota permit.

Where you hunting? I moved away from Jax 8 years ago but used to hunt several of the wma’s around there. One of the best gobblers I’ve ever taken came off 4 creeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sporter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Took some time from chores and popped a young 18 lb tom yesterday.
    First Tom of 2024 smaller.jpg

I've noticed another bearded hen on the property this year (on the far right). They seem to show up frequently. Have any of you spotted any in person or on the field cameras? Just curious how common they are.
    Bearded hen 2024.jpg

Southalabama

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Took some time from chores and popped a young 18 lb tom yesterday.
    View attachment 281535

I've noticed another bearded hen on the property this year (on the far right). They seem to show up frequently. Have any of you spotted any in person or on the field cameras? Just curious how common they are.
    View attachment 281537
    Nice bird. What shotgun is that?

Sporter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice bird. What shotgun is that?
    It’s a Henry model H015 12 gauge, 28” barrel, 3.5” chamber, Carlson turkey choke. I used 3.5” Tungsten (TSS) good for 70 yards. Kicks like a mule. I could have used my 45 as he practically ran toward me and I hit him at 29 yards.

I get advised to “upgrade” to a semiautomatic with a shorter barrel all the time but I like hunting with a single shot.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    It’s a Henry model H015 12 gauge, 28” barrel, 3.5” chamber, Carlson turkey choke. I used 3.5” Tungsten (TSS) good for 70 yards. Kicks like a mule. I could have used my 45 as he practically ran toward me and I hit him at 29 yards.

I get advised to “upgrade” to a semiautomatic with a shorter barrel all the time but I like hunting with a single shot.
    Yep. Saw you had a choke on the end was wondering. Nothing wrong with a single shot, works fine. I'm using my grandpa's savage 94c, 2 3/4, full choke, ghost gun, no serial. Using #6 hi bird. Over time this thing probably took 10 freezers of game. It's the only gun I ever saw him use. Deer, coons, turkeys, doves, ducks, rabbits, squirrels and pests. I wish that he could have taught me his magic with the shotgun. At some point he painted it green, with a brush, lol. I added the decal on the stock. True shooter, tight pattern. It is and always will be my turkey gun.
    20190917_192821.jpg

Top Bottom